The engineers forum.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The engineers forum.
Posted: Aug 10, 2011 at 20:11 Quote
iamaskier333 wrote:
summit800 wrote:
iamaskier333 wrote:
hi guys,
i'm interested in designing mountain bike frames and have a few questions to ask before i get started. Im currently in high school and was wondering if there are in specific classes that would help out in this profession. Also for college what should i major in, in order to design frames? Also if there is any computer programs that i can use to start designing bikes now. ( im using google sketchup right now but it is very complicated so whick tutorials should i look at?) thank you pinkbikeSalute

i found solidworks online, its great. id make sure you do design in highschool that helps for future courses in university/college if in engineering.

best of luck buddy

Thanks for the advice... ive heard that solidworks is a fantastic program the only problem is that a cost to much at this time. I just downloaded alibre but do not know much about the program yet.
What?! Computer programs cost money?! Since when? Wink

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 at 20:12 Quote
What?! Computer programs cost money?! Since when? Wink [/Quote]

Haha you know what i mean....

Posted: Aug 12, 2011 at 15:59 Quote
iamaskier333 wrote:
What?! Computer programs cost money?! Since when? Wink

Haha you know what i mean....[/Quote]

Yes that's what I mean lol

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 at 20:29 Quote
If wanna go pro…I`d say that for get about the solid works, you need mechanic, material, solids courses (not like to fix things)... you start understanding physic laws materials, as aluminum, steel, liquids etc..the all bike is a mechanism (by the meaning)….You will know when you need the software. You might find that those type of courses are only given as a part of a career though,. If you start with the software you`ll find your self drawing a pretty dam cool bike without too much of an engineering input…just the rider input..

I use sketchup..for work, but that`s just a drawing tool, same with the autocad..I`d say that its mainly used for squared type of things...I believe it would be a challenge to design a bike

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 11:30 Quote
gporras wrote:
If wanna go pro…I`d say that for get about the solid works, you need mechanic, material, solids courses (not like to fix things)... you start understanding physic laws materials, as aluminum, steel, liquids etc..the all bike is a mechanism (by the meaning)….You will know when you need the software. You might find that those type of courses are only given as a part of a career though,. If you start with the software you`ll find your self drawing a pretty dam cool bike without too much of an engineering input…just the rider input..

I use sketchup..for work, but that`s just a drawing tool, same with the autocad..I`d say that its mainly used for squared type of things...I believe it would be a challenge to design a bike

My mate designed a bike using autodesk inventor Blank Stare Could just be that he's pro

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024699
Mobile Version of Website