Powered by Outside

Anybody know when the new YT lineup is dropping?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Anybody know when the new YT lineup is dropping?
Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 10:03 Quote
speedy-toast wrote:
george-xanthidis wrote:
Does anyone know why the Capra base is no longer available in the UK?

Maybe they are moving away from aluminum frames? It’s a possibility.

no way. as long as other brands still sell em, there’s no reason for YT to stop

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 10:19 Quote
EchoPure7 wrote:
speedy-toast wrote:
george-xanthidis wrote:
Does anyone know why the Capra base is no longer available in the UK?

Their reason would be to keep production costs down. They would only need to produce one frame instead of two for every model. Just a random thought. Not saying that’s what they are doing, just speculating like everyone else

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 10:57 Quote
With the price of production and shipping going sky high this year, their profit margin from a base model may not be worth wasting their limited frame supply on. Skip the base models this year? Just a guess.

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
Xlr8n wrote:
With the price of production and shipping going sky high this year, their profit margin from a base model may not be worth wasting their limited frame supply on. Skip the base models this year? Just a guess.

Yeh true but then the base is the most popular model and that would be a big shame I hope thats not the case

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
speedy-toast wrote:
EchoPure7 wrote:
speedy-toast wrote:

Their reason would be to keep production costs down. They would only need to produce one frame instead of two for every model. Just a random thought. Not saying that’s what they are doing, just speculating like everyone else

I highly doubt they would completely get rid of the aluminium frames, they would then have to get rid of the comp then as well so in that case, they would be better off getting rid of the comp bike because the base is far more popular. I have no idea what YT are doing and they aren't really giving any insights as to what's going on...

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
Yeah, Seems bringing in the new head guy to run the business isn't exactly helping them from a marketing perspective. A bunch of random changes to their website with no new bikes and wait, wait, wait...

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 12:28 Quote
Xlr8n wrote:
Yeah, Seems bringing in the new head guy to run the business isn't exactly helping them from a marketing perspective. A bunch of random changes to their website with no new bikes and wait, wait, wait...

Well yeh, the new blaze lineup is a load of shit and a waste of time when they could actually focus on getting bikes to people that have already paid for them...

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 15:32 Quote
If anyone is really desperate I found this https://www.theproscloset.com/products/yt-capra-al-x01-mountain-bike-2020-large

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
AdinK wrote:
If anyone is really desperate I found this https://www.theproscloset.com/products/yt-capra-al-x01-mountain-bike-2020-large

no thanks. why would anyone buy a used bike and pay more than a brand new one? logic thrown out the window.

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 5:56 Quote
New capras are up. Just going to warn you, the base model is 400 bucks more.

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
No new frame for Capra this year. Bummer.

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 7:02 Quote
DaFreerider44 wrote:

I don't see any in stock! ANYONE GET ONE!?!?!?!? WTF

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
EchoPure7 wrote:
DaFreerider44 wrote:

I don't see any in stock! ANYONE GET ONE!?!?!?!? WTF

Ok, I just checked the Canada YT website vs US YT website. Everything is in stock in the US site but not Canada. WTF.

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
Kango wrote:
No new frame for Capra this year. Bummer.

These are aluminum models. They may drop a new Capra in carbon next.

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 7:36 Quote
DaFreerider44 wrote:

Yikes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027080
Mobile Version of Website