San Luis Obispo Riders

PB Forum :: USA - West
San Luis Obispo Riders
O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2011 at 16:46 Quote
Wait, you don't want it graded Jordan? Pretty shitty driving up it.

Posted: Dec 3, 2011 at 16:48 Quote
i just heard they are putting a Gate and locking it. no more vehicles. either at the begining or at the shooters parking lot turn around. I want to ride up to the double F word trail tomorrow. anyone down to pedal up?

Posted: Dec 3, 2011 at 17:05 Quote
Fearless1 wrote:
i just heard they are putting a Gate and locking it. no more vehicles. either at the begining or at the shooters parking lot turn around. I want to ride up to the double F word trail tomorrow. anyone down to pedal up?
i doubt that its a public access road and too many people go up for them to do that we would of known earlier if they were going to gate it one of my buddies thou swears on it there paving/grading it...which basicly means way more people driving up and way more traffic on that raod right now its only the people who are able to get up there with trucks and stuff so if they do grade it expect abunch of random people to be rally racing it and it to get way to crouded

Posted: Dec 3, 2011 at 17:40 Quote
The people who own the towers are leasing the road from the forestry service. So they are paying for the repairs. To make sure the road lasts they could block vehicle from going up. It would be dumb considering they would be locking access to the botanical gardens. Maybe its a gate they will lock at dark. Who knows. Better start getting use to pedaling if so

Posted: Dec 3, 2011 at 18:35 Quote
altix wrote:
OHHHHHk everyone chill out why dontcha. They wont put a gate up because its a forest service and loads of people use it. if they pave it i am %100 against that. Mainly because idiot poly kids will show up with their cars/trucks and try and go fast. I swear the only reason people don't die up there is because the road is so f*cked up. A fast road up there is bad news for all those incapable of driving slow and safe. also bad news for us who use the road for riding.

Exactly what i said thanks ben

Posted: Dec 3, 2011 at 21:22 Quote
I hope it stays open too. Just passing on what I heard. The only people who really need to be able to get up there are forest service, tower employees and the house. Easily could be a locked gate and keys handed out. But in all honesty, why would they say its closed from the 28th until the 8th and it just say forever if there was a gate? Haha I bet you there are just going to fill potholes and smooth out the dirt that's it

Posted: Dec 3, 2011 at 22:40 Quote
Drove to shooters today. Some work has been done on the road. Low spots have been filled in. Hopefully their planning for some more work on the road.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2011 at 8:17 Quote
Fearless1 wrote:

How is it right now? Last time i rode it, I got major poison oak. Been meaning to do some pruning.

Posted: Dec 4, 2011 at 9:05 Quote
it was trimmed back about month and a half ago. meadow is totaly cleared too

Posted: Dec 11, 2011 at 20:24 Quote
So i went to the santa ynez Dirt club race this weekend. was pretty fun. they are updating the trails now. they have building days on the weekend. They just built a super D course too. So they now have a really good dual slalom, a cool super D, a pretty fun downhill course, and xc course. you can ride for free if you help build on the weekend. check out their site at www.ridesb.com Im sure some of you are familiar with this course already but just spreading the word. they have several races coming next year with on site camping for 10 bucks.

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 at 14:10 Quote
Fearless1 wrote:
So i went to the santa ynez Dirt club race this weekend. was pretty fun. they are updating the trails now. they have building days on the weekend. They just built a super D course too. So they now have a really good dual slalom, a cool super D, a pretty fun downhill course, and xc course. you can ride for free if you help build on the weekend. check out their site at www.ridesb.com Im sure some of you are familiar with this course already but just spreading the word. they have several races coming next year with on site camping for 10 bucks.

So is it worthit to go there just with a DH bike?
you said just one DH track right?
Can you get shuttled by a friend our is it not allowd to drive your car there?

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 12:07 Quote
Im wanting to go ride a few secret trails that most of know about it Sunday. Both trails that start with f. Want to clean up and get the one that rides with race ready for the race at the end of the month. Who's in?

Posted: Dec 30, 2011 at 12:20 Quote
Rhymes with race*** edit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013866
Mobile Version of Website