Powered by Outside

post your Weight Weenie street bike

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
post your Weight Weenie street bike
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 16:51 Quote
i ment stem sorry the deity stem is 270 grams the black market is 178 deity bars are 250 , the black market bars are 350

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 17:21 Quote
RJC91 wrote:
i ment stem sorry the deity stem is 270 grams the black market is 178 deity bars are 250 , the black market bars are 350
ya those are the right weights. but for 08 deitys losing 70 grams on there stem .

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
avarfang wrote:
K-rads 635g and holly rollers 865g

For comparison, hookworms weigh around 1300g
(all the info is for 26'')

That said, I'd take holly rollers over k-rads any day since the weight diferrence really isn't that big, and I like them much more.

don't ever take claimed weights for actual weights.

i've had to pairs of kenda krads: one pair weighed 930 and 950 grams, the other pair weighed 900 and 990 grams.

my holy rollers, 26x2.4, while claimed at 865 grams, were actually 780 and 800 grams... you should weigh your own and message me the weight...

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
why the hell are people saying it's not a street bike because it's got a front brake, or it's not ss, or it's aluminum? unless there's something blatantly obvious like a dh rig, if you ride street with it, then it's a street bike. if you do street tricks with it, then it's street. it doesn't matter if it's got dh tires, maybe the dude goes trailing with it as well... but still does street, or doesn't have the time nor money to switch back and forth from urban slicks. i use gears, i like it because i bike to my skatepark almost every day during the summer and places further away, and the gears really help. there's a trail on the way to my skatepark too.

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 21:42 Quote
Need to get an updated picture, however sitting at 27.2lbs with a new K710SL

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/sokoloka/Stage1-December007.jpg
frame: Stripped/Cleared '05 BlkMrkt MOB
fork: z.1 Sport dropped to 65mm
front wheel: Trailpimp DHR, Profile Non-Disc 20mm
rear wheel: Trailpimp DHR, Profile Dishless 6spd Cassette with Ti Driver
tires: 2.2 HolyRollers
cranks: Profile 170's, Ti Spindle
sprocket: 27t Profile Imperial
pedals: Azonic A-Frames
chain: Snapped Frown [Replaced with a K710SL]
stem: FUNN 25.4
bar: FUNN 25.4
headset: FSA Impact
grips: Green Snafu's
seat: Coalition
seatpost: Thomson
brake: 160mm Juicy 5

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 22:35 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
why the hell are people saying it's not a street bike because it's got a front brake, or it's not ss, or it's aluminum? unless there's something blatantly obvious like a dh rig, if you ride street with it, then it's a street bike. if you do street tricks with it, then it's street. it doesn't matter if it's got dh tires, maybe the dude goes trailing with it as well... but still does street, or doesn't have the time nor money to switch back and forth from urban slicks. i use gears, i like it because i bike to my skatepark almost every day during the summer and places further away, and the gears really help. there's a trail on the way to my skatepark too.
\

ok my street rig

photo

i can 180, abubuca, and jump like no ones business,

its 35 pounds, i think its lighter then alot of the bikes that have been posted on this thread Razz

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 23:26 Quote
[Quote="d-o-b-e-r-m-a-n-n"]
photo

i would sell my soul for this bike.

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 23:28 Quote
This thread is confusing.... street bike only have rear brakes eh ? I thought Dj bike only have rear brakes... anyway it's not important. I ride my bike for DJ and street... I guess to me it does both worlds.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 0:11 Quote
spag wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:
\

ok my street rig

photo

its 35 pounds, i think its lighter then alot of the bikes that have been posted on this thread Razz

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 0:11 Quote
spag wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:
\

ok my street rig

photo

lol

i know what what you meen !!!

sick rig but id still 180 with my bike

keep dh and i dont belive its 35 by the way

scale it first and show as a pic

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 4:16 Quote
ok heres a rule from the first page from the original poster...I don't think alluminum bikes can be called street bikes

there no Al...

if you run a front brake, you can't be worried about weight...that guy may use it for street but it's not a "weight weenie" street bike...

as for gears, you've heard it all the reasons about 20 pages ago...

according to your logic this could be a weight weenie street bike, aslong as he uses it for street...

photo

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 5:40 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
ok heres a rule from the first page from the original poster...I don't think alluminum bikes can be called street bikes

there no Al...

if you run a front brake, you can't be worried about weight...that guy may use it for street but it's not a "weight weenie" street bike...

as for gears, you've heard it all the reasons about 20 pages ago...

Then why have a rear brake? Just because ppl seem to think it's cool not having a front brake at the moment , doesn't mean having it means your bike is not street worthy or whatever.
According to your logic if you run a rear brake you can't be worried about weight... hell, even v brakes are lighter and if they do the job for guys riding trial they sure will for regular street; not even mentioning brakeless....

Not meaning to flame everybody here, just stop arguing what is weight wennie and what's not. As long as you're trying to keep your bike as light as possible you can be considered a weight wennie. If you like to run a front brake, you can still be a weight wennie. Same stuff with 24'' vs 26'' wheels, cutting bars... etc.

As for the ''rule'' about steel and al frames, the original poster only said, that he thinks no AL frame can be considered street... which is again complete BS if you ask me. The ultimate, lghtest, weight wennie street bike is that titanium bmx prototype.
Sure it's not as strong as steel, but it's weight wennie as far as it goes.

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 5:53 Quote
a rear brake is need for some mtb street moves, people do ride brakeless, those people are more of a weight weeine then those who run brakes...if i cared about riding my mtb i'd rather have it set up for v's, brakes can weigh alot to a weight weenie...the thing with cr-mo is its better for street as it flexs more and takes more of the impact...but sure thats preference...

edit- "As long as you're trying to keep your bike as light as possible you can be considered a weight wennie"...we aren't talking about weight weenies...its weight weenie street bikes...

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 7:29 Quote
FFS the OP is not defining street bikes, he wants to see peoples weight weenie bikes according to his criteria. Stop getting your knickers in a twist just because your bike may be Alu...

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 at 7:36 Quote
the title says weight weenie street bikes...so he is defining street bikes...just sayin'

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 1.062895
Mobile Version of Website