PB Forum :: Trail Building
(Your) Roll in's !!!
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
Johnbron65 wrote:
loveDJandDH wrote:
crazydutchmen wrote:

looks good
looks sketcy as hell
I dont see how its sketchy its really strong and whatnot. I've seen waaaaayy sketchier roll ins than mine.
yeah people call mine sketchy to but they are just jealous...

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
rockitonacannondale wrote:
loveDJandDH wrote:
Johnbron65 wrote:
heres mine:
photo
some snipping went down yeah
We have a pully to get the bikes to the top..
looks sketcy as hell

d8flat8 wrote:
photo
no no no. THAT looks sketchy as hell.

how, its really sturdy, i do admit my way up is a faliure, right now you have to lift your bike up

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
photo

only problem is you got to lift your bike on to it

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 23:40 Quote
d8flat8 wrote:
how, its really sturdy, i do admit my way up is a faliure, right now you have to lift your bike up
no no, i'm looking at the left, which i'm guessing is the way down?
it is sloped to the side. just looks super sketch

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 2:32 Quote
some quality roll-ins on here, um would a dirt rollin be any good as i dont have the materials to build a proper wood roll-in?

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
robyhsb wrote:
some quality roll-ins on here, um would a dirt rollin be any good as i dont have the materials to build a proper wood roll-in?
its really hard to make
me and my buddy are building one right now and we have a excavator and a dump wagon with tractor and it took a long time and it still needs a lot more dirt

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 15:21 Quote
crazydutchmen wrote:
robyhsb wrote:
its really hard to make
me and my buddy are building one right now and we have a excavator and a dump wagon with tractor and it took a long time and it still needs a lot more dirt

it will be really hard to maintain. and keep it smooth if i had to worry about my run way and jumps and role in it would take me a very long time before i hit djs

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 18:54 Quote
ryandspencer wrote:
crazydutchmen wrote:
robyhsb wrote:
its really hard to make

it will be really hard to maintain. and keep it smooth if i had to worry about my run way and jumps and role in it would take me a very long time before i hit djs
i have a shit load of carpet so i will probably just end up covering the run down of the roll in with that. should solve a lot of problems

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 20:20 Quote
crazydutchmen wrote:
ryandspencer wrote:
crazydutchmen wrote:

its really hard to make

i have a shit load of carpet so i will probably just end up covering the run down of the roll in with that. should solve a lot of problems

somewhat depends how tall you want it and wide

may i ask how tall and wide you are having it ?

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
kickel wrote:
photo

have you tried riding up it?

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
ryandspencer wrote:
kickel wrote:
photo

have you tried riding up it?
ya actually i did it didn;t work very well its actually decently steep and there is now a real landing on the end for everyone that said there wasnt

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
seeing all these roll ins inspires me to make one. i hate havent to ride down my drive way and hit a berm then hit djs. roll in would be sweet. any suggestions on how high to make it, or is just depending on te jump size/gap

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 21:22 Quote
how big are your jumps ? how far away would they bee from the roll in and how big are the gaps

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 22:48 Quote
odin333 wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
rockitonacannondale wrote:

judging by the 4 lanes. i think it's 4x
its for the olympics track in bejing i think.

no its not Beijing, the roll in for it is smaller, and it looks like one of those red Chinese roof things made out of steel or whatever. they also have stands behind the roll-in.

its probably the roll in for the olympic replica track in the UK or Chula Vista, CA

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 4:58 Quote
depends if your pedaling all thaat fast after,8 feet is a good size

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040757
Mobile Version of Website