San Luis Obispo Riders

PB Forum :: USA - West
San Luis Obispo Riders
Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 23:43 Quote
haha its the easiest trail in the world to find. at least the bottom of it is. Its super overgrown right now. But the dirt should be nice after some rain.

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 0:19 Quote
one more thing, let say you're leaving town off of higuera st to drive up and ride down the grade, just before you start going up it (not the dirt road still on the freeway) off to the right there is a somewhat hidden gnarly trail. i walked up it and it hadn't looked like it was ridden in a while. its a short burst of downhill and at the end you have to make a sharp left and brake hard im assuming or else you will wind up on the freeway... sorry for the description being vague but going off of what i remember 2 years back. any information on this one/ pics/ clips?
thanks again

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 9:03 Quote
gtrider01 wrote:
one more thing, let say you're leaving town off of higuera st to drive up and ride down the grade, just before you start going up it (not the dirt road still on the freeway) off to the right there is a somewhat hidden gnarly trail. i walked up it and it hadn't looked like it was ridden in a while. its a short burst of downhill and at the end you have to make a sharp left and brake hard im assuming or else you will wind up on the freeway... sorry for the description being vague but going off of what i remember 2 years back. any information on this one/ pics/ clips?
thanks again
this trail?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-4dztorNbE

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 10:10 Quote
Top secret trails this guy is asking about. Your best bet is to go ride with one of us to show you these trails.

After this rain the last few says sounds like we need to take some clippers up to a few trails and ride. Anyone up for ping pong this weekend?

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 11:13 Quote
i dont know about top secret... hidden yeah and definitely not tower.. hard to explain but will try and rummage through some pictures and see if i have any. if not hopefully i will be in the area winter break if not sooner and meet up with some of you guys.

again if anyone is interested it is literally feet off of 101 n leaving slo just before you start going up and over the grade. it looks pretty gnarly especially at the end and i would estimate to get down it would take no longer than a minute. super short but looks like some killer abandoned dh.

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 12:26 Quote
That trail is called tower. Its a epic f*cking hike. And it's a 5 min ride top to bottom if your very fast. 1200 foot decent. Id be up to ride it next weekend.

Posted: Oct 5, 2011 at 13:45 Quote
Fearless1 wrote:
That trail is called tower. Its a epic f*cking hike. And it's a 5 min ride top to bottom if your very fast. 1200 foot decent. Id be up to ride it next weekend.
"i dont know about top secret... hidden yeah and definitely not tower.."
i dont think he is talking about tower

Posted: Oct 6, 2011 at 10:14 Quote
2nd pg 6th down looks kinda familiar... dead ends to the left and merge onto 101 just to the right. where was that taken?

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 at 11:18 Quote
6th pic down on page 2 is tower and to the right doesnt merge onto 101

Posted: Oct 6, 2011 at 12:53 Quote
gtrider01 wrote:
2nd pg 6th down looks kinda familiar... dead ends to the left and merge onto 101 just to the right. where was that taken?
are you sure you have ridden tower cause that pic is from it...

Posted: Oct 6, 2011 at 15:09 Quote
Who wants to ride ping pong tomorrow or saturday? Its raining again today. Should be good to go tomorrow.

Posted: Oct 6, 2011 at 16:52 Quote
dtroyan123 wrote:
gtrider01 wrote:
yeah that ones not tower dans right tower is pretty lame its not worth the hike it takes wayyy to long morning glory or shooters though are both realy fun trails up on the grade id recomend thoes to anyone who hasnt rident them yet, id stay away from tower not worth your time.....

Posted: Oct 6, 2011 at 19:48 Quote
shooters is siiiccckkkk

Posted: Oct 7, 2011 at 0:55 Quote
JordanSmith127 wrote:
dtroyan123 wrote:
gtrider01 wrote:
yeah that ones not tower dans right tower is pretty lame its not worth the hike it takes wayyy to long morning glory or shooters though are both realy fun trails up on the grade id recomend thoes to anyone who hasnt rident them yet, id stay away from tower not worth your time.....
morning glory and shooters all day!!!!!

Posted: Oct 11, 2011 at 15:32 Quote
Hardtailing Rockgarden...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015780
Mobile Version of Website