Powered by Outside

SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Posted: Apr 30, 2016 at 3:29 Quote
Not sure about that , can understand using one on a Patrol , but 125mm, does anyone even make one ? Give it a shot though Smile

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2016 at 4:23 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
Not sure about that , can understand using one on a Patrol , but 125mm, does anyone even make one ? Give it a shot though Smile

Fast Suspension makes one, and maybe X Fusion but that's all I've seen. Fast is too expensive though.

Posted: Apr 30, 2016 at 6:31 Quote
mbc4386 wrote:
pigman65 wrote:

Fast Suspension makes one, and maybe X Fusion but that's all I've seen. Fast is too expensive though.
Spoke to mojo the other day to see if there was a 190/50 X2 coming out , new products in May apparently, so I'm hoping for that

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2016 at 6:38 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
mbc4386 wrote:
pigman65 wrote:

Spoke to mojo the other day to see if there was a 190/50 X2 coming out , new products in May apparently, so I'm hoping for that

Has anyone tried an inline? Their site says they make one that fits but I've never seen a scout with one.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2016 at 17:50 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
mbc4386 wrote:
pigman65 wrote:

An X2 or even an RC4 would be my go to but honestly, my Deb is about as plush a shock as I've ever had. It's really close to legitimately feeling like a coil.

Posted: May 1, 2016 at 2:32 Quote
mbc4386 wrote:
pigman65 wrote:
mbc4386 wrote:

An X2 or even an RC4 would be my go to but honestly, my Deb is about as plush a shock as I've ever had. It's really close to legitimately feeling like a coil.
My friend has an inline on his Scout and loves it. I keep telling him it's only a matter of time before it blows up on him.
Ive seen double barrel coil shocks 190/50 on pink bike buy and sell , I think people ran them on orange 5's.
I would like to try a fox shock on the scout,only to cure my OCD about forks and shocks matching .
But I agree that my Deb is a good shock on the scout.

Posted: May 1, 2016 at 3:17 Quote
I have a Fox float x with evol can fitted, no bottom out issues, bike is more playful, take bigger drops way better, well pleased with the shock

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 12:05 Quote
RMWB wrote:
pigman65 wrote:
mbc4386 wrote:

Has anyone tried an inline? Their site says they make one that fits but I've never seen a scout with one.

Yep, I have one and it makes the scout feels much more grounded, more able. Main reason I bought it as the monarch isn't that great in fast repeated rough stuff.

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 12:38 Quote
darrenspink wrote:
RMWB wrote:
pigman65 wrote:

Yep, I have one and it makes the scout feels much more grounded, more able. Main reason I bought it as the monarch isn't that great in fast repeated rough stuff.

Good to hear, I agree that the Monarch does not do well on the repeated bumps that is why I want to change to a float DPS EVOL.

What base tune are you running? Medium?

Posted: May 18, 2016 at 6:52 Quote
Heres my tune for inline, theres no CC base tune for the Scout so its taken some time to get it right for me. I add more to the HSC depending on what im going down.
photo

Posted: May 18, 2016 at 13:13 Quote
darrenspink wrote:
Heres my tune for inline, theres no CC base tune for the Scout so its taken some time to get it right for me. I add more to the HSC depending on what im going down.
photo
What weight are you ? I almost bought one the other week
I'm trying to dial my DHX RC4 in on my dh bike, too many adjustments Madder

Posted: May 19, 2016 at 4:04 Quote
pigman65 wrote:
darrenspink wrote:
photo
What weight are you ? I almost bought one the other week
I'm trying to dial my DHX RC4 in on my dh bike, too many adjustments Madder

12.5 Stone, 175lbs

Posted: Jul 6, 2016 at 10:58 Quote
So I'm 6'-2", and undecided between large or x-large.

A friend of mine is getting a large patrol, so I will be able to test the large frame, almost same reach and ETT as the Scout.

Anyone riding an XL?

J.

Posted: Jul 6, 2016 at 12:11 Quote
jozz wrote:
So I'm 6'-2", and undecided between large or x-large.

A friend of mine is getting a large patrol, so I will be able to test the large frame, almost same reach and ETT as the Scout.

Anyone riding an XL?

J.
6'1" on a L, i dont think i'd want an xl, 40mm stem

FL
Posted: Jul 6, 2016 at 15:53 Quote
6'3" on XL with 50mm stem. Feels good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016491
Mobile Version of Website