Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

BIKE - Spongebomb vs Tajp

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
BIKE - Spongebomb vs Tajp
Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
tomorrow morning (i have to be at the airport by 10:30), but that's enought information for me, i'll try it! Smile

i'm sure i can do a manual to 3tap, but i never really tried a manual to flat 3, we'll see Razz

but could you upload the vid before i come back to prove you did land it? Pimp

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
Yeah sure, i´ll try to get the clip tomorrow, i bet you can do it man! It´s still a bit schetchy but i´ll try to smooth them out.

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 13:30 Quote
haha okay Smile

just checked out the weatherforecast and damn...... thursday rain, friday rain (so probably no street ride through NYC), saturday is fine sunny and 27 degrees celsius, sunday and monday too

but i will be only riding on friday evening and saturday (we'll go sightseeing too, never been out of europe before and NYC must be great!), and saturday is the contest on the brooklyn banks, so i hope i can land it in between Razz

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
haha okay Smile

just checked out the weatherforecast and damn...... thursday rain, friday rain (so probably no street ride through NYC), saturday is fine sunny and 27 degrees celsius, sunday and monday too

but i will be only riding on friday evening and saturday (we'll go sightseeing too, never been out of europe before and NYC must be great!), and saturday is the contest on the brooklyn banks, so i hope i can land it in between Razz

the banks are under the kooklyn bridge so you'll always have a place to ride when it rains..

Posted: Jun 10, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
lauwe-pokoe wrote:
spongebomb wrote:
haha okay Smile

the banks are under the kooklyn bridge so you'll always have a place to ride when it rains..

Brooklyn bridge is what I'm sure you meant there Smile

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 1:03 Quote
Okay, but you can get some extra days if you need it. Yeah, NYC is real nice, if you want to go up in the empire state building, i recommend you to do it at night. Not so much people and a nicer view of the city(if it´s not cloudy). Have a nice trip!

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 2:46 Quote
Shuggles wrote:
lauwe-pokoe wrote:
spongebomb wrote:
haha okay Smile

Brooklyn bridge is what I'm sure you meant there Smile

yes and no, i referred to the brooklyn bridge but meant to say kooklyn bridge, a word joke i read on the internet as brooklyn is full of kooks.

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 at 3:26 Quote
lauwe-pokoe wrote:
spongebomb wrote:
haha okay Smile

look again, they are not under the brooklyn bridge, they are to the left (manhattan side) where the road starts to rise for the brooklyn bridge. there are 2 roads above the brooklyn branks though, so the banks themselfs are dry when it rains, but your tires still will be wet cause the other parts of the spot are wet Wink

but anyways, we had good luck with the rain. like 5 minutes after the jam ended it started to rain. the fridaynight ride stayed dry aswell. but when we wanted to go hang out at vincent allards roof after the afterparty at De La Rosa's bikeshop (called POST), when we got out of the train (well, most people got send out by the police, but that's another story lol ) we foudn out it was raining, so after getting something to eat at this ghetto macdonalds we went back home cause their room was too small to fit in so many people Frown Razz

i've only tried the trick a few times, and the farest i landed was manual to flat 270, but i think i could be able to do it with a bit more practising.

i had a great time tho! and i also met Aaron Ross! and a lot of known mtb riders like Adam Hauck, Carter Holland, Matt Jamieson, Matt White, and more Razz
And i've got first at the amateur class Big Grin

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 at 10:24 Quote
I wanna go to Thrash bike jam some time Big Grin

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 at 10:33 Quote
just go, it was so much fun! it was like more than 100 times greater than i could dream of Smile

i even met Aaron Ross at the Brooklyn Banks! he's a great guy and he also gave me some nice advice Smile can't wait to see his bunnyhop 540s, he said he'll land them in a few weeks, max a few months

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 at 11:15 Quote
540 to halfcab whip??? didnt expect it at the end at all..

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
haha yeah but without the nosetap Smile

intopic: is it okay if i'll try it tomorrownight? won't have any time to ride til than, so might that be a last chance? (a)

and did you land the 180 over a 70cm rail, and have you got the vid of the manual to 360? Smile

c ya!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.045159
Mobile Version of Website