Powered by Outside

Rate My Ride V2 [Read 1st Post]

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Rate My Ride V2 [Read 1st Post]
Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 0:42 Quote
All of these rides are sick. Loving every single on of them! 9/10 for everyone (can't give 10s!)

Mid-school. 1997 TNT Wyfe Beater

photo

photo

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 1:00 Quote
RAD! couple of me mates used to ride for TNT/Billys back in the day

Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 2:28 Quote
photo

Fit Phantom
Snafu fork
Profile rear hub & cranks
Lots of Proper bike co parts
All the TLC titanium bolts
Cult tyres

Not to every ones tastes i'm sure but i like it.

Posted: Nov 17, 2022 at 15:25 Quote
09 Eastern Jane 20.5tt

09 Eastern Jane 20.5tt

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 4:19 Quote
velo-pepperell wrote:
photo
BSD TrailOrPark

That looks sick, Love the orange & chrome

Posted: Feb 26, 2023 at 6:43 Quote
 Minx20
09 Eastern Jane 20.5tt

You have a very clean, and capable-looking survivor. Or did you rebuild it somewhere along the way?
I will give you an extra point for the two different color rims. Plus extra points for the pedals.

8/10

--//--

velo-pepperell,

First off. I chuckled at the name. She looks like a great street/skatepark ride. I have to deduct a point for the seat position, sorry it looks painful. (lol). 6.5/10

—//—

1980 -Factory-Kuwahara-KZ1
A late 1980 build date - I purchased it in 1981.
I raced from 1981-1984-ish

She is a “Survivor” with Original Paint and factory Kuwahara Stickers. Everything is stock except for the "Bear Trap" Headset, two-tooth larger front chain ring, GT bars, and Oakley F1 Grips - AND the legendary HARO "Factory Pro" Number plate! - were all put on/raced with, back in the day.

Yes, I earned a single digit in my district (Northern Midwest)

The stock ELINA "Lighting Bolt" Seat has only had my butt ever sitting on it. Stock/OEM Seat clamp, Stock/OEM Fluted Seat post and the original seat were mounted using NOS "Period Correct" Seat Guts. A black version of this seat was sold on eBay (in 2017) for $800.00!

In 2017 - I took the bike apart, thoroughly cleaned all parts, lubed, replaced some parts that were too far gone, and adjusted everything.

New items included:
* NOS IZUMI chain
* New stainless steel spokes attach the stock rim and SUNTOUR hub.
* NOS "Period Correct" Seat Guts
* New KOOLSTOP "Continental" Pads were used but with the original (OEM) hardware. I cannot believe that they still make the same pads that we raced with in the 1980's!!!

For you "purists", yes, that is a silver lever on an otherwise gold-accented bike. That is the way that it came from the factory. I figured that they ran out of gold levers the day that the bike was built.

You can see the whole rebuild process by going here: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/DavidMatthew/album/1980-Factory-Kuwahara-KZ1-rebuild/

Day-1. She turned out looking and working awesome. Nothing like a boys First Love LOL .
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/16688975/
Day-1 Rear view
Original Paint and factory Kuwahara Stickers. Everything is stock except for the NOS IZUMI chain The Bear Trap Headset and two-tooth larger front chain ring. The Headset and chain ring were put on raced with back in the day.
ELINA Lighting Bolt Seat has only had my butt ever sitting on it. Stock OEM Seat clamp Stock OEM Fluted Seat post and the original seat were mounted using NOS Period Correct Seat Guts That my good friend Eric Friis gifted me. A black version of this seat sold on eBay for 800.00
Day-1 Number Plate View. Original and NOS stickers on the HARO 34 Factory Pro 34 Number plate. I earned the single digit in my Midwest region in the expert class. Those are Vintage Oakley F1 grips first put on the GT bars early in 1982. You also see the Silver brake lever. Usually the lever color would match the brake caliper in my bike 39 s case it would have been gold . But being the original owner I know that it came stock from the factory this way. It bugged me for the longest time but it is unique.

Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 10:04 Quote
Edit: Looked into the Kuwahara bike and have no idea about bikes of that vintage so i wouldnt know how to rate it. The vintage parts throughout is cool though.
Bought from an awesome PB user and swapped a few parts. Still trying to get used to it but its smoooth Cool
Nicolai Ro
Nicolai Ro

Posted: Mar 22, 2023 at 18:30 Quote
DavidMatthew wrote:
 Minx20
09 Eastern Jane 20.5tt

You have a very clean, and capable-looking survivor. Or did you rebuild it somewhere along the way?
I will give you an extra point for the two different color rims. Plus extra points for the pedals.

8/10

--//--

velo-pepperell,

She is a true survivor. Other than to take apart, clean and change a few parts (like the chain and brake pads), a few years ago, she’s is as I stopped racing her in the ‘80’s

Take care.

David.

—//—

1980 -Factory-Kuwahara-KZ1
A late 1980 build date - I purchased it in 1981.
I raced from 1981-1984-ish

She is a “Survivor” with Original Paint and factory Kuwahara Stickers. Everything is stock except for the "Bear Trap" Headset, two-tooth larger front chain ring, GT bars, and Oakley F1 Grips - AND the legendary HARO "Factory Pro" Number plate! - were all put on/raced with, back in the day.

Yes, I earned a single digit in my district (Northern Midwest)

The stock ELINA "Lighting Bolt" Seat has only had my butt ever sitting on it. Stock/OEM Seat clamp, Stock/OEM Fluted Seat post and the original seat were mounted using NOS "Period Correct" Seat Guts. A black version of this seat was sold on eBay (in 2017) for $800.00!

In 2017 - I took the bike apart, thoroughly cleaned all parts, lubed, replaced some parts that were too far gone, and adjusted everything.

New items included:
* NOS IZUMI chain
* New stainless steel spokes attach the stock rim and SUNTOUR hub.
* NOS "Period Correct" Seat Guts
* New KOOLSTOP "Continental" Pads were used but with the original (OEM) hardware. I cannot believe that they still make the same pads that we raced with in the 1980's!!!

For you "purists", yes, that is a silver lever on an otherwise gold-accented bike. That is the way that it came from the factory. I figured that they ran out of gold levers the day that the bike was built.

You can see the whole rebuild process by going here: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/DavidMatthew/album/1980-Factory-Kuwahara-KZ1-rebuild/

Day-1. She turned out looking and working awesome. Nothing like a boys First Love LOL .
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/16688975/
Day-1 Rear view
Original Paint and factory Kuwahara Stickers. Everything is stock except for the NOS IZUMI chain The Bear Trap Headset and two-tooth larger front chain ring. The Headset and chain ring were put on raced with back in the day.
ELINA Lighting Bolt Seat has only had my butt ever sitting on it. Stock OEM Seat clamp Stock OEM Fluted Seat post and the original seat were mounted using NOS Period Correct Seat Guts That my good friend Eric Friis gifted me. A black version of this seat sold on eBay for 800.00
Day-1 Number Plate View. Original and NOS stickers on the HARO 34 Factory Pro 34 Number plate. I earned the single digit in my Midwest region in the expert class. Those are Vintage Oakley F1 grips first put on the GT bars early in 1982. You also see the Silver brake lever. Usually the lever color would match the brake caliper in my bike 39 s case it would have been gold . But being the original owner I know that it came stock from the factory this way. It bugged me for the longest time but it is unique.

Posted: Apr 7, 2023 at 7:53 Quote
My FBM Steadfast.

The Ol Rusty Trombone

The Ol Rusty Trombone
The Ol Rusty Trombone

Posted: Apr 17, 2023 at 9:46 Quote
J1BB wrote:
Edit: Looked into the Kuwahara bike and have no idea about bikes of that vintage so i wouldnt know how to rate it. The vintage parts throughout is cool though.
Bought from an awesome PB user and swapped a few parts. Still trying to get used to it but its smoooth Cool
Nicolai Ro
Nicolai Ro
Specs/10?

Looks like something I’d find in my basement like 20 years ago

Posted: Apr 19, 2023 at 5:57 Quote
spencer666 wrote:
FBM Gypsy
18/20 for both, get another 6 pegs and some boxy ass 4pc and they're perfect.

Posted: Apr 23, 2023 at 11:19 Quote
spencer666 wrote:
My FBM Steadfast.

9.5/10 for both. Beautiful bikes. Looks like bikes that I’d build/ride.

Posted: Apr 23, 2023 at 11:22 Quote
Kink Contender v1

photo

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.088222
Mobile Version of Website