Powered by Outside

Goat Path Local 420 Union Affairs Thread v2.0

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Goat Path Local 420 Union Affairs Thread v2.0
Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
I ride daily man. Every Wednesday night is the casual race series at hardwood too. Heck of a lot of fun. Will be racing that on a glorified road bike this year.

Putting this fork and some 650b tires on. Should be a hoot.

photo

photo

Still love me some bikes. I do also have a hightower in large if anyone is in the area and wants to borrow a bike. Big Grin

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 2:54 Quote
I am pretty sure I got the box for that fork. Smile

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
Oi! I needed that today!

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
recklessness wrote:
No ac sucks in pickups! I roast in the summer.

Sorry about your knee, but glad you are almost good to start building it up again. Dirtbikes will f*ck you up at any speed. Knee braces are always a good idea. I wear then preventatively. TLD Catalyst X are what I use and they are cheaper than Adam's Mobius braces. I would advise velcro over boa closures on whatever you get. Boas come lose as the day goes on.

Nothing too interesting over here. Rode enduro most of the winter and worked at my local ski hill as park staff this winter. Looking forward to getting back racing again in late April. Bike is inside for teardown currently.

Thanks for that, I haven't even looked at knee braces yet. I will before I ride again though.

That's awesome your dad built place at Goatpath, is he going to be living there? It's an awesome spot in a great location, I'd love to live out that way.

I still ride pedal bikes, it's my main source of fun. Haven't ridden my DJ bike since July last year. Dh in August. I'm gonna be rusty and out of shape.
All of my buddies who ride bikes have stopped except 2 of them. Ive hoarded some dirtjump parts since they are dying out

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
recklessness wrote:
No ac sucks in pickups! I roast in the summer.

Sorry about your knee, but glad you are almost good to start building it up again. Dirtbikes will f*ck you up at any speed. Knee braces are always a good idea. I wear then preventatively. TLD Catalyst X are what I use and they are cheaper than Adam's Mobius braces. I would advise velcro over boa closures on whatever you get. Boas come lose as the day goes on.

Nothing too interesting over here. Rode enduro most of the winter and worked at my local ski hill as park staff this winter. Looking forward to getting back racing again in late April. Bike is inside for teardown currently.

Thanks for that, I haven't even looked at knee braces yet. I will before I ride again though.

That's awesome your dad built place at Goatpath, is he going to be living there? It's an awesome spot in a great location, I'd love to live out that way.

I still ride pedal bikes, it's my main source of fun. Haven't ridden my DJ bike since July last year. Dh in August. I'm gonna be rusty and out of shape.
All of my buddies who ride bikes have stopped except 2 of them. Ive hoarded some dirtjump parts since they are dying out
As soon as the house is done he is selling his Toronto home and moving up here with my mom. I am stoked to have them nearby, more stoked they built a house at goat path, and super stoked that goat path will never get sold now.

Yeah, I dunno if anybody still rides dirt, but my trails will be good to go this year.

Do you still have that wicked backyard ramp setup?

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 10:31 Quote
I'm down to ride. Have a spare BMX as well. Going to ride out to your place for sure this year with a bike in tow.

Ps, y'all should seriously consider gravel/road bikes. Hella good for you and we live in a paradise for that sort of shit.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
Turr, you're awesome. Ceff built up a DJ bike for this season too! It'll be just like old times. Smile

I have a gravel/road bike, just it has a 150cc motor in it.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
Don't get me wrong, I need to get myself onto a dirtbike, but there's something to be said for the drop bar stuff.

Lets party dudes!

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 3:19 Quote
As long as it has two wheels (and isn't a scooter), it's all good.

Snowboarding all winter has made me miss skateboarding, so I got a cheap deck and built my skateboard back up. Gonna dabble a bit with skateboarding this year too. I have 3+ wicked skate parks near me.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 18:37 Quote
I'm pretty much only keeping the NS for nostalgia and GP. I ride my 2019 Stumpy a fair bit tho

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
hendu wrote:
I'm pretty much only keeping the NS for nostalgia and GP.
This sentence makes me happy.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
Same deal here. Capital just hangs around on a rack in my room these days. Days of our lives boys!

Tre, wanna plan out a spring dig out day? Would love to swing by sans BMX and just get some digging and drinking in if you're down. Weather seems to be getting fresher for it daily!

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 12:10 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Same deal here. Capital just hangs around on a rack in my room these days. Days of our lives boys!

Tre, wanna plan out a spring dig out day? Would love to swing by sans BMX and just get some digging and drinking in if you're down. Weather seems to be getting fresher for it daily!
Sounds good. I was just there today and it is still a few weeks out, but I am going to start cutting new moto trail asap while I have a bit of time. You are welcome to join me. Been cutting some gnarly trails there. Steeper hills, more danger!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011490
Mobile Version of Website