Powered by Outside

2010 Marzocchi 888 A real threat to the lighter forks!

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 Marzocchi 888 A real threat to the lighter forks!
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 13:43 Quote
jamesbrown wrote:
jinx wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:

hmm lets see....
China doens;t have the safety standards that we have. And they biuld things extremely cheap over seas... so in a way ur the f*cking idiot. Theres no need to bring a sterotype into this u tool. I would trust a american factory or over a chinese one anyday.

They are made in Taiwan, not China my ignorant friend. Besides, in Taiwan there are probably a hundred people per welder who could replace them if they made anything wrong so they are very meticulous in their work. In USA you have the union and you can't get fired for a simple mistake. There are so many big differences bwetween a Taiwanese welder and an American/European.
I would trust a Taiwanese welder more than a American/European anyday. Can you guess who has the most experience with welding? It's a practical work so it doesn't need an education.

Besides, they DO have to to face the same standards since it will be sold in EU/USA. In other words, in order to be sold in EU a product has to face the EU standards in order to be sold here. Same goes for USA. Who is the tool?

i'm ignorant eh? alright so what are u bring stereotypes into it.. i'm not even american and it bugs me when f*cks like you think american is the only country that has fat stupid poeple in it? ur the ignorant one my friend. I still wont ever run a marz fork. Theres many reasons to company's bring there factory's or whatever u want to call it over to places like that. The same reasons american company's went to china n mexican. The new standard for the enviroment n such make it harder for the company's and make it more expensive.

You are from Canada yet you can't even write in your native language? I feel bad for you. At least give som resistance such as arguments. You don't have one single argument in your post besides your complaint over me being "rude" and writing about stereotypes.
At least bring some arguments for christ sake! You're on the same level as a 14 year old.

Besides: it's spelled "companies" not "company's"

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
the fact is ,is that they (china ,Taiwan etc.) can make and sell a product cheaper then north american companies can even buy the material to make the same product with over here. That is why the factories move over there, all the quality standards are just as good and sometimes better then elsewhere. Dont judge a product on the country it's being made in and don't judge them on new products in there first year of production because most products usually suck and break and malfuntion there first year

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 15:04 Quote
Yeah, it really is a matter of time before ANY company will outsource their production. They have to keep up quality in all their work. Stoked my 66 VF2's were made in ITALY!

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 15:35 Quote
jinx wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:
jinx wrote:

They are made in Taiwan, not China my ignorant friend. Besides, in Taiwan there are probably a hundred people per welder who could replace them if they made anything wrong so they are very meticulous in their work. In USA you have the union and you can't get fired for a simple mistake. There are so many big differences bwetween a Taiwanese welder and an American/European.
I would trust a Taiwanese welder more than a American/European anyday. Can you guess who has the most experience with welding? It's a practical work so it doesn't need an education.

Besides, they DO have to to face the same standards since it will be sold in EU/USA. In other words, in order to be sold in EU a product has to face the EU standards in order to be sold here. Same goes for USA. Who is the tool?

i'm ignorant eh? alright so what are u bring stereotypes into it.. i'm not even american and it bugs me when f*cks like you think american is the only country that has fat stupid poeple in it? ur the ignorant one my friend. I still wont ever run a marz fork. Theres many reasons to company's bring there factory's or whatever u want to call it over to places like that. The same reasons american company's went to china n mexican. The new standard for the enviroment n such make it harder for the company's and make it more expensive.

You are from Canada yet you can't even write in your native language? I feel bad for you. At least give som resistance such as arguments. You don't have one single argument in your post besides your complaint over me being "rude" and writing about stereotypes.
At least bring some arguments for christ sake! You're on the same level as a 14 year old.

hahah, okay Jinx is right, if it look on anything plugged into your wall or anything thing like that it says made in Taiwan, China, mexico, japan WHAT EVER it i will say CSA Approved (Canadian Standards Agency) meaning, CANADA has deemed it safe for operation, as has been previously mentioned, yet some what over looked, is this is getting WAY to based on country, it is the company themselves they should still have the same product testing, and it might just be working out kinks in the new place, not new kinks because of WHERE the new place is

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 at 22:59 Quote
Hey guys I just kinda stumbled on your thread here, but I live in SoCal and I was just at Marzocchi pick'n up my 3PL for the third effing time and one of the tech guys showed me the new 888 fork (they actually had the entire 2010 lineup sitting on the ground leaning against the wall as you walk into the tech area). It is really cool to say the least and it is supposed to be bomb proof. He told me the fork has been ridden for the last year by the pro's so all of the kinks are supposed to be worked out (I know, we'll see about that).

Also they had to ditch the ATA because of the bad track record it got over the '07 and especially the '08 season even though they had it fixed for '09. The Ti coil spring version was a half pound lighter than the air "ATA" version from what he said, so why offer an air fork when they aren't even as supple as a coil to begin with.

All in all they are, if I remember correctly cause this was 3 months ago, 6.7lbs. Oh and they got rid of those ridiculously "loud" and unprofessional graphics they had for '08 and '09, looks way cleaner now and wont clash with every other frame's paint scheme. Just an FYI

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
misterpeanut wrote:
Hey guys I just kinda stumbled on your thread here, but I live in SoCal and I was just at Marzocchi pick'n up my 3PL for the third effing time and one of the tech guys showed me the new 888 fork (they actually had the entire 2010 lineup sitting on the ground leaning against the wall as you walk into the tech area). It is really cool to say the least and it is supposed to be bomb proof. He told me the fork has been ridden for the last year by the pro's so all of the kinks are supposed to be worked out (I know, we'll see about that).

Also they had to ditch the ATA because of the bad track record it got over the '07 and especially the '08 season even though they had it fixed for '09. The Ti coil spring version was a half pound lighter than the air "ATA" version from what he said, so why offer an air fork when they aren't even as supple as a coil to begin with.

All in all they are, if I remember correctly cause this was 3 months ago, 6.7lbs. Oh and they got rid of those ridiculously "loud" and unprofessional graphics they had for '08 and '09, looks way cleaner now and wont clash with every other frame's paint scheme. Just an FYI

thats the kind of post i like to read on pinkbike. cheers for the info. and im very glad that theyve decided to tone the decals/graphics down for 2010. do you know if they are going back to the 'bomber' logo of pre '07 or the model number idea?

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
As far as I know they have completely gone over to the numbering system for the different forks; 44, 55, 66 and 888 series. Not too sure what your asking on the style of "Bomber" though, like the raised lettering (which was super cool)?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.singletrackworld.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2009/04/sea-otter-2009-88.jpg

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 23:27 Quote
misterpeanut wrote:

hahaha. i love the guys at marzocchi tech. they give you stickers, posters, and coffee with marzocchi logos on the disposable cups if you ask for it. but yeah. i hope 2010 will be bombproof. i was interested in the 09 but i was always hesitant

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 at 23:28 Quote
Mazekwon wrote:
jinx wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:

hahah, okay Jinx is right, if it look on anything plugged into your wall or anything thing like that it says made in Taiwan, China, mexico, japan WHAT EVER it i will say CSA Approved (Canadian Standards Agency) meaning, CANADA has deemed it safe for operation, as has been previously mentioned, yet some what over looked, is this is getting WAY to based on country, it is the company themselves they should still have the same product testing, and it might just be working out kinks in the new place, not new kinks because of WHERE the new place is

i think that if all the bikes and parts were manufactured in the US and Canada (instead of taiwan) then we wont even be able to afford bikes. i, myself, complain that prices are already too high even though theyre made in taiwan! hahaha

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 at 4:42 Quote
misterpeanut wrote:
As far as I know they have completely gone over to the numbering system for the different forks; 44, 55, 66 and 888 series. Not too sure what your asking on the style of "Bomber" though, like the raised lettering (which was super cool)?

*snip*

cheers for the pic there.
yeah i was on about the raised 'bomber' lettering that came on the 2006 model year. and maybe before that, not too sure? and yes, it was (and still is) awesome.

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 at 14:28 Quote
Havant read it all on here, but has it been mentioned that marzocchi seemed to have dropped their freeride crownConfused Im really gutted it was one of the things that i loved about them so much.

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
jinx wrote:
Yeah, there have been some rumors about Öhlins making some bicycle specific shocks. As a swede I would most probably buy one. Big Grin

The CCDB has Ohlins patented internals/design - so the CCDB basically is the Ohlins mtb shock, just put together by Cane Creek.

- - -

As for the 2010 Mz 888 and other models, its only the top-end models that have the Ti springs & Nickel stanchions, the lower spec models still feature air/steel coil springs e.t.c. - The prices for these Ti models looks pretty damned high too!

What gets me about Mz, is why they insist on incorporating their 'M' logo/shape into the arch, crown & d/o's - it simply means they then have to beef-up the whole area to compensate for the structural weakness that this 'aesthetic' design has caused.

Previous models of Marzocchi forks ranging from '06-'08 that I've ridden/owned have felt terrible, but from all the 2010 advertising hype, it sounds like they've sorted out these problems by using High quality Japanese seals and pair-match fitted high quality slotted bushings throughout their product line-up, looking at the new tech' on paper, they should feel plusher than Fox Vanilla's!

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
Not.

Gonna.

Happen.

i wouldnt be suprised if marzocchi runs into serious financial trouble this year, no company has specced them OE, so the majority of their sales havnt happened.

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
Kona has, that should account for all the sales they need!:P

Posted: Sep 3, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
Barely, none of its FR/DH lineup is specced with marzo is it? the stab definately isnt, which means the vast fleets of hire bikes that wouldve been fitted with marzo wont be.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030983
Mobile Version of Website