wheres the younger generation gone?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
wheres the younger generation gone?
Posted: Sep 8, 2012 at 9:06 Quote
JoeeeCunningham wrote:
bikejunkie88 wrote:
I-SHOOT-NOOBS wrote:

I don't do extacy or anything like that!
Just a little bit of weed now and then, chill us out!
im 15, all my friends do weed and pretty much everything else. I'v seen What it can do and have no intrest in getting involved in it
I'm in the same boat , if you need weed to chill your talking crap ,people are just doing it to be cool most of the time
Yeah most people do it because they think its a cool thing to do!
I does actually chill you out though!

Posted: Sep 8, 2012 at 9:12 Quote
I-SHOOT-NOOBS wrote:
JoeeeCunningham wrote:
bikejunkie88 wrote:
im 15, all my friends do weed and pretty much everything else. I'v seen What it can do and have no intrest in getting involved in it
I'm in the same boat , if you need weed to chill your talking crap ,people are just doing it to be cool most of the time
Yeah most people do it because they think its a cool thing to do!
I does actually chill you out though!
well, i'l never know

Posted: Sep 8, 2012 at 9:35 Quote
[Quote="timrippeth"]
Jcloutier wrote:
Yeah, it kinda sucks. I'm 17 and got into mountain biking about 6 years ago on a '95 Gt rebound. At the time, about half the people I knew around my age were riding, but now only two of my friends still ride with me on occasion. Everyone else either plays video games or does some other sport (other sports aren't a bad thing, I just wish there were more bikers). My brother is a sad picture, he's 13 and even though I've tried to get him into both mountain biking and dirt biking, he'd rather play COD on the Playstation all day. I'm slipping a bit myself since I don't like to ride alone. Maybe it's the crappy weather, or maybe it's my lack of transportation to a good spot to ride. All I know is that I'm moving to Vermont for college. Hopefully there's more active riders up there.

hey i know its a couple onths later and you prolly already found out but theres ton of places to ride in and near vermont. In fact theres a whole dh race series called the Eastern States Cup that spans vermont ny nj and nh. trust me youll find plenty of people and places have fun and dont give up my friend.

Posted: Sep 8, 2012 at 16:06 Quote
In a way, it could be a good thing that a lot of younger riders don't have access to dh/ fr. Although I think it would be great to get more kids involved in mountain biking, good judgement and understanding how to progress gradually are necessary to riding safely, and hopefully, this should be more common in 17 year olds who can buy bikes through jobs, and are able to drive to dh and fr trails.

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 at 12:56 Quote
rcooper wrote:
In a way, it could be a good thing that a lot of younger riders don't have access to dh/ fr. Although I think it would be great to get more kids involved in mountain biking, good judgement and understanding how to progress gradually are necessary to riding safely, and hopefully, this should be more common in 17 year olds who can buy bikes through jobs, and are able to drive to dh and fr trails.

Agreed, but I'm 17, have a car, and can't afford insurance to drive it because I can't get a job (there are NONE)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011488
Mobile Version of Website