Powered by Outside

The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 16:17 Quote
silverfish1974 wrote:
matther01 wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:
photo

Flippin love this bike...Its odd because I'm sure the guy built it and then said he was selling it, I can't remember why, but now he has a brand new size L 2015 NS Eccentric frame in black for sale.

Just picked up one of these from a guy who couldn't build it up. It's amazing in the flesh. Never seen anything quite like it. Pairing it up with some black DVO diamonds later this month...very excited! Smile

Silverfish - don't friggin damage the seatstays or chainstays on your switchback ti... no one could guarantee fixing my slackline ti welds when I damaged mine, although Stanton do crash replacements for a decent price which your home insurance should cover (if appropriately insured)

Damn it I told you not to tell anyway I was getting the ti-version Switchback instead of steel....

No just kiddin...Not sure what made you think that but I'm waiting for a steel Switchback..

I read in another forum about a guy who bought a ti Stanton and went out on his first ride with it and slipped and bashed the chainstay off a rock and it knackered it up pretty bad....Maybe that was you?...but anyway yeah I felt real bad for whoever it was...

Yeah I'm getting a steel one...but I'll be careful with it still...Smile

Yep...that was me!! 5 months old. Frown

O+
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 17:30 Quote
matther01 wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:
matther01 wrote:

Just picked up one of these from a guy who couldn't build it up. It's amazing in the flesh. Never seen anything quite like it. Pairing it up with some black DVO diamonds later this month...very excited! Smile

Silverfish - don't friggin damage the seatstays or chainstays on your switchback ti... no one could guarantee fixing my slackline ti welds when I damaged mine, although Stanton do crash replacements for a decent price which your home insurance should cover (if appropriately insured)

Damn it I told you not to tell anyway I was getting the ti-version Switchback instead of steel....

No just kiddin...Not sure what made you think that but I'm waiting for a steel Switchback..

I read in another forum about a guy who bought a ti Stanton and went out on his first ride with it and slipped and bashed the chainstay off a rock and it knackered it up pretty bad....Maybe that was you?...but anyway yeah I felt real bad for whoever it was...

Yeah I'm getting a steel one...but I'll be careful with it still...Smile

Yep...that was me!! 5 months old. Frown

What did you do with the frame? Are you selling it? I can probably fix it if I saw the damage.

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 19:28 Quote
2015 Honzo with 27.5 tires

Just built up my 2015 Honzo with WTB Scraper rims (45mm internal width) and Trail Blazer tires. Room to spare with with the 2015 frame. Haven't rode it yet, but looks like it is going to be a ton of fun.

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 21:28 Quote
Yep...that was me!! 5 months old. Frown [/Quote]

What did you do with the frame? Are you selling it? I can probably fix it if I saw the damage.[/Quote]

Yeah, selling the frame. No idea how I could get it to the States though. Send me a msg. Cheers

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 22:14 Quote
Hootbmx wrote:
2015 Honzo with 27.5 tires

Just built up my 2015 Honzo with WTB Scraper rims (45mm internal width) and Trail Blazer tires. Room to spare with with the 2015 frame. Haven't rode it yet, but looks like it is going to be a ton of fun.
Sick looking rig you got there! It's a 29er frame with 29er fork, right? Curious to hear how you like it and how it compares to 29'' wheels Smile

Posted: May 10, 2015 at 22:24 Quote
Well, it won't get any sexier in my book. I might consider changing some parts (pedals and handlebar), if they break but I don't see that happening too soon. So here it is:

brake line length: check
proper drivetrain: check
some tasteful colour matching: check

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 0:30 Quote
Pyro, you've outdone yourself. That's a sick sweet rig.

@Hootbmx, the honzo looks brutal.

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 1:13 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Well, it won't get any sexier in my book. I might consider changing some parts (pedals and handlebar), if they break but I don't see that happening too soon. So here it is:

brake line length: check
proper drivetrain: check
some tasteful colour matching: check

photo

Biutiful

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 10:42 Quote
TroubleZone13 wrote:
photo
Radioactive paint, it's so hard getting a decent picture of these things lol

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 12:28 Quote
dragan-the-dragon wrote:
Pyro, you've outdone yourself. That's a sick sweet rig.

RedOctober wrote:
Biutiful

Thanks, guys Salute

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 14:42 Quote
[/Quote]
Radioactive paint, it's so hard getting a decent picture of these things lol [/Quote]

Tell me about it
photo
Commencal meta ht am
photo

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 8:47 Quote
cooper56 wrote:
Radioactive paint, it's so hard getting a decent picture of these things lol [/Quote]
Tell me about it
[/Quote]
How are you getting on with yours ? After realising that i'm skint, i've put some hours in on mine,
it's broken me, i do as it asks, and it's f*cking quick on any kind of slope Big Grin
photo
Quality picEek Total forum failure as well, mudguard, bottle cage, pump, urggh lol

Posted: May 12, 2015 at 9:09 Quote
Does the 2014 commencal meta ht sx frame have a tapered headtube does anyone know? Cos thanks to the power of exchange rates I can get that build for 650£ and then upgrade it Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030755
Mobile Version of Website