Kona Process 153 forum

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 forum
O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2022 at 11:58 Quote
hhhanson wrote:
DanBuchanan wrote:
Parkershark wrote:
Looking for the best angleset for my 2019 153 29.

I'm headset illiterate. Can someone educate me? I see letter number combos like ZS44/ZS62 or ZS44/ZS56 and a headtube length measurement.

What are the different combos of letters and numbers indicating and what is the headtube length of the G2 P153 29?

What angleset would you guys recommend and if you have used one, would recommend a 1 or 1.5 degrees? Thanks.

Hey my AL DL 29 2020 took a EC44-ZS56
I went with 1 degree and I also had 1 offset bushing. Gave 64.5 degrees. Just check your headtube length on the geo chart.

Hey are you able to confirm this was the one that fit your 2020 model?

1.0 Degree EC44-ZS56 Angle Headset - To Suit Tapered Steerer Tube - Headtube Length:Set 2 100-109mm x1

Mine was a medium so shorter head tube.
As per my confirmation email..
1.0 Degree EC44-ZS56 Angle Headset - To Suit Tapered Steerer Tube - Headtube Length:Set 1 90-99mm
Reducer Crown for 1 1/8" Fork?: Not Needed

Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 12:37 Quote
Does anyone have an XL 29 from the most recent generation? I want to see how it looks because I really don't want to buy it sight unseen and get a bike that looks really contorted.

Posted: Mar 8, 2022 at 3:51 Quote
Look page 61 of this thread, first post on the page not 100% sure it's an xl but you could ask user hhhanson

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 6:37 Quote
okidou wrote:
Look page 61 of this thread, first post on the page not 100% sure it's an xl but you could ask user hhhanson

Its a size large sorry guys!

Posted: Mar 9, 2022 at 7:23 Quote
hhhanson wrote:
okidou wrote:

Its a size large sorry guys!

No worries, a friend of mine had the exact one I was looking for and sent me the pictures. Thanks anyway!

Posted: Mar 10, 2022 at 5:55 Quote
Does anyone know what is correct rear sag for G2 by kona ?

Posted: Mar 10, 2022 at 7:10 Quote
Hirta wrote:

There is no such thing, it depends on your riding style/preference and shock tune.
30% is a good starting point from which you can add or reduce to your preference.

In my experience with the G2, the stock super deluxe setup is WAY too linear to my liking. I ended up getting megneg + 3.5 volume reducers, which is what I ran with ~28-30% sag.

Posted: Mar 10, 2022 at 7:32 Quote
Anyone have a cascade components link they want to sell? Been waiting for a scratch & dent... and that's just not happening. Yes I know I can buy new from them, but I have a strict budget I'm trying to stick to.

Posted: Mar 10, 2022 at 13:07 Quote
Yes I have one in black, and I've only had it about a month

Posted: Mar 10, 2022 at 13:07 Quote
eshew wrote:
Anyone have a cascade components link they want to sell? Been waiting for a scratch & dent... and that's just not happening. Yes I know I can buy new from them, but I have a strict budget I'm trying to stick to.

I'd ask 320 shipped?

Posted: Mar 10, 2022 at 13:09 Quote
I actually may sall the frame too. It's size large, the 2018 153 29er. Its the black white and tan color way. Do you guys think 1200 is a fair price. It's not beat to crap, but it's not new. Bearings seem good still.

Posted: Mar 10, 2022 at 14:24 Quote
I'll be reaching out to you shortly, Thanks!

Posted: Mar 11, 2022 at 22:38 Quote
pqbb wrote:

There is no such thing, it depends on your riding style/preference and shock tune.
30% is a good starting point from which you can add or reduce to your preference.

Yes it depends on your taste but i think there is right sag that frame and suspension will work correctly. They have designed it with something on their mind.

Posted: Mar 14, 2022 at 3:21 Quote
pqbb wrote:
Hirta wrote:

In my experience with the G2, the stock super deluxe setup is WAY too linear to my liking. I ended up getting megneg + 3.5 volume reducers, which is what I ran with ~28-30% sag.

Fully Agree.

The linear setup makes it a good climber and provides Pop on minor Takeoffs. Running the MegNeg ( 2 Spacer )now as well since 2 years. Remember with original Super Deluxe Ultimate I had to add 3 Spacer.
+4 to 8 clicks compression damping are as well setting guide I recommend.

Spacer and MegNeg are great effectiv setup/tuning measureseverybody should use not beeing perfectly happy with Stock conditions - before thinking about a cascade link, other shocks or frames.

30% +- ~3% is about were the frame works fine. The difference in feel within this range is pretty signifcant.

Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 8:28 Quote
I'm running a Megneg and a Cascade link. I'm in over my head when it comes to my shock tune.

Does anyone else have this set up? I've read a couple post on other forum that running both megneg and cascade actually hinders performance. I'm 240 with gear on I'm nearing the limit of 350 on my shock. I'm sitting around 310psi

I've also thought about going with a coil/cascade combo. Thoughts on that? I do a mix of trail and enduro styled riding mixed with a few park days a year.

Any insight would be awesome.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.049381
Mobile Version of Website