Kona Bikes. NO HATERS ALLOWED

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Kona Bikes. NO HATERS ALLOWED
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 13:53 Quote
Edit: Wait I confused myself. Mad

O+
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
dan13l-b1gh1t wrote:
i dont like how they feel, theyre very progressive, but maybe u like that. the frames tend to snap on big crashes or drops. plus, they come stock with suspension with little adjustments
Oh dear. You, my friend, fell into the Kona hater trap! Yes, well done, most bikes "tend to snap on big crashes" but drops... just no. If you look through pinkbike there's an SX Trail which snapped at BOTH chainstays from a 5 foot drop... I do those regularly... that should not happen! Also if you search through the videos, there's a video of a guy doing a 20 foot drop on a kona stinky (06) which had the weak linkage arms, and the bike was absolutely fine! Yes ok if he had cased that jump, i expect it would have broken, but then again so would have most bikes!
Just for reference i've seen a Demo 8 bent at the headtube (not to mention their problem with cracking at the chainstays), a Giant Glory who snapped his headtube clean off his bike, this SX trail as mentioned above, an iron horse half its original length due to a crash... ALL bikes are perfectly capable of breaking, don't be fooled into thinking it's just or "mainly" kona's!

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 13:58 Quote
I had a kona stinky 2004, and regret selling it very much cause now I dont have a full suspension bike anymore. it is a good bike for beginners, I liked it a lot.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 13:59 Quote
rolto1822 wrote:
dan13l-b1gh1t wrote:
i dont like how they feel, theyre very progressive, but maybe u like that. the frames tend to snap on big crashes or drops. plus, they come stock with suspension with little adjustments
Oh dear. You, my friend, fell into the Kona hater trap! Yes, well done, most bikes "tend to snap on big crashes" but drops... just no. If you look through pinkbike there's an SX Trail which snapped at BOTH chainstays from a 5 foot drop... I do those regularly... that should not happen! Also if you search through the videos, there's a video of a guy doing a 20 foot drop on a kona stinky (06) which had the weak linkage arms, and the bike was absolutely fine! Yes ok if he had cased that jump, i expect it would have broken, but then again so would have most bikes!
Just for reference i've seen a Demo 8 bent at the headtube (not to mention their problem with cracking at the chainstays), a Giant Glory who snapped his headtube clean off his bike, this SX trail as mentioned above, an iron horse half its original length due to a crash... ALL bikes are perfectly capable of breaking, don't be fooled into thinking it's just or "mainly" kona's!

Pics or it didnt happen.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
Muttley wrote:
rolto1822 wrote:
dan13l-b1gh1t wrote:

Pics or it didnt happen.

pics or it didnt happen to the first guy.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
my first bike nicer than a shitty walmart bike was an '06 kona shred medium with a really terrible marz. dj comp.
i loved it for like 3 years and it got me started into this whole amazing scene.
thank you kona, keep making sweet bikes with weird graphics.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
ZEPH80 wrote:
Muttley wrote:
rolto1822 wrote:

Pics or it didnt happen.

Ok as requested here is the glory:

photo

and here is the SX, (sorry got the details slightly wrong, it was a 6 foot drop, but still puny to be honest!)

photo

O+
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 14:09 Quote
Sorry to disappoint guys, but I don't do lying.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
rolto1822 wrote:
ZEPH80 wrote:
Muttley wrote:

Pics or it didnt happen.

Ok as requested here is the glory:

photo

and here is the SX, (sorry got the details slightly wrong, it was a 6 foot drop, but still puny to be honest!)

photo
All I am going to say is that that is an 06, you have no idea what it has been through and there are such things called Faults in the metal so...

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
I have never, in all my years, seen a glory broken like that.

Shit me.

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
i wasnt saying you were lying.

i was talkin about the guy who said that konas tend to snap on jumps and drops.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
doberdude wrote:
All I am going to say is that that is an 06, you have no idea what it has been through and there are such things called Faults in the metal so...

And all i'm going to say is that you could say that for any broken bike. Your point is a weak one.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
ZEPH80 wrote:
i wasnt saying you were lying.

i was talkin about the guy who said that konas tend to snap on jumps and drops.
ah right yeah lol fair enough Smile

Posted: May 24, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
proamrider wrote:
shore21 wrote:
i believe that the frame has a 4 year warrany but the entire bike has 2 year's. for the o-cup it should be fine. not to much travle not to little i think it would be an exilant bike for the o cup and riding around ontario!
yes i own a stinky and also raced on it for 1 year in the GES. I hated it racing...... i'm getting a Wilson frame soon here is my bike

photo

thats a really nice stinky bro, i am planning on getting a 40 for my 07.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 2.381079
Mobile Version of Website