Powered by Outside

Post Your Pumptrack! + Discussion

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Post Your Pumptrack! + Discussion
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 at 13:31 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Pump track on steroids basically, so instead of all rollers going in a loop, a nice long loop of jumps rollers, and weird ass features that you flow round in a loop, with shit going all over the place, but everything kept small
yeah i get what your throwing down there. thats the glory of pumptracks aye, open your creative eye and you can build anything. thats basically why i love mountain biking. theres no rules on what to build its all about being creative.

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 at 13:39 Quote
Just the straight figure of eight or more intricate tracks that contain just rollers or even 90% rollers im not a fan of, with jumps you can mix it up more, esher was better as it had so many transfer options, but still limited as is inherent with pumptracks

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 at 13:40 Quote
here is my back yard pumptrack!

space was an issue, but I've made it work with what i do have... which is good dirt!

Views: 847    Faves: 1    Comments: 4

Shredding bikes in my back yard pumptrack

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 at 13:54 Quote
nice use of space bro. thats all you need when it comes to a backyard track, little bit of space and good creativity.

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 5:16 Quote
photo

Almost finished extension.

Here's the one I spend time digging, original was built by me and a group of volunteers a couple of years ago and the extension by me and one other over Christmas. Old part's going to get a makeover come Spring as its looking a little bald in places and could do with some new lines.

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 5:17 Quote
That looks amazing! Where abouts is it?

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 8:18 Quote
Kernow? That looks rad.

Mod
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 8:22 Quote
HardingO wrote:

Cornwall Bmx's Blackwater Track

http://www.cornwallbmx.co.uk/

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 9:47 Quote
Matt428 wrote:
Here's the one I spend time digging, original was built by me and a group of volunteers a couple of years ago and the extension by me and one other over Christmas. Old part's going to get a makeover come Spring as its looking a little bald in places and could do with some new lines.

Wow, looks great Salute What type of gravel did you use to surface it?

Mod
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 10:03 Quote
lurchh wrote:
Matt428 wrote:

Blue alvin according to the comments on the pic.

http://www.jam-bs.co.uk/decorative.asp

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 10:37 Quote
almostwise wrote:
HardingO wrote:

Cornwall Bmx's Blackwater Track

http://www.cornwallbmx.co.uk/

Cheers! I'm going to have to make a trip down there soon!

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 12:25 Quote
almostwise wrote:
lurchh wrote:
Matt428 wrote:

Thanks, must find some for my pumptrack to stop it turning to sludge when it rains (here, it always rainsCry )

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 14:31 Quote
lurchh wrote:
almostwise wrote:
lurchh wrote:

Thanks, must find some for my pumptrack to stop it turning to sludge when it rains (here, it always rainsCry )

Yeah, this gets ridden througout the year in any weather so needs some kind of protection. The extension has a 20-30mm layer of tarmac plannings which the club got for free as a sub-base then 10mm of Blue Alvin (although any fine gravel would do the job I guess.) No idea if this will stand the test of time but the old track has just the fine stuff on and its worn through in a lot of places and needs some tlc before Summer! Hoping to concrete or block pave the 180 berm just out of shot though if I can source the materials for free/cheap.

Posted: Mar 18, 2012 at 11:54 Quote
Nearly done my pumptrack now, just needs a bit of tweaking and then gravel. The green things are raised beds for growing vegtables.
Side view of roll-in:
Roll-in for the pumptrack

Nearly done now...

Need to shift all that crap...
Nearly done now...

Roll-in:
Roll-in for the pumptrack

Nearly done now...

Nearly done now...

Nearly done now...

Nearly done now...

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 2:25 Quote
Nice veggie patch!Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.043557
Mobile Version of Website