Powered by Outside

I want to hear the bad about Iron Horse Sundays.

PB Forum :: Downhill
I want to hear the bad about Iron Horse Sundays.
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 22:42 Quote
bubba120491 wrote:
theaggressor wrote:
bubba120491 wrote:

i know that sucks

It means that demand for the Sunday will go up while the supply slowly drops, which means you will be able to sell your Sunday for more $$$.

but see i want a medium and thats what everony has and wants now so its jsut gonna be harder for me to get one

Just be patient. I think the larges are harder to find, because less people are selling them. I spent almost six months trying to find a large that was also local. You'll find the medium you're looking for.

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 22:44 Quote
[Quote="bullitxl"]
kingfisher1 wrote:
xtremefreerida wrote:
I think probably the worst thing about Sundays is that every rich grom or expert racer has one. I go to races and 70% of the guys there are on sundays. I you want to be original, i would never get a sunday.

If you want to be original weld your own bike and cnc your own components. We're all victims of mass consumerism.
oh and make a car JK

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 2:53 Quote
dr-phil wrote:
The only thing wrong with the Sunday is that the Glory is cooler.

hahaha and where in the hell do u get that from?? the glory weighs a ton, the warrenty on them is void if u race them, and they are absolute tanks to ride on meaning if ur small u probly wont suit that kinda bike!

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
I KNOW ill be hated, flamed, w/e... but ive ride a sunday and...mmmmmm... i really like my stinky

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
There's really no faults with the sunday. You'd have to ride one, but i'm sure you'll be very very happy with one. They are incredibly efficent bikes, and work really well for their intended use.

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
-tim wrote:
There's really no faults with the sunday. You'd have to ride one, but i'm sure you'll be very very happy with one. They are incredibly efficent bikes, and work really well for their intended use.
when they work lol

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
canberradh wrote:
dr-phil wrote:

hahaha and where in the hell do u get that from?? the glory weighs a ton, the warrenty on them is void if u race them, and they are absolute tanks to ride on meaning if ur small u probly wont suit that kinda bike!
Actually they dont wiegh a ton, they wiegh about 46-47lbs. True it does take some muscle to move them around. But they are really strong bikes, at speed they are sooo manuaverable(idc about my spelling...), and where did you see the warrenty is void if you race it?

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
Jose-David-DH wrote:
-tim wrote:
when they work lol

Are you joking? They are one of the most reliable bikes out. I'm yet to see a wrecked sunday frame. The pivot bolts last for a long time and they are very well made.

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
-tim wrote:
Jose-David-DH wrote:
-tim wrote:
when they work lol

Are you joking? They are one of the most reliable bikes out. I'm yet to see a wrecked sunday frame. The pivot bolts last for a long time and they are very well made.
not the sunday i have ride... but maybe it was just that frame

and read the warranty in IH web page the warranty void if racing (not to tim it was another post)

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 12:45 Quote
Most bikes void the warranty if raced. It's the case with most bike parts. However, thake out insurance on your bike for racing and your fine. Besides, most bike company's will still warranty your bike if you snap it or whatever. they dont want their reputation going down.

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 12:47 Quote
you can distort the ironhorse sunday team to ironhorse bumgay dream

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 2:05 Quote
Pitcrew wrote:
canberradh wrote:
dr-phil wrote:

Actually they dont wiegh a ton, they wiegh about 46-47lbs. True it does take some muscle to move them around. But they are really strong bikes, at speed they are sooo manuaverable(idc about my spelling...), and where did you see the warrenty is void if you race it?

hahah 47 pounds!! thats 21 kgs dude, umm think thats heavy anyone??, and for the warrenty,u should read ur owners manual! warrenty section near the back i believe.i work in a shop, i know it over and over mate.

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
I live in Toronto so i had to order my Sunday frame from a bike shop in NY. It wasn't to much of a hassle but it was a lot harder then getting it from a local bike shop. I love the bike but here is my list of problems with it:

- adjusting the shock is a pain in the ass, very little space to work with. It would almost be better to take the shock off to make adjustments.
- The 300lbs spring it comes with on the shock is too soft. I'm only 145lbs and I had to get a 350 pound coil. The suspension is stiff quite soft. 30-40% sag probably.
- I had problems with the pivot that attaches the bottom of the shock to the frame. Pieces of the pivot actually came out when i was riding, they didn't fall completely out or anything, i didn't loose any pieces, but i have to watch to make sure its tight every couple runs.
- My rear wheel has flexed and rubbed against a piece of the linkage, I'm running a good wheel with tight spokes so its not the wheel's fault

obviously the low BB forces you to be cautious while pedalling but it also makes you rip corners so i can't complain about that.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
do more dw link for 09

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.045201
Mobile Version of Website