Powered by Outside

General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion

PB Forum :: Guerrilla Gravity
General Guerrilla Gravity Discussion
Posted: Jul 21, 2023 at 10:17 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
I used to think GG was going to do something cool with the Trail Pistol. They used to advertise "Coming Soon" for thier new model.
Not anymore.
Now they don't even list the bike on their site.
Wonder what happened.

Update: I asked GG and was told the Trail Pistol is being redesigned. It will be returning but there is no ETA.

Posted: Jul 21, 2023 at 10:56 Quote
jbuzzinco wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
I used to think GG was going to do something cool with the Trail Pistol. They used to advertise "Coming Soon" for thier new model.
Not anymore.
Now they don't even list the bike on their site.
Wonder what happened.

Update: I asked GG and was told the Trail Pistol is being redesigned. It will be returning but there is no ETA.

Cool. Thanks for asking.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2023 at 10:26 Quote
Not a frequent flyer of these forums, however this seems like the right place for the question I have. Ive got a 22 Megatrail set up full 27.5 and have been thinking about a mullet setup. I could build a new front wheel in 29 and replace my Fox 38s lowers to go to the "correct" mullet setup with the lower stack head spacer, however I don't want to do anything "correct". I'm thinking of trying out a "mini-mullet" with a 26 rear and bumping up the fork from 170 to 180 to create a unique riding experience with a flickable tail and super slack geo. Icm wondering if anyone out there has given something like that a try and if anyone has any insight to how that might work out. I'm not super worried about pedal striking since I run 160mm cranks anyways but any insight or opinions would be welcome!

Posted: Aug 28, 2023 at 4:09 Quote
Hearing that GG is shutting down and last week was their last week in business. Super bummed as I just bought my V2 Gnarvana last November.

Posted: Aug 29, 2023 at 6:45 Quote
Krobs wrote:
Hearing that GG is shutting down and last week was their last week in business. Super bummed as I just bought my V2 Gnarvana last November.

Serious bummer.

Wow.

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2023 at 11:45 Quote
yeh heard the same during crankworx, was going to try quickly sell my Gnarvana/megatrail mullet but f*ck it. Ill ride it then sell the parts next year to fund my new bike...

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2023 at 7:29 Quote
Krobs wrote:

Just got a Smash last October. Hope nothing breaks. . .Madder Found some chatter on Reddit. Have you seen any confirmation of this?

Posted: Sep 1, 2023 at 11:54 Quote
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
Krobs wrote:

Just got a Smash last October. Hope nothing breaks. . .Madder Found some chatter on Reddit. Have you seen any confirmation of this?

They’ve made all bikes on their website unavailable.

Posted: Sep 3, 2023 at 4:22 Quote
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
Krobs wrote:

All signs are pointing to them shutting down imminently or being acquired on the cheap. The good news is that frame bearings and headset bearings are not proprietary. I’ll ride mine until the frame breaks and then buy something else.

Posted: Sep 3, 2023 at 13:02 Quote
I ran into a dude on a trail pistol yesterday who said that the derailleur hanger is proprietary. If that's the case, that could be an issue.

Posted: Sep 3, 2023 at 13:13 Quote
Explodo wrote:
I ran into a dude on a trail pistol yesterday who said that the derailleur hanger is proprietary. If that's the case, that could be an issue.

Derailleur hangers are typically unique to the frame which has always been a PITA. That's when shops like these are very handy.

HOWEVER depending on the MY - I think the GG models all use the SRAM UDH. That can be found everywhere.

In either case - definitely need to snatch all that sort of gear before the shop closes.

Posted: Sep 3, 2023 at 15:30 Quote
Explodo wrote:

2017-2018 full alloy and 2019+ Trail Pistols with alloy rear ends use a Syntace X-12 Type 1 hanger. Carbon rear ends use Sram UDH. Both are widely available and the opposite of proprietary.
GG Trail Pistol UDH

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2023 at 7:44 Quote
Krobs wrote:
ZebraJacket99 wrote:
Krobs wrote:

All signs are pointing to them shutting down imminently or being acquired on the cheap. The good news is that frame bearings and headset bearings are not proprietary. I’ll ride mine until the frame breaks and then buy something else.

Good to know. Saw that it seemed most service items were already out of stock last week.

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2023 at 18:58 Quote
They've always used Syntace and then Sram UDH from my understanding. My revved Smash (w/ the AL rear) and Pedalhead (gen ~1.5) use Syntace, the revved Gnarvana rear that I put on this past winter uses SRAM UDH.

RIP GG

Posted: Sep 9, 2023 at 20:23 Quote
Anyone looking to unload Trail Dogg stays I'll buy em.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036942
Mobile Version of Website