Specialized SX 4x model, Would It Be Good For Trail Rides and Light Freeride?

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized SX 4x model, Would It Be Good For Trail Rides and Light Freeride?
O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 17:21 Quote
who cares they are all single pivot, intense tazer, blur 4x, norco 4x, name it.

turner RAIL is old, turner 4x is 2006-2007, and almost impossible to find, especially in longer size.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 17:41 Quote
gregmazo wrote:

turner RAIL is old, turner 4x is 2006-2007, and almost impossible to find, especially in longer size.

oh ok, I was thinking about the rail. I have no idea on the weights of tazers, and I thought the norco's were heavier. And the blur 4x is just god like so that's just unfair Razz

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 17:53 Quote
gregmazo wrote:

.... vpp and fsr are single pivots?

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 18:25 Quote
creamsoda wrote:
gregmazo wrote:

.... vpp and fsr are single pivots?

no, they aren't. he was reffering to an older post which i said:
other 4x frame. ndiza, meta 4x, turner 4x, yeti 4x, banshee rampant, etc...

but the banshee is not just a 'single pivot'.

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 18:31 Quote
ah, my bad. the older specialized sxes were lighter but with less standover.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 18:32 Quote
you mean they had more standover.

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
They were badass IMO.

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
they had less. the new ones have so much that darren does turndowns on them now.

Posted: Nov 30, 2009 at 23:00 Quote
cant wait till i get get mine :Cool :

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
maky wrote:
photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/3423/pbpic3423334.jpg

This is my 09 SX. It is the best all round bike i've ever ridden. It dirt jumps like my P1, and climbs hills like my old enduro. it even handles trails like my 06 SX trail did. I'm running the Pike with travel adjust and it works wonders for switching it up for the different disciplines.
have you ridden it down some narlly stuff??
how does it take corners??
the bike looks awsome

Posted: Dec 6, 2009 at 14:56 Quote
patrikorlainsky wrote:
maky wrote:
photo

This is my 09 SX. It is the best all round bike i've ever ridden. It dirt jumps like my P1, and climbs hills like my old enduro. it even handles trails like my 06 SX trail did. I'm running the Pike with travel adjust and it works wonders for switching it up for the different disciplines.
the bike looks awsome

I rode mine at Mt. Washington on all summer, on the dirt jumps in Victoria, BC, on trails up and down hills. It takes corners beautifully, like no other. Mt. Washington is gnarly and it soaked it all up. I ride the Pike as well and it makes the bike very versatile.

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 4:42 Quote
Manetherin wrote:
patrikorlainsky wrote:
maky wrote:
photo

the bike looks awsome

I rode mine at Mt. Washington on all summer, on the dirt jumps in Victoria, BC, on trails up and down hills. It takes corners beautifully, like no other. Mt. Washington is gnarly and it soaked it all up. I ride the Pike as well and it makes the bike very versatile.
have you ridden any downhillbike???

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 at 17:36 Quote
patrikorlainsky wrote:
Manetherin wrote:
patrikorlainsky wrote:

the bike looks awsome

Mt Washington is a downhill mountain with lift acess in Courtenay, BC. I rode it on my buddies A-line as well but i prefer the SX because you can pick your line alot better. If youre a downhiller I would not suggest this bike as a full-on downhill bike though. Sure you can pick a line better and ride dirt jumps and slope style on it, but you arent going to be making it through big gnarly rock gardens as fast as a Demo, or other downhill oriented machines like the Cove Shocker, Devinci Wilson, Transition TR450, Banshee Legend etc.

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 5:14 Quote
Manetherin wrote:
patrikorlainsky wrote:
Manetherin wrote:

Mt Washington is a downhill mountain with lift acess in Courtenay, BC. I rode it on my buddies A-line as well but i prefer the SX because you can pick your line alot better. If youre a downhiller I would not suggest this bike as a full-on downhill bike though. Sure you can pick a line better and ride dirt jumps and slope style on it, but you arent going to be making it through big gnarly rock gardens as fast as a Demo, or other downhill oriented machines like the Cove Shocker, Devinci Wilson, Transition TR450, Banshee Legend etc.
what about freeride typ of riding is the bike funn

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030447
Mobile Version of Website