Powered by Outside

keeping kids off trails?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
keeping kids off trails?
Mod
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 17:30 Quote
skinnymaster wrote:
i love making a 26 rapier

that is the worst idea ever. Don't take his advice kids. I was riding down one of my trails today, and the trail angle suddenly changes so you can't see what is ahead, my front wheel fell into a waist deep one of those - I went flying like 5 feet. I hurt now, alot.

Don't make them unless your willing for somebody to dig them unexpectedly into a blindspot of your trail so that you'll hit them.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 17:52 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
skinnymaster wrote:

that is the worst idea ever. Don't take his advice kids. I was riding down one of my trails today, and the trail angle suddenly changes so you can't see what is ahead, my front wheel fell into a waist deep one of those - I went flying like 5 feet. I hurt now, alot.

Don't make them unless your willing for somebody to dig them unexpectedly into a blindspot of your trail so that you'll hit them.

nonono! hes talkin about making it in the middle between the lip and the trany, so those kids who roll over the jump get a little suprise.lol

Mod
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 17:53 Quote
bighucker1 wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:
skinnymaster wrote:

nonono! hes talkin about making it in the middle between the lip and the trany, so those kids who roll over the jump get a little suprise.lol

if your going to do that - make it a double than.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 18:00 Quote
ya but we thought of this for a single dj that has been rebuilt 20+ times because kids have destroyed it.
we even put the scare of god into their little *ag bodies (pardon my french) by making the trany filled with rocks so when they hit the raper it shoots them onto the rocks head first...... and it makes the jump harder to destroy.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 18:09 Quote
well who cares what age they are if they can rip let em hit your jumps. Like if you dont want em on em put a sign up to scare them.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 18:22 Quote
electric fence? Beer i guess im lucky, i dont have any problems with my spot with kids or the town, Ya Avon!!!Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 22:18 Quote
you have to make your own hidden trail in a wooded area. It takes alot of work but if you get some fellow riders that just want to ride its not to bad. plus you can make anything you want

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 22:23 Quote
bighucker1 wrote:
ya but we thought of this for a single dj that has been rebuilt 20+ times because kids have destroyed it.
we even put the scare of god into their little *ag bodies (pardon my french) by making the trany filled with rocks so when they hit the raper it shoots them onto the rocks head first...... and it makes the jump harder to destroy.

You're a jerk. How bout' putting that effort into paving the faces of the jump and landing with the rocks so it lasts for years. You are going to get sued. I'm taking a sports law class right now. The only sure-fire way to create liability for yourself is to intentionally create a hazardous situation. If the trails are illegal you don't own them. Hide them better, come up with some decent ideas, get permission to build, or give up. If I ever ran into you I'd give you a serious earful. I'd make you cry.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027259
Mobile Version of Website