Powered by Outside

2018 RM Altitude

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2018 RM Altitude
O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 20:52 Quote
Just had my first component fail. The bolt that connects the shock to the frame snapped clean in half. My best guess is that this is a result of a cheep material. Does anyone have any idea if why this would have happened?
Thanks

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 22:26 Quote
Yikes. Did it cause any further damage to the frame or shock? Any chance it could have been fatigued by harsh bottom outs?

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 11:33 Quote
My best guess is that I bottomed out and It was just a harline crack then split later that weekend. The shock appears to be fine so that's good.

Posted: Oct 20, 2017 at 9:59 Quote
Just incase anyone else was wondering, I emailed Push about the elevensix and the altitude and they had this to say:

"Unfortunately, we do not offer a fitment at this time. I an not certain if we are going to attempt a fitment for that bike. I will save your email in a folder that I utilize to notify people if we are releasing a bike fitment."

So, it looks like there isn't enough interest to warrant making the fitment. If ya'll want to try an elevensix I'd suggest emailing them so they see there is interest!

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 31, 2017 at 23:56 Quote
Has anyone tried to do a air can service on the new DPS/ DPX2 shock with those bearings attached to the lower (stanchion side) eyelet? Can't pull the air can over the bearings and not sure how to get them out. Tips anyone? Thanks in advance

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 14:35 Quote
I ride mostly enduro style shit but sometimes big jumps (40ft) and gnarly bike park riding sometimes as well. I'm looking at the Altitude Alloy 50, anyone have a similar model who rides similar shit who can say anything definitive about it? The main worry is that it seems trash through gnarly shit with what reviews i've read, and i really don't want a bike that lets me down in that area. My mate has a 2017 Enduro Comp and i'm currently on a 2016 Kona Process 153, any ideas on how the Alloy 50 would run? Cheers lads.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 15:37 Quote
I rode my Carbon 50 in Whistler for two days on a bunch of black diamond tech and jump trails like Duffman, A line, Dirt Merchant, drop in clinic, No Joke etc. and I honestly had more fun on it than I did with a Specialized Demo in the Park, and it handled it all super well. I'm not sure if the Alloy would be much different or not. But mine definitely has what it takes.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 15:56 Quote
I second the capabilities of the altitude. I have the alloy 50 and it destroys gnarly lines those reviews are wrong unless they were talking about going down stuff like rampage.

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 17:03 Quote
declanmtb wrote:
I ride mostly enduro style shit but sometimes big jumps (40ft) and gnarly bike park riding sometimes as well. I'm looking at the Altitude Alloy 50, anyone have a similar model who rides similar shit who can say anything definitive about it? The main worry is that it seems trash through gnarly shit with what reviews i've read, and i really don't want a bike that lets me down in that area. My mate has a 2017 Enduro Comp and i'm currently on a 2016 Kona Process 153, any ideas on how the Alloy 50 would run? Cheers lads.

I went from a 2016 Process with a float x2 to the altitude (Carbon Frame though) and I would say that overall the altitude just seemed like a more polished version of the Kona. It doesn't blow it out of the water but it is noticeably "better". The altitude is a bit more composed than the process in the rough stuff even with just the DPx2. It also seems to handle a bit sharper as well as climb just a tad better and by that I mean it seems to have a bit more traction but also is more efficient than the Kona.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 17:11 Quote
Agree too my altitude c50 is better than process that I tried better geo and overall feel. I just got my X2 so it should be even better. I do bike park and agressivetrail/enduro and it's the perfect one bike quiver in my opinion.

FL
Posted: Nov 7, 2017 at 7:20 Quote
Alloy 50 is just fine, the best bargain out of all of the models would be the Alloy 70 though. Upgraded brakes and shock.

declanmtb wrote:

Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 12:49 Quote
I don't know what your thoughts are but I read the Enduro Mag review and they said they 'put it straight in the slackest postion' if it is the case that that is a 135mm travel setting I wonder if that contributes to the characteristics they quote: 'playfulness but lack of high speed stability'. In effect they are comparing a 135mm slack trail bike to 150-160mm bikes. I would be interested to see if it would change if they reviewed it in position 3. If it is the case that it has 135mm of travel in position 1 I believe the problem is partly Rocky Mountains fault as they don't seem to have a explanation of tgis anywhere. I don't own an Altitude but i'm looking at ordering one this week.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 13:26 Quote
I have been told by rm there are no loss of travel with the ride 9 but found the position 3 to be more progressive as I'm a lightweight rider. Thinking of putting a 170mm fork to add extra slack or a angle headset to get under 65° hta

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 21:28 Quote
Did anyone else read that Enduro Magazine bike shootout today and feel heartbroken? lol
Its the rider not the bike, and I still love my Altitude.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 21:42 Quote
andrewspencer wrote:
Did anyone else read that Enduro Magazine bike shootout today and feel heartbroken? lol
Its the rider not the bike, and I still love my Altitude.
Totally the rider so weird every other reviews are great. I have no problem going fast with it (even by being maybe a bit above average fitness) and so his Gauvin and Melamed. I sure do still love my altitude and anyway it's not all about racing it about having fun on a bike and that's what the altitude is all about.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 1.141560
Mobile Version of Website