Canyon Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Owners Club
Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 6:05 Quote
throw183 wrote:
Hey guys!!

I'm glad i finally found a Canyon owners club.
I do have some f****inch dilemmas and I hope someone can help me out.

I own a Torque DHX.
First. I am not sure which rear travel do I actually want. 195mm or 210mm ? Which one do you use??
Also, has anywone switched the trackflip to HIGH on their DHX?? How do you feel on it? Thanks in advance guys..

Secondly, I am very jealous over Commencal Owners Facebook page Club. Those guys talk everything down there, posting pics and all.

Is there a way where I can manage to bring people to a Canyon Owners FB Page?

Here's an attempt of a Club but somehow there are no people on FB with Canyon bikes and their problems..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1412991842355159/

Maybe we can work something out! Cheers!
I'm on an Italian Canyon owners group and it's sitting at 1350 members with plenty of posts and discussion.
Just joined the new one

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 6:38 Quote
Just received this bad boy yesterday! Am loving it! Looks so clean!

photo

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 7:50 Quote
Hi David,

We need an international group where everyone speaks english. Is there a way to recruit guys from there to this international one?

Thank you !

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 8:02 Quote
Nickwalker99 wrote:
Indeed, it does!
Now go make it dirty Big Grin

throw, I'll try and spam it Smile

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 11:22 Quote
Nickwalker99 wrote:

photo

Stunning mate. I just got mine a few weeks ago in the team colours. Love it!!

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 13:06 Quote
GRENFELL wrote:
Nickwalker99 wrote:

photo

guys , i`m havin a lapierre zesty am transformed in a top spec spicy Smile for all day use (a torque dhx rockzone when thigs go nasty), don't make me cancel my spectral order for a strive, please Smile

Posted: Jul 22, 2015 at 14:45 Quote
Qui3tman wrote:
Rgas wrote:
I wish canyon would bring there pricing inline with the euro, as it's currently 800 cheaper for a strive in euros than in pounds...

Got any friends who live abroad? Razz

Working on it lol

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 9:38 Quote
taifi wrote:
GRENFELL wrote:
Nickwalker99 wrote:

photo

guys , i`m havin a lapierre zesty am transformed in a top spec spicy Smile for all day use (a torque dhx rockzone when thigs go nasty), don't make me cancel my spectral order for a strive, please Smile

Get a Strive! Spectral is a boring Strive! Took mine out today and it rips!!

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 2:07 Quote
Quick question. Has anyone else kept their bike box? If i have a fault will i need it to send it back? Its pretty massive and I live in a flat with no garage...

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 2:44 Quote
Nickwalker99 wrote:
Quick question. Has anyone else kept their bike box? If i have a fault will i need it to send it back? Its pretty massive and I live in a flat with no garage...
well you can use whatever to send it back, I have room so I kept it since it would be a hassle to find/build a similar one

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 3:10 Quote
Thinking about getting a strive Al 6.0 nearly ordered a Capra but think the strive will be better for the rides I do and trail centres want to know how the shapeshifter is holding up any problems also what size for 5ft7 cheers

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 4:41 Quote
mog1404 wrote:
Thinking about getting a strive Al 6.0 nearly ordered a Capra but think the strive will be better for the rides I do and trail centres want to know how the shapeshifter is holding up any problems also what size for 5ft7 cheers

Small in a race strive
Medium in a regular strive IMO

Shapeshifter piston internals have been upgraded recently so any new bikes from the factory should have no issues.
I'm delighted I didn't get a Capra, seems like overkill for the trails I ride in Ireland.

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 8:10 Quote
mog1404 wrote:

I'm 5'10" and have got a large race and absolutely love the size so I'd guess you'd want a medium, I've got quite a lot of seatpost out of the frame too. It is long compared to my friends large specialized enduro but I feel cramped sitting on that after mine.

Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 0:17 Quote
Hey Canyon owners!

Looking at getting a Strive CF 8.0 race and have a few questions I could do with answering if possible?

Firstly, whats the customer support like? Ive narrowed my choice down to this or a Capra, as im sure many of you did, but I have been put off by the YT customer support in the UK. I also prefer the look of the Canyon...

I'm not one to not buy something 'just in case' it goes wrong, but whats the reliability of the shapeshifter been like? I know the early models had a few issues, but were these dealt with well and are the latest revisions any better?

Sizing, I was looking for a forward geometry bike when I decided to change my zesty, so ive decided I am most likely a medium race. I am 175cm with a 82cm inside leg. Could anyone confirm?

The missus is after a AL 6.0 in small but it says its sold out. Does this normally mean sold out until the 16 models or just until they know when more are coming in?

Finally, when do the 2016 models come out? I imagine its probably around october time so it would probably be worth waiting until then?

EDIT: Also, (this is mainly for the UK guys) can I pay the price in euros? As obviously this is much cheaper than the stated price in pounds at the moment!

Thanks

Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 0:49 Quote
What's the customer support like? Well.. I have a problem with my Torque and they are talkers, I give them that, but they can't help you much over the internet. Technical support guys are not mechanics. I am about the send the bike back to Germany of an inspection so I guess I'll find out more then.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017053
Mobile Version of Website