Powered by Outside

Do you really need shin pads or just knee pads?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Do you really need shin pads or just knee pads?
Posted: Jun 29, 2011 at 18:02 Quote
whos arguing? I just implied i have a cleaner style wich doesnt require me to hit the ground to improve my riding and you assumed I am slow and better sitting in my couch. anyways...
shinpads or knee pads, just ride your fokin bike

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 at 7:11 Quote
I smell a freshly dug grave....

That aside, idc either way. Although last time i rode DH with no armour, a mate got shitty with me and refused to let me ride until i put my knee shins on (mace tetonic for those of you playing at home). I felt so uncomfortable in them i was distracted, and had one of my worse crashes yet. Not happy Jan. The only time knee shins worked for me was once when i was wearing a mates Dainese ones riding BMX in the city (i was returning them to him and had no bag, so i wore them). I got hit by a car and skidded down the road on my knees. Massive save. Lucky much?

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 at 8:50 Quote
I wear 661 4x4 with Roach pants over top. I've had enough deep lacerations on my legs to know whats good for me.

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 at 16:19 Quote
Fox launch knee/shin are the business, they piss all over 661 knee/shin combos.
Just my opinion.

Posted: Jul 1, 2011 at 16:09 Quote
jonathan-c wrote:
I wear 661 4x4 with Roach pants over top. I've had enough deep lacerations on my legs to know whats good for me.

Hey man ive been riding with those for 2 years approx they are great because they protect you on the front and have a small amount of protection on the back of your leg for when your pushing your bike up a steep hill and the pedals wack you in the back of the leg, the front of the shin pad part is great as you are pretty much fully covered....

BUT as far as knee protection goes they offer nil protection in my opinion as soon as you pedal hard they slip down and if you are in a crash the knee part just slips down exposing the top of your kneecap, two weeks ago was my second knee injury using these pads, my knee got cut open by something on the bike and had swelling the size of a golf ball on the top of my knee which basically shows that they did nothing...

Thats why im looking at this thread for something more effective.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018785
Mobile Version of Website