Powered by Outside

Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 0:45 Quote
mountainbiker-finn wrote:
photo
REST IN PEACE

Damn... Sorry to see that. Covered by warranty?

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 1:27 Quote
Volux wrote:
photo
REST IN PEACE

Damn... Sorry to see that. Covered by warranty?

Yehp got a new frame today

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 6:26 Quote
How'd it happen?

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 7:05 Quote
mikkosan wrote:
How'd it happen?

No clue but guessing, abuse like hucking to flat.

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 7:25 Quote
Loved that sx color...new frame came in black?

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 7:38 Quote
Hopefully it's not that murica paint on this years

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 9:47 Quote
Which fork do you have ? Stock one?

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 10:19 Quote
westrm wrote:
Thanks for the reply guys. Have brand new pedals on it so shouldn't be those, I'll check the cranks and if it's not that then I'll get my local shop to investigate (I'm a crap mechanic). The cables are definitely noisy when I turn the bars they rub together and move around internally it's pretty crowded in there I haven't made space by going 1x yet.
Will let you guys know what I find out.
I had to push a piece of foam rubber into the downtube (remove fork to get access). This cured my noisy cables, which could be your problem.

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 11:38 Quote
brianl wrote:
elkinfa19 wrote:
Hello guys I'm about to switch into a full suspension bike and the best match I can get right now is a Trance frameset with no shock.
It would be a kind of frankenstein, because it would be ensambled with my current components:
26 wheels
160 pike
200X57 shock.

Please, is it a bad idea? Let me know your opinions and impressions.
BB height will be reduced by the smaller rear wheel, no?

Yes you're right but, I think the fact of using a 542 AC fork length (160mm-26" = same length than 150mm-27,5) and 2,4 tires would compensate it. I think it may result in a BB height very similar to the Trance 27,5 with a 140mm fork and 2,25 tires. ,

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 14:14 Quote
mikkosan wrote:
How'd it happen?

He wouldn't have been able to tell you how it happened cos it would have voided the warranty haha

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 14:34 Quote
mountainbiker-tom wrote:
mikkosan wrote:
How'd it happen?

He wouldn't have been able to tell you how it happened cos it would have voided the warranty haha

Not sure how

Posted: Jan 31, 2016 at 11:16 Quote
mountainbiker-tom wrote:
mikkosan wrote:
How'd it happen?

Not sure how
Just riding along.......

Posted: Jan 31, 2016 at 12:20 Quote
timsnutz wrote:
mountainbiker-tom wrote:

Not sure how
Just riding along.......

yeh

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2016 at 15:10 Quote
johnovey wrote:
westrm wrote:
Thanks for the reply guys. Have brand new pedals on it so shouldn't be those, I'll check the cranks and if it's not that then I'll get my local shop to investigate (I'm a crap mechanic). The cables are definitely noisy when I turn the bars they rub together and move around internally it's pretty crowded in there I haven't made space by going 1x yet.
Will let you guys know what I find out.
I had to push a piece of foam rubber into the downtube (remove fork to get access). This cured my noisy cables, which could be your problem.

Good to know I'm not the only one. Still can't find where the rest of the noises are coming from (or able to find what it is that causes them, it's random) I've made sure everything's tight and it's not the cranks so I think I'll get my local shop mech to check it over. No effect on performance so I'll just live with it till then

Posted: Jan 31, 2016 at 18:32 Quote
I have a constant click that comes from my seatpost. I take it off, clean and lube the shaft and retorque, then it's gone....until a couple of weeks until the post gets dirty it starts to click again

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020440
Mobile Version of Website