Manchester riders

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Manchester riders
Posted: Jan 29, 2013 at 1:07 Quote
Elpedro1984 wrote:
mattdavies1986 wrote:
evo8jordan wrote:
any good trails around stockport mate?

Yea mate some half decent stuff through veron park to Bredbury there some jumps and berms you can link it in with reddish vale and werneth low. If you wanna come out for a ride let us know I'm out riding a fair bit. There is also clayton vale near the velodrome that's got 13k of trails being built there that's opening in may

Info on Clayton dried up in last few weeks, last time I heard they were aiming for march opening, this not the case anymore? Last pics they posted looked nice. Cannot wait to see what this place will be like to ride!!

It's looking sweet I work at Evans at the velodrome and if you go in the velodrome there is a board up with all the info on an maps of the grades routes on and a computer pic of how the skills area is going to look. I must opening soon because your going to be able to rent bikes from the velodrome and were supplying the bikes and they have been stocking up on stuff for the mtb courses there going to be running.

Posted: Jan 29, 2013 at 1:54 Quote
I don't drive either. I'm planning on to soon though, I've never been either but looks really good!

Posted: Jan 29, 2013 at 3:24 Quote
Specialized-Matt wrote:
I don't drive either. I'm planning on to soon though, I've never been either but looks really good!

It does mate. I'm gonna be going to johns in the week or so if your up for a trip there?

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 at 11:47 Quote
Any one going johns tomorrow??

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 at 9:36 Quote
HI sorry for not getting back to anyone. We're probably riding round the peaks/ladybower on saturday. If anyone does any DH then we're in morzine for late july/early august.

add me on facebook: (insert link later)

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 at 5:45 Quote
Soon......

Views: 387    Faves: 3    Comments: 1

Posted: Feb 6, 2013 at 6:18 Quote
usmbc-co-uk wrote:
Soon......

Eddie,

I forgot how good your trails are after not seeing them in so long. What an awsome vid, it got me so pumped for riding dirt!

Are you down there every weekend building? I need to get down and put some spade work in with you and Matt!

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 0:14 Quote
hi guys not been in touch for a while have a new bike now so ready to go on a ride with you guys let me know when yous are about have a mate too who likes riding downhill n stuff need to meet up again real soon peace

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 6:33 Quote
nsbichboy wrote:
usmbc-co-uk wrote:
Soon......

Eddie,

I forgot how good your trails are after not seeing them in so long. What an awsome vid, it got me so pumped for riding dirt!

Are you down there every weekend building? I need to get down and put some spade work in with you and Matt!

Heyup

TBH we got a bit slack this winter but are back on the game now, keep an eye on the FB group for updates. We could do with as many folk as poss to help get some new (better) stuff built for 2013, there are a lot of jumps to keep up with down there now and it seems to take all out time just keeping what we have sweet!

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 9:45 Quote
hey guys,

I'm reasonably new to Manchester and usually ride Enduro-ish stuff (Gisburn, Llandegla, Afan etc) and a bit of BMX. But went up to Farmer John's today to watch Rd1 of the North West series. I'm def keen to get up there and get involved.

Any one know when I can get some runs in? Are there other DH tracks locally? Basically looking to tag along with some people who know when / where to go Big Grin

Obviously I'm on the look out for a decent value second hand bike as well - not sure 130mm of travel can handle what I saw!

Cheers

Posted: Mar 31, 2013 at 15:22 Quote
bristolmanc wrote:
hey guys,

I'm reasonably new to Manchester and usually ride Enduro-ish stuff (Gisburn, Llandegla, Afan etc) and a bit of BMX. But went up to Farmer John's today to watch Rd1 of the North West series. I'm def keen to get up there and get involved.

Any one know when I can get some runs in? Are there other DH tracks locally? Basically looking to tag along with some people who know when / where to go Big Grin

Obviously I'm on the look out for a decent value second hand bike as well - not sure 130mm of travel can handle what I saw!

Cheers
Check out Cock hill MTB on Facebook, it's a down hill n Freeride track in Todmoreden soon to be opened. Other than FJ's and Cock Hill there isn't much DH wise locally.

Posted: Apr 1, 2013 at 6:57 Quote
Cheers, I'll look into that. Any one know whether the new Clayton Vale area will have anything DH-wise.

What's the sort of standard for those North West races at Farmer John's? Is there level of racing below that?

Cheers,

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 4:20 Quote
bristolmanc wrote:
Cheers, I'll look into that. Any one know whether the new Clayton Vale area will have anything DH-wise.

What's the sort of standard for those North West races at Farmer John's? Is there level of racing below that?

Cheers,

Hi, Clayton vale is just going to be a small XC look, green / blue bike park grade (really tame stuff) and a small pump track / skills area.

The races they run at Farmer John cater for all abilities. Many people do their first race here as you do not need a BC Licence or Points to enter. As far as real DOWNHILL (Fort William etc) goes Farmer John's is also quite tame.

I hope this helps.

Matt

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 at 4:37 Quote
Thanks Matt, much appreciated.

The course certainly looked ok, just I was watching when Josh Bryceland came hurtling down so was more concerned I'd be out of my depth vs. other competitors Eek

I'm up at Inners for the gravity enduro series for the next one, but will def think about entering the one on June 16th.

Just need a bike...

Thanks again

Posted: Apr 5, 2013 at 5:28 Quote
Hello everybody,
i live in Salford and i started to be interest about DH bike. I bought Pinnacle Ramin 1 last month but it is just mountain bike. I want to buy DH bike but i don´t know what bike is good for start. I´m thinking about used DH bike. I want to pay for it 600-1000 and if i will like it i will buy better bike. At the moment i try lern how to jump etc. on my Pinnacle. Somebody can help me what to buy? Tomorrow i will go to Philip park, if somebody want to go too, let me know.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016870
Mobile Version of Website