Loudest BMX Hub! (BMX)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Loudest BMX Hub! (BMX)
Posted: Jan 12, 2012 at 14:25 Quote
UnitedAlex15 wrote:
wtp supreme, primo mix ,shadow rant, g sport ratchet,profile

you speak da truth bro

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 at 21:52 Quote
Wtp supreme is loud but not in production any more. Finding parts for one is impossible unless you live next to the factory. They used cheap bearings in driver anyway like most other hubs mentioned. Primo and shadow only companies trying diff approach and the both loud as fart.

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 at 22:38 Quote
I wish shadow still made rants Frown loudest/best looking hub I've ever seen.

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 at 7:53 Quote
The funny part is that the rant and wtp supreme are almost exact same hub using the qlite system. Well obviously that system had flaws because nobody using it now and I can testify that it fails after about a year or so. Using puny bearings of any grade packed into a driver is the old way of doing it. Expect profile to do something about this issue also because who going to spend $300 on a hub with inferior technology. They all using the same bearings, profile just have nicer hub shells. You can spend $140 on primo and have no driver worries or need to constantly replace bearings every year. Needle bearing or bushings is the new way to deal with driver issues and these are companies using them: Primo-needle bearing$140, Premium-ceramic bushings $209, animal- polymer bushings $160.

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 at 10:48 Quote
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
I wish shadow still made rants Frown loudest/best looking hub I've ever seen.
im on my 2nd rant, first one blew up within 5 months, and the second was at the point it gave me headaches it was soo loud, but now its acting up and its not that loud anymore.

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 at 11:14 Quote
shishka wrote:
Needle bearing or bushings is the new way to deal with driver issues and these are companies using them: Primo-needle bearing$140, Premium-ceramic bushings $209, animal- polymer bushings $160.

G-Sport Ratchet is also a needle bearing driver.

Posted: Jan 15, 2012 at 9:29 Quote
Ya the more I research new bmx hubs most of them switching to polymer bushings or needle bearings. Gsport and primo needle. BSD, Animal, Demolition, and Colony all use polymer bushings. Profile??? have to switch it up for once. All I hear is people riding profile hubs with the dreaded wheel play and blown out driver bearings.

Posted: Jan 15, 2012 at 13:58 Quote
Profile's main problem IMHO is that they pride themselves on never changing the internal design, so problems never get fixed.

Posted: Jan 15, 2012 at 17:48 Quote
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
Profile's main problem IMHO is that they pride themselves on never changing the internal design, so problems never get fixed.

Let's not forget how they overcharge for their hubs too.

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 7:00 Quote
Ya well nobody going to pay double for a hub with inferior technology and tiny bearings that fail in months. Maybe if your racing and dont mind buying bearings and rebuilding hub constantly. Good looking hubs do nothing for you as a real rider. Even the new elite hubs have same old tiny bearings packed into driver. You going to pay $350 per hub for 6 pawls?

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 9:21 Quote
There are plenty of hubs on the market that are better than Profile hubs,they also cost half the price too.With Profile hubs,you're just paying for the american labour and the name.

One thing I cannot deny is,they are some pretty looking hubs though,but looks isn't everything when it comes to riding.....durability is what counts.

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 9:35 Quote
shishka wrote:
Ya well nobody going to pay double for a hub with inferior technology and tiny bearings that fail in months. Maybe if your racing and dont mind buying bearings and rebuilding hub constantly. Good looking hubs do nothing for you as a real rider. Even the new elite hubs have same old tiny bearings packed into driver. You going to pay $350 per hub for 6 pawls?
Gonna have to disagree with you on the fact that nobody's gonna pay. Lots and lots (and lots and lots) of people on here buy them. It's so dumb. Lol

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 14:08 Quote
Ya I almost bought a mini until was convinced to get the primo instead because of the driver bearing issue with profile. My friend is master mechanic/fabricator and has seen soooooo many people breaking profile hubs over the years. I really like profile and run some of they parts currently. I guess if I was a millionaire I wouldn't mind blowing thru a rear hub every year.

Posted: Jan 16, 2012 at 15:09 Quote
The thing about Profile is that they're expensive, and in a lot of people's minds that means they're better... and trying to convince them otherwise is kind of a waste of time.

Posted: Jan 17, 2012 at 0:09 Quote
I run elites front and back with all the add ons and what not. I ride very hard but i don't run pegs and i have never had any problems with any hubs having driver issues ever. The only hub i had problems with was my free coaster seemed to like to go through bearings but thats a different matter. I bough elite cause i work in a shop and got a good deal on them. Do they make a difference yes but its minimal. Are they bad ass? Yes constantly people freak out cause they sound like a bee hive. Me and my brother have the same wheel sets as each other and when we train the bowl at the park it is crazy loud. Just for reference i am also running the hub 3/8th in the back with no axle adapter and i have had zero problems with the hub after almost a years worth of riding and i can honestly say this is the lightest wheel set i have ever seen for freestyle use (personally always)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 2.222545
Mobile Version of Website