Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 21:32 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Aw f*ck, that's awful man... I remember you mentioning your buddy's kid dealing with some shit but I guess I lost track and didn't realize it was that serious. That's a shit break, hope he's OK... and good on you for the solidarity shave

Kids are tough as fk. We’re all bitches compared to these kids.

Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 22:05 Quote
Well then, good thoughts to your little buddy army

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 6:10 Quote
criscokid25 wrote:
3 weeks and 70 kids later my summer youth mountain bike program is done. What a whirl wind. Beat the heat and smoke most days so that is a huge win. Holidays are officially on.

awesome man..! congrats. And props to you for making time with those kids....

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 6:16 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
ToddM1 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
Caddy might be sold and I shaved my head. f*ck cancer

I'm new here, so I hope this isn't an intrusion. Do you have cancer? I had it in 2014.

My best friends kid has brain cancer.

F**k that breaks my heart.

I remember you saying your friend has some shit going down with his kid. Nice gesture showing that kid you're on the bus with him. Thoughts and prayers to that kid and your friend's family my man. Chance he/she can beat it ???

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 6:50 Quote
Chrisco, you is da f*ckin man!
My wee one is gona need a bike coach and you are definitely the man for the job. Can’t wait to see you again bro!

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 6:56 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Aw f*ck, that's awful man... I remember you mentioning your buddy's kid dealing with some shit but I guess I lost track and didn't realize it was that serious. That's a shit break, hope he's OK... and good on you for the solidarity shave

Kids are tough as fk. We’re all bitches compared to these kids.
Man I can barely type this with out tears filling my eyes, but I’m sure there is more toughness and fight in your buddys kid than I will ever have. Having a young daughter I can’t imagine what they are going through. Hugs and prayers your guys way….. the tears are rollin.

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
adm750 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
ToddM1 wrote:

I'm new here, so I hope this isn't an intrusion. Do you have cancer? I had it in 2014.

My best friends kid has brain cancer.

F**k that breaks my heart.

I remember you saying your friend has some shit going down with his kid. Nice gesture showing that kid you're on the bus with him. Thoughts and prayers to that kid and your friend's family my man. Chance he/she can beat it ???

Very good chance.

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 10:49 Quote
Good on ya for the head mowing.

Cancer is really getting around these days. Magnus Manson has made the front page.

Our environment is getting pretty toxic.

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
The cancer stat when I had it in 2014, was 1-in-2 men, and slightly better than that for women. I didn't even know we had a cancer "center" here in town until I showed up for my first consult. Giant parking lot, packed full, like it was a shopping mall. Nope......just everyone in town has cancer!

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 5:58 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
adm750 wrote:
Chance he/she can beat it ???

Very good chance.

excellent news....!

ToddM1 wrote:
The cancer stat when I had it in 2014, was 1-in-2 men, and slightly better than that for women. I didn't even know we had a cancer "center" here in town until I showed up for my first consult. Giant parking lot, packed full, like it was a shopping mall. Nope......just everyone in town has cancer!

shit man, Like here in Cleveland. Almost all of my customers back in the car biz were touched by cancer. I mean shit...it's Cleveland and Akron areas.... think petroleum, steel and tires.....think of the startup, development, and growth of those industries.

tell me that shit didn't come at a price.

https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/environment/cuyahoga-river-fire-2020-1969/

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 6:44 Quote
We literally have nothing here. No factories or other types of pollution generation. Population of about 40k, a few miles in from the Pacific Ocean, so a constant off shore air movement is keeping the air quality excellent at all times, and yet our cancer center looks like the parking lot at a Walmart. What we do have though, is a nuclear power plant, right on the coast, directly upwind from us. Literally 5-8mi as the crow flies. Think there might be something going on that they don't want to tell us about?

When I got the initial call, I actually said, "You've dialed the wrong number. I've lived my whole life to never have cancer in how I eat, exercise, don't drink..." blah, blah, blah The gal said, "No, I have the right number, and you have cancer spread though out your body. It's so bad that I'm making you and appointment with an oncologist this morning."

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 6:58 Quote
that's one f**ked up phone call Todd.... Eek

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 7:25 Quote
So lame...f*ck cancer...

so a week into the hydraulicolablah blah blah acid pills and I am experiencing some relief from knee pain in my “good” (if you can call it good knee.

Ever since destroying my right knee the left has taken up quite a lot of favoring and started really screaming at me especially on stairs. That does seem to have subsided a noticeable amount. The right still pains me but I shredded the meniscus in the accident so I’m not exactly expecting a miracle there.

One thing I had to deal with last week was removing a cottonwood tree in my folks driveway which required digging out a shit ton of 1 and 2 man rocks the roots were in love with. That sent my back into a rage. But it substantially reduced (or may have) the recovery time to three days which was ok. I anticipated much more f*ckery from that stump of death.

I think I will continue with it and see where it takes me. I added turmeric to the mix in order to reduce inflammation as well. No cbd tho cause expensive and i think there are a bunch of bullshit ones out there. Have tried cbd many times with zero noticeable results so reluctant to spend money on crap I cant rely on in that arena.

Once the 10 extra family members are gone next week i can focus more on the food list but holy shit there’s a lot of garbage food in the house with 12 people and 5 kids at the moment.

I indulged in a birthday brownie celebration two nights ago and paid dearly. Up at 3 a m with the worst heartburn I have had in years. Chomped 7 tums and had to go back to sleep in a chair because if I laid down acid reflux sizzling up my throat like a volcanic eruption.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 7:31 Quote
adm750 wrote:
that's one f**ked up phone call Todd.... Eek

Ya, one minute I was living my life and thinking I was bulletproof and would live forever (I was 51 and volunteering my time in the afternoons as an assistant coach for the long distance runners on my daughter's track team...so I was out running with them 5 days a week) and the next minute, literally I was a ghost in a world of living people, and probably wouldn't see the end of the year, let alone milestones like my daughter graduating high school, and college, getting married, etc.

I'm extremely lucky. I walked out of the chemo lab for the last time, on my birthday, 90 days after receiving that first call. I'm in better shape, and better health, even than I was then. That was 7yrs ago. I celebrate that final day of chemo each year, with an R2R run at the Grand Canyon. I'm in my final hard week of training this week, and then start to taper, for this year's R2R on Aug13, my actual bday. Having an absolute blast on the Flatline!

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 7:41 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
So lame...f*ck cancer...

so a week into the hydraulicolablah blah blah acid pills and I am experiencing some relief from knee pain in my “good” (if you can call it good knee.

Ever since destroying my right knee the left has taken up quite a lot of favoring and started really screaming at me especially on stairs. That does seem to have subsided a noticeable amount. The right still pains me but I shredded the meniscus in the accident so I’m not exactly expecting a miracle there.

One thing I had to deal with last week was removing a cottonwood tree in my folks driveway which required digging out a shit ton of 1 and 2 man rocks the roots were in love with. That sent my back into a rage. But it substantially reduced (or may have) the recovery time to three days which was ok. I anticipated much more f*ckery from that stump of death.

I think I will continue with it and see where it takes me. I added turmeric to the mix in order to reduce inflammation as well. No cbd tho cause expensive and i think there are a bunch of bullshit ones out there. Have tried cbd many times with zero noticeable results so reluctant to spend money on crap I cant rely on in that arena.

Once the 10 extra family members are gone next week i can focus more on the food list but holy shit there’s a lot of garbage food in the house with 12 people and 5 kids at the moment.

I indulged in a birthday brownie celebration two nights ago and paid dearly. Up at 3 a m with the worst heartburn I have had in years. Chomped 7 tums and had to go back to sleep in a chair because if I laid down acid reflux sizzling up my throat like a volcanic eruption.

That's really great that you've having a positive response from the HA. That's been my experience so far, with anyone I've suggested it too. You may be able to get a lot of relief and maybe even repair in your knees with what certain orthos are doing now via injections only. The top ones are doing HA injections. If that doesn't make a difference, they will do PRP injections (platelet rich plasma from your own blood), and if that doesn't significantly help (and it appears to) they are doing a stem cell type of injection, again, from your own blood. You can watch videos on youtube by Regnex, who appear to be a leader in it, and that will cause the algorithm to spool up vids by other orthos. Really interesting stuff. I can't stop training right now because I'm 3 weeks from my run at the Grand Canyon, but after that, I'm going to pick an orthor, maybe up in the SF Bay area (Dr. Stone, also on YT) or maybe go right to Regenex, and do either PRP or the stem cell thing.

Laughing at your brownie experience. Same deal with me. I'll decide to go off the rails for a moment, AND I know I'm going to pay for it in the next 48hrs. Puffy hands and face, stiff joints everywhere, heart burn. So I don't do it often.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.079723
Mobile Version of Website