Powered by Outside

Manchester riders

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Manchester riders
Posted: Jul 31, 2013 at 3:30 Quote
Hi guy/girls.

Just getting back into Mtbing having been out of the scene for about 15yrs.
32 now so hopefully not to old chuck myself down a few hills Smile
Don't know anyone who rides or anywhere to go. If anyone fancys meeting up for a ride giver a shout.
Looking for more DH orientated stuff but short XC/AM is fine (I'm not very fit!)

Based over in Romiley/Marple about 5 mins from farmer johns (although I have no idea where it is)

Andy

Posted: Aug 2, 2013 at 12:33 Quote
Hi all, also getting back into the biking scene after moving from wigan way, living in hyde but willing too travel on train (dont drive), just got an old kona stuff which im doing up a bit and looking for biking friends, feel free too message me, thanks

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 at 9:51 Quote
well ive sorted my bike now and will probably be up at farmer johns this weekend, who else will be there??? fingers crossed i dont kill myself lol

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 at 11:46 Quote
laticsfan1985 wrote:
well ive sorted my bike now and will probably be up at farmer johns this weekend, who else will be there??? fingers crossed i dont kill myself lol
me if i can get there lol should be sat

Posted: Aug 7, 2013 at 15:49 Quote
ride your bike, its a good means of transport Joker

Posted: Aug 14, 2013 at 1:18 Quote
I maybe there this weekend

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 5:08 Quote
Hey guys, got into Manchester Uni and was wondering if it was worth bringing my full dh bike or better bring a/m bike? Anyone here from Uni that goes riding?

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 5:17 Quote
november29 wrote:
Hey guys, got into Manchester Uni and was wondering if it was worth bringing my full dh bike or better bring a/m bike? Anyone here from Uni that goes riding?
Nice one, I bet you are well chuffed.
What bikes do you have? I'd say the area doesn't warrant a full on DH bike, what do the rest of you think?

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 5:23 Quote
nsbichboy wrote:
Nice one, I bet you are well chuffed.
What bikes do you have? I'd say the area doesn't warrant a full on DH bike, what do the rest of you think?

Wouldn't go as far as chuffed lol. Well i mostly use my Banshee Wildcard, however my dad told me that I could potentially take his v10 if the trails up in England are any better.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 6:03 Quote
the dh riding around the manchester isnt the best tbh.

off the top my head the only place of any significance i can think of is farmer johns in marple, although if you are willing to travel a bit there is cockhill in todmorden, which is about to open. also north wales and macc forest aren't too far.

p.m me if you want any info on these

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 11:22 Quote
Some of the lads I ride with at cock hill ride it on a hardtail. In my opinion a full on DH bike would be overkill for FJ's and Cock Hill but I suppose that's down to rider preferences / skill level.

Posted: Aug 26, 2013 at 12:52 Quote
fj's doesnt warrent a dh bike, although its probably advisable for their races. however i think cock hill will now favor a dh bike after their rebuild.

Posted: Aug 27, 2013 at 5:19 Quote
If any of you are into BMX / 4x tracks the official opening of the refurbished track at Mandale park in Rochdale will be on Saturday 28th September from 1pm - 3pm.

I hope to see all you BMX and hardtails riders down for the event.

Cheers,

Matt

Posted: Aug 28, 2013 at 2:54 Quote
@JackDarby4 @nsbichboy cheers for your input, hope to see you sometime out on the trails

Posted: Aug 28, 2013 at 5:09 Quote
Deffinately man, give us a shout on here if ever you are looking for somewhere to ride in the area.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012201
Mobile Version of Website