Powered by Outside

Commencal TEMPO

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal TEMPO
O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2023 at 14:04 Quote
Nopantsdougie wrote:
Interesting, what size frame? I was able to get the specialized little big 21oz with a 22MY super deluxe and a specialized z cage with tool. It does touch the resi though.

I'm running a size Medium...I also think the 23 SD rezi is longer.

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2023 at 16:52 Quote
Cane creek headset is so much better than the Acros. The sealing is so much tighter and the bearings are so much smoother. I also went with the Hellbender bearings which is what I usually run on all my bikes.
photo
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2023 at 17:38 Quote
Sickkkk, i cant believe how efficient these bikes pedal while still being solid descenders.

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2023 at 5:59 Quote
Had my first ride on the Tempo yesterday and man, this thing is more capable then I expected. Rode a trail system that I knew would challenge this bike and it shined. I can see how this bike can get you in trouble though, overriding it is very very easy. So far I'm very happy with the tempo and its a great local trail bike that was needed in my quiver. I can give the big enduro bike a break and save it for the bigger gnarlier trips. My buddy took these shots...

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2023 at 17:22 Quote
Couldnt say that better, very very easy to overide! This has been one of the bikes thats a perfect blend of efficient, plowable and playful. I opted for 150mm up front and dropped the bars down.

FL
Posted: Aug 9, 2023 at 11:40 Quote
I have the stock Ohlins build and I swapped out the wheels for some xc wheels for the BC bike race before putting the crankbrothers ones back on. It is such a capable bike. I have ridden it in the Whistler bike park, in Squamish on the slabs, and all over back home in Santa Cruz. One word of caution for those riding in the wet. The linkage bearings are quite exposed and I had an issue where one seized and I think it was because of riding in the wet, but I am not sure. It was a bit beyond my capabilities to replace. Commencal warranty covered the cost of the fix from my LBS.

Now that I am done my xc(ish) adventures I want to upgrade the fork to 150mm and have been thinking about if I could also increase the stroke of the rear shock to 52.5 or 55mm. Has anyone else thought about doing this?

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 4:50 Quote
I kind of doubt you could stroke the shock but keep us posted if that works out. I went with the vorsprung smashpot on my ohlins build and am still amazed on every ride how much better it feel than the ohlins airshaft on the RXF 36. I adjusted it to 150 and put all the headset spacers on top of them stem to keep the bars low. Ive only found benefits from doing this! Climbing is still great and a bit better BB clearance.

zeebrah wrote:
I have the stock Ohlins build and I swapped out the wheels for some xc wheels for the BC bike race before putting the crankbrothers ones back on. It is such a capable bike. I have ridden it in the Whistler bike park, in Squamish on the slabs, and all over back home in Santa Cruz. One word of caution for those riding in the wet. The linkage bearings are quite exposed and I had an issue where one seized and I think it was because of riding in the wet, but I am not sure. It was a bit beyond my capabilities to replace. Commencal warranty covered the cost of the fix from my LBS.

Now that I am done my xc(ish) adventures I want to upgrade the fork to 150mm and have been thinking about if I could also increase the stroke of the rear shock to 52.5 or 55mm. Has anyone else thought about doing this?

FL
Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 5:21 Quote
zeebrah wrote:

With the way the leverage curve is the extra stroke gained would be just blown through. the curve falls off right at the end unfortunately, i was thinking about putting a 55mm on when building mine but soon as the pinkbike review came out with the curves, it doesn't look like its feasible. and most likely why they set the limit at 125mm

FL
Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 12:27 Quote
Nopantsdougie wrote:
zeebrah wrote:

With the way the leverage curve is the extra stroke gained would be just blown through. the curve falls off right at the end unfortunately, i was thinking about putting a 55mm on when building mine but soon as the pinkbike review came out with the curves, it doesn't look like its feasible. and most likely why they set the limit at 125mm

Good point. Sounds like the fork upgrade is worth it though.

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 16:47 Quote
zeebrah wrote:
Nopantsdougie wrote:
zeebrah wrote:

Good point. Sounds like the fork upgrade is worth it though.

Id go smashpot if you dont mind the added weight. Looked into getting a longer airshaft from ohlins and it was a couple hundred shipped. Supposedly theres a coil kit from ohlins as well.

Posted: Aug 13, 2023 at 19:38 Quote
Got 3 rides on Tempo and still love it
Commencal Tempo

Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 1:19 Quote
Hi guys,
I want to build a commencal tempo frame
is it necessary to mount sram "dub wide" cranks (wider than "dub") on the BB?
I want to mount a Sram Eagle mechanical transmission with x01 cranks 3mm offset chainring
THANKS

FL
Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 3:16 Quote
Tholev64 wrote:
Hi guys,
I want to build a commencal tempo frame
is it necessary to mount sram "dub wide" cranks (wider than "dub") on the BB?
I want to mount a Sram Eagle mechanical transmission with x01 cranks 3mm offset chainring
THANKS

No reg dub cranks. Need a 2mm spacer on the drive side that doesn't come in the standard spacer kit though

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.092862
Mobile Version of Website