hardtailrider2013 wrote:
My new bike
dude that is almost the exact same as mine haha
yeah I saw that, that's why I posted the picture ;P
hahaha nice! is yours a medium?

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 at 16:46 Quote
TimField42 wrote:
TNFking wrote:
I'm guessing all trances have top steerer diameter of 1 1/8 .
nope mine has the overdrive 2 and that makes the steerer tube 1 1/4...... and makes it impossible to find a stem that is a short one with a 1 1/4 steerer tube, if anyone has a short stem with a steerer tube size of 1 1/4 let me know!

yeah, same here.. I guess I will stick with the 70mm stem

Posted: Nov 27, 2013 at 18:55 Quote
Hahaha. That sucks you guys. Well, I'm glad mine is a normal bike.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 12:14 Quote
So. Trance question here people. Not important, but wondering what the leverage ratio is for the '09 line-up? Or in other words, what compression tune do I need?

Posted: Dec 13, 2013 at 15:35 Quote
photo

Just having some winter fun on my Trance Smile

Posted: Dec 13, 2013 at 18:24 Quote
Lucky, dude!!! Mines in the shop right now. Going to get it soon.

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 at 18:13 Quote
Hey guys, I'm looking for a trail bike. Would you recommend the trance for me? I'd do mostly XC, trail, and all mountain stuff with it along with road riding and probably some light freeride stuff. I want a bike that can do it all but is mostly a trail bike. I also want to do some all day big mountain rides were I could ride up and down the mountain. My LBS recommended it, just looking for other opinions. I'm more of a gravity oriented rider but my Glory gets a little heavy chugging along the flat single track. And are the 650b wheels really as good as all the hype about them says they are? I'd like to try them out

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 at 19:54 Quote
I can't vie for the 650b wheels, as my Trance is an older, 26" bike. But I do think they can handle a lot. I have done jumps and what not in my bike, nothing big, but still, and it is good. I use it for primarily trail, and like it. With the new ones getting more rear wheel travel, and bigger wheels, I think they can handle even more. A Giant Reign might suit you also.

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 at 20:17 Quote
TNFking wrote:
I can't vie for the 650b wheels, as my Trance is an older, 26" bike. But I do think they can handle a lot. I have done jumps and what not in my bike, nothing big, but still, and it is good. I use it for primarily trail, and like it. With the new ones getting more rear wheel travel, and bigger wheels, I think they can handle even more. A Giant Reign might suit you also.

Thanks for the feedback! I wouldn't be doing any slopestyle course runs with it but I do like to get a little air once in a while on the trails. Although the Reign looks like a hell of a fun bike I think it would be overkill for my local trails. How does the Trance climb? And on the new Trance 3, I know the fork can be locked but do you know if the shock can be as well? That'd definitely help on road rides and flat paths.

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 at 23:04 Quote
the trance 29er is cool, sort of feels like a dh bike. the 2014 models have 5.5 inches of travel compare to 2013 5 inches almost got one instead of a glory. basically every giant mountain bike is 650b besides the glory and reign x, the 2014 trance took the place of the reign (besides reign x of course) and it became more travel. i have seen used reigns and trances for fairly cheap

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 at 4:49 Quote
I would say mine climbs prety good, but I hear the newer ones don't climb as good, but still do ok.

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 at 7:50 Quote
TNFking wrote:
I would say mine climbs prety good, but I hear the newer ones don't climb as good, but still do ok.

I don't know how the older 26" Trance climbs, but my previous bike was 2011 Reign which my new Trance feels very similar when climbing. I'm super stoked I went for my Trance, I handles anything I throw at it and even took it to my local bike park to ride with my buddies on there DH bikes. Sure it's not made for it, but these bikes looking more like "Enduro" rigs, they can handle wide range of terrain.

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 at 13:30 Quote
I do love mine. When mine goes caput, I'll save up and buy another trance. The most expensive one.

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 at 15:39 Quote
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'm sold. Time to start saving!

Posted: Jan 4, 2014 at 16:10 Quote
The only problem I will say I had with mine it with components,since mine is an X4, but that doesn't really seem tot be an issue with the new ones. I had a too long stem, and there are a lot of spacers on The bike., and the suspension was a crappy Marzo coil fork, etc., so i did have to spend quite a bit on new components, etc. but like I said, doesn't really seem to an issue with the new bikes. I would go for it. I love mine, have used it in everything from 50km races with 6000ft of climbing to trails almost considered AM. I would say the newer ones can be used for all mine is, minus the races I did with it, plus more AM type stuff, from what I hear from reviews and people.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.051951
Mobile Version of Website