Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 7:09 Quote
Good article but not enough payoff at the end. So are they saying that you can or cannot get a pivot manufactured for $800 plus 1 employee living over there for 6 months a year or are they saying it is is too much work to make sure you are managing your business. It started strong but they seemed to have missed the money shot. How much you want to bet that there is an alternate ending that ended with someone from Pivot saying 'if you air any of this we will make sure you never work in this town again Vernon."

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 9:32 Quote
Ya, end was a let down.

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 12:47 Quote
Really felt like they were starting something then got told they better pump their brakes and shut the f*&k up. Don't think the manufacturers want the end user or the bike shops to know their true profit margins...

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 22:40 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
If you guys haven't watched VERNON Felton movie yet on Taiwan... You should, time we all get dirt bikes, we are getting hosed about 3x more than we thought. Wow, really well done movie... Pinkbike stirs pot on bike industry, all companies pull sponsor dollar, pb.com shuts down by month end, see you all on vital.mtb

Building bikes is actually the easiest part of the equation.

Ultra Rad marketing, and Bro-core branding is the hardests. They should have spotlighted Evil, rather than Pivot.

Sponsoring Thomas Vanderham for a few years, and calling your bike "Evil" is a pretty boss move.
Creating bikes that are sure to fail for multiple years: Not so sweet

... But then win back bro-core market by creating some wicked way ahead of the curve, long , slack , progressive 29er bikes... Sucks em right back in.

29 = Bike manufacturer bank these days...

2/6 -4 - Life

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 8:51 Quote
Looks like I might be home for a while next week. Gonna need to get in some LAPZ, and hit up some Wednesday night BBQ if that is still a thing.

Official XB BBQ shirts on order
photo

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 9:59 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
Looks like I might be home for a while next week. Gonna need to get in some LAPZ, and hit up some Wednesday night BBQ if that is still a thing.

Official XB BBQ shirts on order
photo

Sweet, dude... XB should be up there next Wednesday... We should get a solid VRT train going up there.

Wednesday night bbq's alive and well, we got a pretty good system/setup going.

Anyone who sat out last night because of rain, missed out bigly. Rain stopped right when XB showed up, half hour later sun came out... It rained 2 hours up there prior, and it was epic brown powder everywhere! Best conditions of the season.

Never bail cause of weather.

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 10:28 Quote
Sorry I balled. I wasn't being a past but a honey boo-boo marathon was on TV.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 11:41 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Sorry I balled. I wasn't being a past but a honey boo-boo marathon was on TV.

it's ok i missed out too. stupid truck of mine decided it needed to have partial engine rebuild. so thats what today is being as well. good thing.. new timing chain and gears, water pump, and fan. weeeeee

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 15:21 Quote
Didn't know you needed a truck to bike, Thumb is a you need to get to hill... No biggie , you guys only missed all time once in a generation conditions.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 18:12 Quote
Who is Sam Hill?

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 18:47 Quote
And my early parrol has been cancelled. You fools get those trails nice and thundered out so I can enjoy them with my 26DH when I get home.

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 18:53 Quote
robe wrote:
Who is Sam Hill?

I think he was that guy who was too soft for DH, so he bought an enduro bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018192
Mobile Version of Website