Powered by Outside

DH/4X - The Weight Game.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DH/4X - The Weight Game.
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 15:55 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
well thats good to know, thanks(I knew the answer, but not exact weight, Im guessin 23lbs)but I may have overshot it

dubhex will be suited to answer you. He's on one and has a cornucopia of knowledge on them.

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 15:55 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
Rafael Alvarez uses it and he seems to be winning the comps in itRolleyes
I said I didn't know if the frame would be good because I know nothing about 4X. Don't give me the Rolleyes mister.
So then why would you feel compelled to post? If you know nothing, then obviously you can't be contributing anything of value. Rolleyes P3 would be fine. The low BB isn't good for street but will definitely help it through the corners.
didnt they highten the bb for 09, so its a bit better for street now, but they are really light, if anyone can post a pic of just a p.3 frame on a scale for referance here.

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
HAHAHA sorry for Caps Lock, it locked up on me(ghetto computer) but other than that, I wanna build up a sub 25lb P.3 frame when I finish my P.1, do you guys think it possible by getting THE lightest parts in town, Easton monkeylite xc bar, thomson masterpeice, selle italia, dt rims, king everything, xtr, possible?
Yes if the frames weigh sub-5.5 lbs.
No offense, but you just said you didn't know about this stuff. Why 5.5 lbs? Secondly, this is more directed at Rattsl. That sounds like complete overkill.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
P3 would be fine. The low BB isn't good for street but will definitely help it through the corners.

Agreed. I wonder how the low BB will affect the manualing and rollers, though. Anyone know?

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
well thats good to know, thanks(I knew the answer, but not exact weight, Im guessin 23lbs)but I may have overshot it

dubhex will be suited to answer you. He's on one and has a cornucopia of knowledge on them.
but he's trying to shoot under 25,but its hard for him because he is tough on wheelsets, so he needs to get a sturdier wheel...I have a P.2 and P.1, P.2 on sale though, but other than that, just by taking off the gearing, front brake, all the nonsense you dont need, it goes down to 29.03 lbs, so....they are really light, I just dont know if I should transfer onto one, I will feel great frame weight difference and diff geo than the P.1, but so far I need to finish my P.1 first then get a new frame afterwards, I can get them for a good price, but I gotta get a frame only, which is hard to find since they are only selling completes

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
P3 would be fine. The low BB isn't good for street but will definitely help it through the corners.

Agreed. I wonder how the low BB will affect the manualing and rollers, though. Anyone know?
my p.2 same geo, did well for any type of riding, from AM/DJ/STREET/FR and manuals were easy since I have the short model, which rides more like a bmx with ss and rear brake only

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
Rafael Alvarez uses it and he seems to be winning the comps in itRolleyes
I said I didn't know if the frame would be good because I know nothing about 4X. Don't give me the Rolleyes mister.
So then why would you feel compelled to post? If you know nothing, then obviously you can't be contributing anything of value. Rolleyes P3 would be fine. The low BB isn't good for street but will definitely help it through the corners.
Because I was advising him about the chainguide.Rolleyes

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
HAHAHA sorry for Caps Lock, it locked up on me(ghetto computer) but other than that, I wanna build up a sub 25lb P.3 frame when I finish my P.1, do you guys think it possible by getting THE lightest parts in town, Easton monkeylite xc bar, thomson masterpeice, selle italia, dt rims, king everything, xtr, possible?
No offense, but you just said you didn't know about this stuff. Why 5.5 lbs? Secondly, this is more directed at Rattsl. That sounds like complete overkill.
I know about components, and it seems that a build with a frame under 5.5lbs could be under 25lbs. Some people...

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
well my 06 p3 frame weighed under 5.2 pounds and had it all built up for 4x and it weighed 24.5 and the new p3 is lighter and i did not use the lightest parts out there.

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:14 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
I know about components, and it seems that a build with a frame under 5.5lbs could be under 25lbs. Some people...
yea its overkill, but its also possible...thats all I wanted to know, but in terms to end this quote building, I may end up with a P.3 frame, and go from there.

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
So you're saying that you just threw out an arbitrary number and implied it as fact. That's much better than just not saying anything, oh wait. Listen up, I know you think you're helping but you're really not. I used to be like that for about my first month on the site. Then I realized that I wasn't helping at all and shut up. If you don't know what you're talking about, then don't talk about it. Words to live by.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:47 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
Then I realized that I wasn't helping at all and shut up.

Oh. I figured you just ran out of things to say.

Wink

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

Corners amazingly, great control through rollers and berms. Make an awesome 4X frame.

The cool kids build them with Hope SS hubs and 6 speed cassettes.

And FYI - you really can't build one too light, since it's got a low BB and slack head angle, it feels stable no matter what.

edit - If you don't have a relevant question or an informed answer, why are you posting?

Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:55 Quote
dubhex wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

Corners amazingly, great control through rollers. Make an awesome 4X frame.

The cool kids build them with Hope SS hubs and 6 speed cassettes.

And FYI - you really can't build one too light, since it's got a low BB and slack head angle, it feels stable no matter what.
got you, thankstup

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
dubhex wrote:
edit - If you don't have a relevant question or an informed answer, why are you posting?

Me?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024063
Mobile Version of Website