Powered by Outside

San diego riders?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
San diego riders?
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 12:29 Quote
hell yes it looks like SD is actually poppin!!!! I can't wait to get my new wheels in like 10 days for my birthday. I bent mine trying to 180, they were XC wheels...

Anyways I should be biking by the end of the month, we got local work going on at the park near my house, should have some decent packs soon. It's a lot better than it was, I'll take pictures.

I usually go to sunset, I got miracle/legacy right by my house but I am a bitch to hit it still yet. lol. Just started biking a year ago, got my XC Giant full suspension for my birthday last year and it got me into biking. Now I DJ, XC, I like to DH but only use my XC. I'll be back, great to see so many people!

Nice backflips by the way jamis, can I ask....Ramona?? Peace

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 14:20 Quote
Thrillride wrote:
hell yes it looks like SD is actually poppin!!!! I can't wait to get my new wheels in like 10 days for my birthday. I bent mine trying to 180, they were XC wheels...

Anyways I should be biking by the end of the month, we got local work going on at the park near my house, should have some decent packs soon. It's a lot better than it was, I'll take pictures.

I usually go to sunset, I got miracle/legacy right by my house but I am a bitch to hit it still yet. lol. Just started biking a year ago, got my XC Giant full suspension for my birthday last year and it got me into biking. Now I DJ, XC, I like to DH but only use my XC. I'll be back, great to see so many people!

If you are scared of miracle you should come to my jumps, they are going to be the best scripps ranch ever had.

The run now goes like this... coast from start position(no pedaling), do a woop then drop into the roll in, hit double #1 enter small bombhole, hit double #2 enter small bombhole, hit small table, rail a berm, then pump 2 rollers and hit a hip to the left, enter bombhole and hit spine, enter dirt halfpipe. The dirt halfpipe and spine are in the works now, should be done in 1-2 weeks. It's a great spot to get used to bigger but still small jumps. They are inbetween the size of Kearny Moto jumps and miracle. The objective of this spot was to build it to where there is no pedaling involved.

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 17:06 Quote
Thrillride wrote:

What about Ramona?
there's some sweet jumps if you know where to go... Big Grin

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 17:36 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Thrillride wrote:

If you are scared of miracle you should come to my jumps, they are going to be the best scripps ranch ever had.

The run now goes like this... coast from start position(no pedaling), do a woop then drop into the roll in, hit double #1 enter small bombhole, hit double #2 enter small bombhole, hit small table, rail a berm, then pump 2 rollers and hit a hip to the left, enter bombhole and hit spine, enter dirt halfpipe. The dirt halfpipe and spine are in the works now, should be done in 1-2 weeks. It's a great spot to get used to bigger but still small jumps. They are inbetween the size of Kearny Moto jumps and miracle. The objective of this spot was to build it to where there is no pedaling involved.

I'm way down, I actually wanted to come help you a while back. Guess they are looking good now huh, just message me when you will be there and directions and I'll see ya sometime.

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 20:17 Quote
good to see that this thread is slowly taking off. keep shreddin sd!

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 2:19 Quote
I wanna come help with those Scripps jumps. Maybe over the summer Frown

Keep up the good work! They sound amazing

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 6:58 Quote
dude brian there is a new super sick trick jump in ramona that we need to sesh soon

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 9:37 Quote
Look what I got! I can finally 180 half cab out too, but only like 1 outta 30 lol. Was trying 360's last night too and fell hard, helmet saved my ass for sure.

photo

Woot woot! What up with them scripps jumps mang, I am all free this weekend.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 10:54 Quote
Thrillride wrote:
Look what I got! I can finally 180 half cab out too, but only like 1 outta 30 lol. Was trying 360's last night too and fell hard, helmet saved my ass for sure.

photo

Woot woot! What up with them scripps jumps mang, I am all free this weekend.

I might be down for today let me see what's happening. Oh yea, sick f*cking bike man!!!

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
for sure I'll be around. Thanks on the bike, it is sweeet! I wanna get the frame painted neon orange in the future, neon orange with everything else still white should look real nice.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 16:25 Quote
Whats going on guys? Im chris, new here just wanted to say whats up. I ride an eastern traildigger 20" and a Giant Rincon with some work done to it. I met Tyler today at Cuyamaca (forgot his screenname) That was my first time there and it was pretty fun. Im down to help build/ rebuild if theres a place i can help. I usually ride midday on week days. My job allows me to have a long break from 10 am till 1pm, so if anybody wants to ride let me know.

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 16:40 Quote
Thats sweet man. Which do you prefer? the 20 or the 26?
(For me it depends on what I'm doing...)

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 23:11 Quote
As of right now im liking the 20 because i just got it yesterday, haha. My Giant is really fun but its a trail bike so im sketch to jump it a lot,

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 at 23:18 Quote
Same. My 26 is a trail bike. as in 4 inches of travel all around.
Pretty sketchy to jump...
The Bmx is treatin me better.
I can ride a 26 better on everything but grinds if its properly built.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039466
Mobile Version of Website