Powered by Outside

Giant Glory vs. Cove Shocker

PB Forum :: Downhill
Giant Glory vs. Cove Shocker
Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 14:28 Quote
sorry to gravedig but i have an opportunity to buy a used 2008 cove shocker or a used 2009 giant glory, and im having a really hard time deciding. oh and ill be buying frame only so the spec would be the same. i could also get an almost brand new 2009 kona stab frame for quite a bit less but im pretty sure i dont want one of those. if anybody could give me their thoughts that would be great.

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 15:58 Quote
dezim wrote:
sorry to gravedig but i have an opportunity to buy a used 2008 cove shocker or a used 2009 giant glory, and im having a really hard time deciding. oh and ill be buying frame only so the spec would be the same. i could also get an almost brand new 2009 kona stab frame for quite a bit less but im pretty sure i dont want one of those. if anybody could give me their thoughts that would be great.
since specs dont matter in this case go for the glory because it is newer and probably has less riding hours on it

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 21:43 Quote
im a bit of a fan of the new stab's. they look awesome and have a couple changes to them that are good....but of course i cant remember what they are.

if the stab is new, it comes with a warrente? sounds good to me if it dosent cost a ton more than the other 2 frames.

between the gaint and the cove, ide get the giant because like he said ^ its probably less beaten up.

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 at 20:27 Quote
dutchster wrote:
im a bit of a fan of the new stab's. they look awesome and have a couple changes to them that are good....but of course i cant remember what they are.

if the stab is new, it comes with a warrente? sounds good to me if it dosent cost a ton more than the other 2 frames.

between the gaint and the cove, ide get the giant because like he said ^ its probably less beaten up.
i assume he would buy the kona used so the warranty would be void...Frown

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 at 21:41 Quote
j-e-metalhead1 wrote:
dutchster wrote:

i assume he would buy the kona used so the warranty would be void...Frown
yes the kona is used but in really good condition.

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 19:39 Quote
is there any chance we could see pics?

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 20:04 Quote
i would go for the shocker..... unless it is about to malfunction or it just looks hideous from being beaten up too bad.. pics would be good

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 at 21:52 Quote
go with the kona or the giant

O+
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 12:34 Quote
hard to decide ?. both bikes are dope i ride a08 glory ur gona have to sit on both of them and see witch on feels better for u .
size them both up for the type of rideing ur gona do .if they are roughly in the same shape you are gona be buying for the name you like the best . the only draw back i found on the glory is the location of the rear shock its in a tight space (harder to ajust) but it looks badass unlike the kona which looks like somesort of machinery from world war 2. fuk it buy both!!!!!!!

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 18:45 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
hard to decide ?. both bikes are dope i ride a08 glory ur gona have to sit on both of them and see witch on feels better for u .
size them both up for the type of rideing ur gona do .if they are roughly in the same shape you are gona be buying for the name you like the best . the only draw back i found on the glory is the location of the rear shock its in a tight space (harder to ajust) but it looks badass unlike the kona which looks like somesort of machinery from world war 2. fuk it buy both!!!!!!!
haha i like it Wink if i only i had enough money, i guess what its gonna come down to is condition and price.

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 22:15 Quote
watch the stevie smith spart in sesons, u will then realize which one u want

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 22:34 Quote
kpilar wrote:
take in consideration its only the frame

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 22:35 Quote
kpilar wrote:
stevie smith can pinnit on any dh bike, that would hardly influence my decision.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042100
Mobile Version of Website