Powered by Outside

The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 8:10 Quote
Yepp, ShotClass is probably the hardest run on the hill. I cracked the upper part of my X.0 on that long ass skinny last year.

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 8:52 Quote
good point sammo, its a nice challenge on that trail cause besides the steep part which really isn't too bad

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 9:38 Quote
odin333 wrote:
Yepp, ShotClass is probably the hardest run on the hill. I cracked the upper part of my X.0 on that long ass skinny last year.

I snapped an XTR in the pumptrack Razz

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 9:40 Quote
how did you manage that...?

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 9:42 Quote
I'm clueless on that one actually. It was my first(or second) day out of a weeks stay and a buddy and I were just riding it for no reason. I go to pump the first roller and it snapped right off.

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 15:41 Quote
rokor wrote:
I'm clueless on that one actually. It was my first(or second) day out of a weeks stay and a buddy and I were just riding it for no reason. I go to pump the first roller and it snapped right off.

?????
thats weird. hahah.

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 22:34 Quote
bikerchris34 wrote:
rokor wrote:

?????
thats weird. hahah.
you probably had weakened it from the previous days riding and as soon as u got back on it and put a bit of force on it, it gave

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 5:39 Quote
I didn't assume it was in prestine condition before the pumptrack...

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 5:44 Quote
Its getting hot again here and hopefully and tons of snow at blue is melting. Do you think that theres a possibility of an early opening day, if the weather gets nice?

I mean, if the snow is gone why not start biking season? I am assuming that sammo will know the answer to this one Wink

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 6:27 Quote
bikerchris34 wrote:
Its getting hot again here and hopefully and tons of snow at blue is melting. Do you think that theres a possibility of an early opening day, if the weather gets nice?

I mean, if the snow is gone why not start biking season? I am assuming that sammo will know the answer to this one Wink

no ...they extended opening day last yr to because of snow melt and to make it easier for the trail crew to get the trails ready. Just because the snow is gone it doesnt mean hill is dry enough to ride

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 6:39 Quote
bikerchris34 wrote:

Just means hopefully the valley may "cross your fingers" be ready by opening day. That would be amazing enough.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 7:04 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:
bikerchris34 wrote:

no ...they extended opening day last yr to because of snow melt and to make it easier for the trail crew to get the trails ready. Just because the snow is gone it doesnt mean hill is dry enough to ride

that makes sense. but if it drys up faster than expected, and the trails are in good shape, they still wont open until the set day?

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 7:10 Quote
you probably have as good a chance at winning the 649

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 7:28 Quote
bikerchris34 wrote:
nothingsshocking wrote:
bikerchris34 wrote:

that makes sense. but if it drys up faster than expected, and the trails are in good shape, they still wont open until the set day?

I don't know how the hill operates at all, but having to coordinate a large number of employees times to start a week or two earlier then they originally agreed to can't always work out. That with insurance policies, trail maintenance, etc. It would probably cost the mountain more then it would make for one extra weekend, plus it would be a huge hassle to them. A agree with nothingsshocking. It would be nice, but it is just a far-fetched dream. If you want to ride a lift so bad, go to Bromont, it opens early may.

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 7:33 Quote
plus they still havnt had there employee orientation wich isnt till the beginning of May

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.061922
Mobile Version of Website