Powered by Outside

Norco or Kona

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:00 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
neither rule go ride a vpp or meastro frame then tell me these 2 companies are good.

Ryan

I rode a VPP bike and a Maestro bike then bought a Six... Razz

FL
Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:01 Quote
juzam888 wrote:
kona rules.......D.O.P.E system rules
first off, the DOPE system was never invented by kona.
secondly, any frame that needs an extra 2-3 lbs of metal to give it better braking performance is a shitty design.
FSR dont need a floating brake BITCH

Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:04 Quote
z-man wrote:
juzam888 wrote:
secondly, any frame that needs an extra 2-3 lbs of metal to give it better braking performance is a shitty design.

any bike could benefit from a floating brake,granted its less noticable on fsr.

FL
Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:10 Quote
marquis wrote:
z-man wrote:
juzam888 wrote:

yeah, very slightly, but when you have a shitty design like kona does, you need to steel other people idea's, give them your own label and try to market it as an amazing technology to shitty groms who dont know better.
Kona's are all marketing, bad frames, shitty designs.

Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
z-man wrote:
marquis wrote:
z-man wrote:

yeah, very slightly, but when you have a shitty design like kona does, you need to steel other people idea's, give them your own label and try to market it as an amazing technology to shitty groms who dont know better.

i agree sort of faux bar is a dated design but not hugley shitty,granted things have moved on a fair bit but fsr hasnt changed either.

if most people looked at there actual riding style and actually put some thought into what they are doing then faux bar is fine most of the time.

will have to end the debate here though as its kinda off topic.

Posted: Oct 18, 2009 at 11:18 Quote
with both companies you get what you pay for

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 21:50 Quote
z-man wrote:
marquis wrote:
z-man wrote:

you seem to not like kona very much and you sound like the rest of the 13 year olds on this site who will believe anything the people on this site say
Congratulations!

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 21:51 Quote
kpilar wrote:
z-man wrote:
marquis wrote:

you seem to not like kona very much and you sound like the rest of the 13 year olds on this site who will believe anything the people on this site say
Congratulations!
+1 for kpillartup

FL
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 21:53 Quote
Stinkyboy09 wrote:
kpilar wrote:
z-man wrote:

Congratulations!
+1 for kpillartup
thirteen year old? go ahead, ride your shitty bikes.

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 21:54 Quote
z-man wrote:
Stinkyboy09 wrote:
kpilar wrote:

Congratulations!
+1 for kpillartup
thirteen year old? go ahead, ride your shitty bikes.
I will! Thank You!

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 22:11 Quote
go ahead and say i have a shit bike, but thats not gunna make me a bad rider. if you like how your bike feels, isn't that good enough how it is. I dont need a 6 thousand dollar bike to do every trail at whistler. biking is for fun, dont be a *ag that thinks he's all special because he has a signicantly nicer bike than the rest of us. Because really, you are probly just a kid with low self esteem who talks shit about others bike so they look up to and envy your stuff. if you dont have anything contributing to this thread then leave

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
As people earlier on were talking about " well norco pays specialized cuz they arent good enought to come up with their own suspension design"

Think about it this way. Only one person or group of people together can be the first to come up with a design, and it happens that specialized's design team created a good design, and sometime for a long time there is nothing better than it.

For example: The wheel. Nobody has made changes for a long while, but that doesnt mean that everyone else has bad design, etc. It just means that the inventor had a great idea, and nobody so far has topped that.

just my 2 cents anyways....

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 7:49 Quote
Twoola wrote:
As people earlier on were talking about " well norco pays specialized cuz they arent good enought to come up with their own suspension design"

Think about it this way. Only one person or group of people together can be the first to come up with a design, and it happens that specialized's design team created a good design, and sometime for a long time there is nothing better than it.

For example: The wheel. Nobody has made changes for a long while, but that doesnt mean that everyone else has bad design, etc. It just means that the inventor had a great idea, and nobody so far has topped that.

actually horst came up with the horst link specialized just patented the idea and shoved the brand name on it.

amp were one of the first companies to use the horst link.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://active-s.com/blog/img/amp_b4_3.jpg

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 23:59 Quote
Twoola wrote:

It's the link company that comes up with the suspension designs; Not the bike companies.

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 at 17:22 Quote
lol i was just kinda summing up what a lot of other people were saying. i dont actually know that much about who designs what etc

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.408484
Mobile Version of Website