Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 10:48 Quote
If you have never seen this race run, you know nothing about WC-DH and why Sam Hill is the best ever...
Completely explodes in a corner and still gets 3rd at World Chanps.

Listen to the 2nd announcer: " Any of you kids thinking about getting clipped in , dont bother!!!"
No one rides pinned foot out like Sam.

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 11:48 Quote
edwardbear wrote:
Moving to Vernon in August and exited to ride new (to me) trails. Have some history building and maintaining trails, so I'm happy to help out in that department. I am happily retired and have nothing but time.

Check out our local bike club... http://www.okcycling.com/

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 11:59 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
If you have never seen this race run, you know nothing about WC-DH and why Sam Hill is the best ever...
Completely explodes in a corner and still gets 3rd at World Chanps.

Listen to the 2nd announcer: " Any of you kids thinking about getting clipped in , dont bother!!!"
No one rides pinned foot out like Sam.

2008... A decade ago... I get it, that's when you were all time. Mirror MTB peak. At least you are still rockin DH. #washCore

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 13:21 Quote
Never said Sam is the best right now, just best ever... Sam is shaping up to be leading the EWS points overall after this weekend, there isn't one other rider in history to win multiple worlds, uci overalls in DH and a EWS Enduro overall... Sam will go down as the Greatest of All Time.

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 13:36 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Never said Sam is the best right now, just best ever... Sam is shaping up to be leading the EWS points overall after this weekend, there isn't one other rider in history to win multiple worlds, uci overalls in DH and a EWS Enduro overall... Sam will go down as the Greatest of All Time.

Just wait till gwin, or the entire Atherton family, get too soft for DH.

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 14:27 Quote
Who you like Craw? Peatty? Washed - has been that never was... Cedric: Is sweet.

Jesus Juice Gwinn on a mail order bike?

My close 2nd is Hart Attack just because he is so damned handsome.

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 15:18 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
edwardbear wrote:
Moving to Vernon in August and exited to ride new (to me) trails. Have some history building and maintaining trails, so I'm happy to help out in that department. I am happily retired and have nothing but time.

I don't get the trail app... Why not just use TrailForks and donate the $10 (100%) to NOCS? What % do you give to NOCS? How is your app better than TF?

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 15:32 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
freerydscott wrote:
edwardbear wrote:

I don't get the trail app... Why not just use TrailForks and donate the $10 (100%) to NOCS? What % do you give to NOCS? How is your app better than TF?

I don't think he was pushing the trailmapps app, but giving a shout out for NOCS. Most people just use trailforks since it is free. I considered that app before trailforks until I learned that it is $10 per riding area. I doubt anytime uses the trailmapps app anymore.

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 16:19 Quote
damo wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:
freerydscott wrote:

I don't think he was pushing the trailmapps app, but giving a shout out for NOCS. Most people just use trailforks since it is free. I considered that app before trailforks until I learned that it is $10 per riding area. I doubt anytime uses the trailmapps app anymore.

^^^This, just showing him a link to our bike club. Didn't even mention the trailgouge app? Guy said he was into building and maintaining, club is a good resource to get into the local scene and meet other riders.

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 16:20 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
freerydscott wrote:
edwardbear wrote:

When you coming out next Vernon way J-Dubz? ... Got the DH bike tweaked, and we up to washed up old guy speed, let's play. Nobles on DH bikes would be fun now, it's getting blown out, loose, bumpy très DH-able.

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 17:42 Quote
Who is riding Silver Slop this weekend? VRT train?

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 18:03 Quote
The app rolled out just before trail forks was a thing. So they seem to have obliged the old app guy by keeping him around.

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 18:20 Quote
How is this still a debate... Just use t.f. can we move on, it's like 2-13 all over

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 18:24 Quote
I'll be up tomorrow for some laps but blasting off early for Canada Day family BBQ. Going to miss the apres.

Posted: Jun 30, 2017 at 19:01 Quote
I'm out. Due to certain things that I will not mention I am out.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015092
Mobile Version of Website