Builders discussion and rant zone

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Builders discussion and rant zone
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 13:58 Quote
amen to that. a trail is never done.

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 14:31 Quote
makripper wrote:

ever!!!! but one must never flow out a trail hahahaha. make the trail interesting, give it instances of flow, and high speed, and technical sections. i feel like a trail must strive for balance. and once that balance is reached, it takes an endless amount of care to maintain it.

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 14:32 Quote
in other news, i spent about 2 1/2 hours yesterday making a 30 foot long 200 degree berm. it was some rough work. limited amount of space since it is backed up against a fence, and there isn't too much available dirt near by.

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 14:41 Quote
TFreeman wrote:
makripper wrote:

ever!!!! but one must never flow out a trail hahahaha. make the trail interesting, give it instances of flow, and high speed, and technical sections. i feel like a trail must strive for balance. and once that balance is reached, it takes an endless amount of care to maintain it.
definetly no "flow' here. super rough, rugged DH trail. hahah you have to find your flow/lines. they are they and you can run it smooth but you have to work for it

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 7:49 Quote
O i forgot to mention that the bulls crap all over the trail too and when i was riding it i fell on a crap...

O+
Posted: May 22, 2015 at 9:06 Quote
photo

@TFreeman Flow is the way too go!

What really pisses me off is when I see self proclaimed "builders" who half ass their features. If your gonna put shovel to dirt, take pride in your work and make it look good!

Posted: May 22, 2015 at 9:29 Quote
TheYetiHelpsMeDig wrote:
photo

What really pisses me off is when I see self proclaimed "builders" who half ass their features. If your gonna put shovel to dirt, take pride in your work and make it look good!
pump track. sweet!

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 2:41 Quote
so watching builder movie at the moment. macduff tore physics a new a*shole

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 3:07 Quote
Anyone else left feeling underwhelmed by the builder movie ?

Seemed to me more like just a normal bike move with a nod to the builders , was hoping for more of a behind the scenes kind of look at building.

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 3:15 Quote
I sort of agree, I thought it was going to be more building focused, like seeing features getting built, tested and tweaked, the riding was spot on in my opinion, it was stuff that the average rider can get stoked on and go build and ride, it wasn't in some crazy f*ck off exotic location on terrain that you will never find in your local area (bar a few exceptions), it's stuff any of us could build in the woods given the drive and experience (like, it was nuts, but not too nuts, if you get what I mean).

kind of confused how adding a tranny to an existing concrete ditch is considered building though.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2015 at 5:35 Quote
bigburd wrote:

Seemed to me more like just a normal bike move with a nod to the builders , was hoping for more of a behind the scenes kind of look at building.

I enjoyed it, but I see what you are saying

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 5:37 Quote
Anyone know what the code for it is?

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 5:54 Quote
TreyDownhill wrote:
bigburd wrote:

I enjoyed it, but I see what you are saying
definitely lacked building. Reminded me of a weak mash up of kranked, collective and nwd with a Montage of dirt tossing here and there...

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 9:58 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Anyone know what the code for it is?
£6.99 on iTunes?

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 10:17 Quote
TheYetiHelpsMeDig wrote:
photo

100% dawg... !

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023263
Mobile Version of Website