Powered by Outside

Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 0:35 Quote
kulkata wrote:
Hello guys,
After my first ride I noticed that the shapeshifter it isn't fully open in XC mode.It's like 10-11mm from 15mm fully open.
Somebody have the same issue?
Thank you

Jump off the bike mate and try the lever. It should pop into XC mode easier as there isn't any weight on the mechanism. Mine was a little stiff when I first got it too.

If that doesn't work, get a bit of lube into the mechanism to help free it up a bit, get back on the bike and cycle both modes to get the lube into the system then it should be okay.

If it's not then it might be a 'take-it-apart' job..

Hope this helps.

Priest

Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 8:22 Quote
priest55 wrote:
kulkata wrote:
Hello guys,
After my first ride I noticed that the shapeshifter it isn't fully open in XC mode.It's like 10-11mm from 15mm fully open.
Thank you

Jump off the bike mate and try the lever. It should pop into XC mode easier as there isn't any weight on the mechanism. Mine was a little stiff when I first got it too.

If that doesn't work, get a bit of lube into the mechanism to help free it up a bit, get back on the bike and cycle both modes to get the lube into the system then it should be okay.

If it's not then it might be a 'take-it-apart' job..

Hope this helps.

Priest
Thanks mate.
Now everything is fine.
Cheers Beer

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 4:17 Quote
kulkata wrote:
Hello guys,
Thank you

Do you have the correct pressure set up in the shape shifter?

Are you shifting properly between modes?

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 23:25 Quote
GRENFELL wrote:
kulkata wrote:
Hello guys,
Thank you

Yes,the pressure is ok.I am 82kg without equipment and 16 bar of pressure,and it's fine.
The first 2-3 times i wаs still "adjusting" myself for the switching between the modes.
I got it right and shifting is very easy now.Smile
Cheers

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 1:15 Quote
kulkata wrote:
GRENFELL wrote:
kulkata wrote:
Hello guys,
Thank you

Yes,the pressure is ok.I am 82kg without equipment and 16 bar of pressure,and it's fine.
The first 2-3 times i wаs still "adjusting" myself for the switching between the modes.
I got it right and shifting is very easy now.Smile
Cheers

Glad you've got it sorted!

I find the easiest way to get back to XC mode is to almost try and lift your back wheel through the pedals, your weight is off the mechanism then and it pops back into XC mode real easy.

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 13:49 Quote
Me + Strive on a nice trail

Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 13:50 Quote
I wish canyon would bring there pricing inline with the euro, as it's currently 800 cheaper for a strive in euros than in pounds...

Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 13:52 Quote
Rgas wrote:
I wish canyon would bring there pricing inline with the euro, as it's currently 800 cheaper for a strive in euros than in pounds...
It isn't Canyon's fault Wink

Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 14:21 Quote
Rgas wrote:

Got any friends who live abroad? Razz

Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 15:30 Quote
I feel your pain, I bought one in us. $ off the euro and it got converted to the gbp... Ouch but still a deal vs what bikes like that go for over here

Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 21:06 Quote
Rgas wrote:
yeah I got mine in euros, if only they had Canadian dollars

Posted: Jul 21, 2015 at 23:33 Quote
Now the difference euro to £ is so big.....I think I will have it delivered to the mother in law in Germany and book a flight to go and get it.....will still be cheaper :-)

Rgas wrote:

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 3:02 Quote
Hey guys!!

I'm glad i finally found a Canyon owners club.
I do have some f****inch dilemmas and I hope someone can help me out.

I own a Torque DHX.
First. I am not sure which rear travel do I actually want. 195mm or 210mm ? Which one do you use??
Also, has anywone switched the trackflip to HIGH on their DHX?? How do you feel on it? Thanks in advance guys..

Secondly, I am very jealous over Commencal Owners Facebook page Club. Those guys talk everything down there, posting pics and all.

Is there a way where I can manage to bring people to a Canyon Owners FB Page?

Here's an attempt of a Club but somehow there are no people on FB with Canyon bikes and their problems..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412991842355159/

Maybe we can work something out! Cheers!

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 4:56 Quote
throw183 wrote:

Is there a way where I can manage to bring people to a Canyon Owners FB Page?

Here's an attempt of a Club but somehow there are no people on FB with Canyon bikes and their problems..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412991842355159/

Maybe we can work something out! Cheers!

Yeah, it would be good to have something on Facebook too. I just joined.

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 5:48 Quote
Just joined up too.. Sure see how it goes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013821
Mobile Version of Website