Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

GT Chucker? what do ya recon?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
GT Chucker? what do ya recon?
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:34 Quote
Kona 08 Shonky Smile
You can get them for around 300 now.
Trust me, such a mad starter bike.
Some people avoid it because it has rigids.
They are cheaper, lighter, easier to maintain and yeh, just like them Razz

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
JamesGTBrown wrote:
jordanH2999 wrote:
JamesGTBrown wrote:
photo

Heres mine after an XC race bit muddy though

photo

And afew months ago, its had some new parts since then

solid bike and has served me well

nice bike mate i have jst braught a gt tempest 1.0 off my mate nd i want some 130mm forks for it Smile

Cool they ride ok with 130s it just takes a while to adjust, i wouldnt recomend DJ with them but i used to do alot of FR and DH on my tempest and it was ideal

i will be mainly riding trails and abit of dj Smile nd yh they ride nice with 130 forks better than the starndard 100 mm

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:36 Quote
jordanH2999 wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:
Facepalm
oh dear
what u oh dearing at ????

the faact that evry one seems to think there a good stater bike when there reli not like the other dude said u could get o shonky for that price. also a drone or a commencal maxx max for chaper thn a chucker.

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:39 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:
jordanH2999 wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:
Facepalm
oh dear

the faact that evry one seems to think there a good stater bike when there reli not like the other dude said u could get o shonky for that price. also a drone or a commencal maxx max for chaper thn a chucker.

they are a good bike whats wrong with them ? and i want travelle on my forks Smile
they are a good strong bike

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:54 Quote
jordanH2999 wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:
jordanH2999 wrote:

they are a good bike whats wrong with them ? and i want travelle on my forks Smile

strong?!? Eek
thats y i had to throw one in the skip becaus it cracked on the rear chainstays Razz

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 13:57 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:
jordanH2999 wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:

strong?!? Eek
thats y i had to throw one in the skip becaus it cracked on the rear chainstays Razz

how did you do that?

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
bike-r wrote:
Who else actualy has a gt chucker
please dont say its a shit bike
get enough of that from my mates!

sory got to agree with them mate snapped the bb and the frame

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 14:24 Quote
jordanH2999 wrote:
n3lson666x wrote:
jordanH2999 wrote:

strong?!? Eek

how did you do that?
jus ridin lol

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
I bought that bike a year ago when i just began ridng. before that bike i had no clue about DMR, Norco, commencal or 24severn. i didnt even know that there was a hardtail actually made for DH/FR. i went to my local shop and said "i do abit of jumping now and then but also the occassional bit of DH". they recomended the GT as a starter. and no it was not halfords.

So i didnt read the magazines i didnt know about pinkbike and forums or whatever i just rode my GT and its got me far i now race DH and XC and usually do pretty well.

The GT chucker/tempest is a great starter bike and alot of people will slate it but for the price and if your new to mountain bike its great.

If you know what your on about then you would go for a "decent" brand that will get you more "respect" out on the trails but i bought my GT and i wouldnt change that

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031625
Mobile Version of Website