Powered by Outside

The 650B GT Sanction Thread

PB Forum :: GT
The 650B GT Sanction Thread
Posted: Jul 6, 2023 at 2:10 Quote
vlad22 wrote:
caza56 wrote:
Hi all,

I have had the battle with the dog bone bushes over the years, as we all have.... I tried different types of designs with bearings, etc. What I settled on is an IGUS style plastic bush instead of the metal teflon lined bushes. And changed the metal plain carbon steel pins to stainless steel.

What happens is the plain carbon steel pins corrode.... once they corrode they bind on the bolt and when the dog link rotates anti clockwise, it unwinds the bolt! I have tried Loctiting the bolt in place, and that is still not enough. The stainless steel pins do not corrode. The clearance is only .001" between from the bolt to the steel pins, so any corrosion will cause binding.

If anyone is interested, I have the sizes of the metal pins that I had have had made out of stainless steel. Incase you want to get a set made up. I use to have constant issues with the dog link, and I live in a wet place, lots of muck, no issues since ......

Hi there, do you mind telling me the size I need for the plastic bushings? For the first time my floating BB assembly has started to have quite a bit of play and I'm willing to bet that a new set of bushings will fix it!

I have them for sale in buy/sell section

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005623
Mobile Version of Website