Powered by Outside

Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 3:49 Quote
Got these little metal things with my spectral anyone know what they are ? They are straight down either side with a curve round at each end and there is two bends in them ????

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 5:36 Quote
I've ordered a Spectral AL 8.0. I couldn't wait for it to get here but having done a bit more digging it seems the frames aren't as durable as others, seen lots of photos of cracks and dents. Anyone got any opinions on how tough Canyons aluminium frames are compared to others?

I went for the Spectral because it's light but have they sacrificed strength for weight. I'm not planning on giving it too much abuse but don't want it to fall apart after a few months riding either. Can't afford to be replacing it any time soon so want a frame that's going to last years.

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 6:12 Quote
mtbboy05 wrote:
Got these little metal things with my spectral anyone know what they are ? They are straight down either side with a curve round at each end and there is two bends in them ????

Picture?

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 6:17 Quote
another-Rich wrote:
I've ordered a Spectral AL 8.0. I couldn't wait for it to get here but having done a bit more digging it seems the frames aren't as durable as others, seen lots of photos of cracks and dents. Anyone got any opinions on how tough Canyons aluminium frames are compared to others?

I went for the Spectral because it's light but have they sacrificed strength for weight. I'm not planning on giving it too much abuse but don't want it to fall apart after a few months riding either. Can't afford to be replacing it any time soon so want a frame that's going to last years.

Had mine 4 months and no problems with frame. I don't do big jumps or drops so maybe that's why? This is the official category rating from Canyon's site.

Bikes in this category include those from categories 1 and 2 and are designed for harsher, unpaved terrain. The scope for these bikes includes occasional jumps up to a maximum height of 60 cm. Jumps of this scale can cause inexperienced riders to have accidents on landing, which can result in injury. Hardtail mountain bikes and full-suspension bikes with short travel are included in this category.

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 8:28 Quote
tbh mine is in the raw colour so cracks etc are a hell of a lot easier to spot I wonder how may people actually inspect their bikes for cracks etc

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 13:11 Quote
mrcoley wrote:
tbh mine is in the raw colour so cracks etc are a hell of a lot easier to spot I wonder how may people actually inspect their bikes for cracks etc

Still, two cracks on the frame in 16 months doesn't fill me with confidence. Depends how you've been riding it I suppose but I'm looking for a frame that's going to last me years.

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 14:37 Quote
another-Rich wrote:
mrcoley wrote:

Still, two cracks on the frame in 16 months doesn't fill me with confidence. Depends how you've been riding it I suppose but I'm looking for a frame that's going to last me years.
yeah I'm not saying you are but many people run their rear shock to soft meaning the frames taking more impact than the shock and people can ride bikes "badly" ie casing jumps ect.

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 16:41 Quote
Had my raw club spectral 7.0 for a year now, i dont go off crazy stuff but decent sized drops etc, and fall off a lot so bike has taken some abuse but no frame problems at all for me so far! Its the one thing that has actually held up well Smile

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 23:49 Quote
I agree on that one. The rear travel needs tuning properly and I know some people with a Spectral who have tried to do that but dropping the shock pressure only rather than spacers etc. I had the rear shock on my Spectral tuned by Mojo and it has been fine. No cracks or issues with the frame either and I have thrown it off some rather big stuff as well.

mtbboy05 wrote:
another-Rich wrote:
mrcoley wrote:

yeah I'm not saying you are but many people run their rear shock to soft meaning the frames taking more impact than the shock and people can ride bikes "badly" ie casing jumps ect.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 2:38 Quote
Hey guys I'm looking to get a Canyon Spectral 7.0EX in the coming weeks. Seems like an amazing bike for the money but I was wondering if anyone has tried the Radon Slide. The spec is quite similar (unfortunately 32mm forks on the slide, but can be easily upgraded to something more stout) and the Radon is a little bit cheaper. Anyone tried or knows anyone who has a Radon Slide? Are they any good?

And, for those of you that own a Spectral, are you happy with the bike?

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 8:23 Quote
Just put a ccdb coil on my torque dhx. Just wandering how people have them setup on their torques? Im about 11 stone running a 300lb spring

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 9:16 Quote
Canyon are collecting the bike on monday to be sent back to Germany for inspection

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 13:56 Quote
mrcoley wrote:
Canyon are collecting the bike on monday to be sent back to Germany for inspection

your bike ?

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 14:03 Quote
taifi wrote:
mrcoley wrote:

your bike ?

yes they want the whole bike they actually phoned me rather than replying by email which is a first. hopefully get a replacement frame then im selling it as ive had enough tbh

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 14:08 Quote
mrcoley wrote:
taifi wrote:
mrcoley wrote:

your bike ?

yes they want the whole bike they actually phoned me rather than replying by email which is a first. hopefully get a replacement frame then im selling it as ive had enough tbh
Donno what to say, maybe you just run out of luck, sadly. I'm a big guy,around 100 kg and last year i/ve ridden an M size Spectral 9.0 Ex, single trails, home trail, stairs, jumps, bike park and...nothing managed to ruin my time . I`m waiting for my 4th Canyon bike since i`ve had no issues with any of them (grand canyon,spectral and torque dhx) .

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013278
Mobile Version of Website