The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Feb 7, 2017 at 17:09 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
you need some of these

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://dealers.animalbikes.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/u/nubnutsmalefemale_1.jpg

These would have less leverage on the hub vs a full peg with a bolt. Theoretically the hub should last longer

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 2:37 Quote
LondonCowan wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
you need some of these

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://dealers.animalbikes.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/u/nubnutsmalefemale_1.jpg

These would have less leverage on the hub vs a full peg with a bolt. Theoretically the hub should last longer
Have you ever ridden pegs my son...

when you're properly locked into a grind your main point of support is as close to the dropout as possible, what f*cks up the bolt is the cutting force, not produced by the leverage but by the impact

pegless grinds rest on the dropout

that's so you don't f*ck up the nuts/bolts on your hub

pegless grinds+ hubguards hub will likely be fine

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 8:52 Quote
Wait a minute... So peg less grind your using the bb/ chainstay to grind?

Or do you use the pedal lol?

Ya I know I'm so not street...

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
None of the above. You lock it onto the dropout, or less typically, the axle.

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 9:09 Quote
sherbet wrote:
None of the above. You lock it onto the dropout, or less typically, the axle.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 16:59 Quote
Someone here is selling a 2010 Shonky for very cheap (around 250). Is it worth the price? Just getting back into street and park riding with the occasional jump session. Not trying to spend a ton of money.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 18:17 Quote
nthn32 wrote:
Someone here is selling a 2010 Shonky for very cheap (around 250). Is it worth the price? Just getting back into street and park riding with the occasional jump session. Not trying to spend a ton of money.

For a complete bike it's hard to go wrong for 250$. Take it for a ride see if you like it.

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 3:37 Quote
So guys, Rockshox has been letting me down for the last time. What other 100mm DJ forks do you guys have to recommend? Tapered is prefered but not necessary

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 5:22 Quote
Older 36 fox float fit

I'm unsure if you can lower the new ones past 130mm

Manitou?

What else is there really?

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 7:50 Quote
Marzocchi Slope CR. I love mine.

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 13:21 Quote
Okay cheers guys. Hey btw, have a look at this and let me know what you think, im working on a little something. Its special for you guys only haha, idk if I like the edit enough to take away the password.

Password is: niklas123

Views: 312    Faves: 0    Comments: 1

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 at 6:38 Quote
looking for a fat seat for my bike.
Are Chromag Overtures really worth the price or should I go with a standard BMX seat? I don't mind the look, just want a seat that is good to pinch when doing bars and suicides

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2017 at 23:34 Quote
niklas96p wrote:
Okay cheers guys. Hey btw, have a look at this and let me know what you think, im working on a little something. Its special for you guys only haha, idk if I like the edit enough to take away the password.

It's good. Do you ride with Emil?

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 6:33 Quote
crazyquin wrote:
niklas96p wrote:

Emil Johansson? Yeah he's my friend haha!

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 7:47 Quote
niklas96p wrote:
crazyquin wrote:
niklas96p wrote:

Emil Johansson? Yeah he's my friend haha!
Pretty crazy he got signed to c3 eh!?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.050361
Mobile Version of Website