Powered by Outside

YT-Industries' bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
YT-Industries' bikes
Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 11:00 Quote
4 meter gap
Front pic of my 4 meter gap with go pro

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 12:08 Quote
today i went to a bikeshop and i saw there a trek session 88 2011, I looked at it and the cockpit was incredibly small. I mean, im not a tall guy at 1.65m but it looked like you would be on top of the handlebar most of the time ready to OTB at any moment, . I didnt sit on it though but thats what I think.

and i wrote this because i bought the small Tues and the Trek is 1cm bigger on the Top Tube Length and now im afraid that it will be too small for me.

is there anyone here that has a small Tues ?

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 12:15 Quote
alparabraham wrote:
liam8 wrote:
Just shy of 12 months old and it's still an awesome bike

photo
What size is that frame?

It is a large

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 12:25 Quote
GuilhermeGouveia wrote:
today i went to a bikeshop and i saw there a trek session 88 2011, I looked at it and the cockpit was incredibly small. I mean, im not a tall guy at 1.65m but it looked like you would be on top of the handlebar most of the time ready to OTB at any moment, . I didnt sit on it though but thats what I think.

and i wrote this because i bought the small Tues and the Trek is 1cm bigger on the Top Tube Length and now im afraid that it will be too small for me.

178cm with a large here.

I used the geo of my Demo as a point of reference before ordering. I knew I didn't want any smaller than my Medium Demo so that ruled out the Small & Medium Tues. The Tues isn't a particularly big bike, the size large sits between a M & L Demo and appears to be about the same size as a Medium Fury.

Tbh, I'd have gone for the Medium at your height but I have quite a forward riding style and have come to prefer longer bikes.

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 12:50 Quote
jimferno wrote:
178cm with a large here.

I used the geo of my Demo as a point of reference before ordering. I knew I didn't want any smaller than my Medium Demo so that ruled out the Small & Medium Tues. The Tues isn't a particularly big bike, the size large sits between a M & L Demo and appears to be about the same size as a Medium Fury.

Tbh, I'd have gone for the Medium at your height but I have quite a forward riding style and have come to prefer longer bikes.

I used the geo from my canyon torque (size S) which is even smaller than the tues but doesnt look and feel small as the Trek I saw. Also looked at their size chart and it recommended a Small between 160 and 174cm.

Also, my bike has 43cm seat tube, 54,5cm toptube and 37cm reach. The tues has 40cm, 56cm and 39.3cm.

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 12:57 Quote
I'm 1.65m as well, and i have a small. I can ride my friends large quite easily, but find the saddle gets in the way a bit due to the length. I love my small, and my friend does as well, even though he is 1.88m.

Medium would be fine for me i think, but i am more then happy with a small.

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 13:04 Quote
1.73m on Small Tues here too.....At first I felt a bit stretched on bike but moved stem to shorter position and now its all sweet, I gues it is more about what you are used to and body proportions than raw height.... feel free to check my photos of how it looks in action....

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 13:23 Quote
Andycoumbe wrote:
I'm 1.65m as well, and i have a small. I can ride my friends large quite easily, but find the saddle gets in the way a bit due to the length. I love my small, and my friend does as well, even though he is 1.88m.

Medium would be fine for me i think, but i am more then happy with a small.

Well, if its good for you then it will be good for me too, i hope.

Alexius47 wrote:
1.73m on Small Tues here too.....At first I felt a bit stretched on bike but moved stem to shorter position and now its all sweet, I gues it is more about what you are used to and body proportions than raw height.... feel free to check my photos of how it looks in action....

We'll see when the bike arrives, its suposed to be shipped this week, but i have a feeling that its going to be delayed. lol

damn, but that trek looked so small, awkward. I should have taken a photo to show you guys.

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 1:01 Quote
jimferno wrote:
I'm 100kg... The fork came with appropriate spring, the hardest available, but the shock with a 250 has really thrown me off.

I'll be honest though, I've sat on the bike and had a bounce and it doesn't feel overly soft, need to measure up the sag.

I went for the matte finish to match the paint on the LTD.

I just asked YT about the different springs they send and they said this:

"Each size of the Tues will come with a different coil spring due to the supposed riders weight.

Small 225x3,5
Medium 250x3,5
Large 275x3,5

The forks are with the standard spring."

Hope this helps.

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 3:05 Quote
tvrtuscons wrote:
jimferno wrote:
I'm 100kg... The fork came with appropriate spring, the hardest available, but the shock with a 250 has really thrown me off.

I'll be honest though, I've sat on the bike and had a bounce and it doesn't feel overly soft, need to measure up the sag.

"Each size of the Tues will come with a different coil spring due to the supposed riders weight.

Small 225x3,5
Medium 250x3,5
Large 275x3,5

Hope this helps.

But that doesn't make sense..... Whats the point of asking for rider weight if they will stick to "standard" spring rates?

e.g. Jim is 100kg, I'm 67kg...we both have a medium....So no matter how much you calibrate the shock/fork, there will be a significant issue. Either for Jim or myself.....

hmmm....

Edit: According to linkage: I would need a 225 and Jim would need a 275 for "optimum sag" (from those 3 available options).

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 11:34 Quote
tvrtuscons wrote:
jimferno wrote:

Small 225x3,5
Medium 250x3,5
Large 275x3,5

Hope this helps.

The LTD Tues was billed as being provided with the correct springs for your weight, part of what made it such a great deal over the standard Pro model.

My fork came with the correct spring installed but I am seemingly undersprung on the rear, perhaps they had problems sourcing stiffer rear shock springs? What is even stranger is that my frame is a size large but got supplied with a 250lb spring & I weigh 100KG?

For the sake of £25 I'm not going to piss and whinge though, just took delivery of a 300x3.5 spring today. Big Grin

Edit: Straight from the YT LTD press release - "Um dem Wahnsinn dann auch wieder die Krone aufzusetzen wird YT-Industries die Federhärte des Dämpfers und der Gabel auf das Gewicht und den persönlichen Fahrstil des Käufers abstimmen."

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 11:38 Quote
jimferno wrote:
GuilhermeGouveia wrote:

178cm with a large here.

And how tall are you?Are you happy with it?

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 11:44 Quote
jimferno wrote:
tvrtuscons wrote:
jimferno wrote:

Small 225x3,5
Medium 250x3,5
Large 275x3,5

Hope this helps.

The LTD Tues was billed as being provided with the correct springs for your weight, part of what made it such a great deal over the standard Pro model.

My fork came with the correct spring installed but I am seemingly undersprung on the rear, perhaps they had problems sourcing stiffer rear shock springs? What is even stranger is that my frame is a size large but got supplied with a 250lb spring & I weigh 100KG?

For the sake of £25 I'm not going to piss and whinge though, just took delivery of a 300x3.5 spring today. Big Grin
I bet you had some time on the bike.I know without the correct springrate cant be ridden as it should be but how does the bike ride?Mainly thinking about the frame/rear suspension.How are those 380s compared to the 888Evo Ti?

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 12:08 Quote
WARNING: WALL OF TEXT.

I've only ridden some relatively tame local trails but here's a few early thoughts..

I'm 178cm, on a Large frame, have left the bars at 780mm wide(I usually cut them to 760mm) and have been running the bike in the longest wheelbase settings.

Compared to the Demo I'd describe the bike as very stable & neutral feeling. The weight of the bike feels evenly distributed whereas my Demo was a bit back end heavy. As it is the bike is a tad undersprung on the rear so I was finding it hard to get it to pop off lips & get it airborne.

I haven't ridden any other modern Marzocchi forks but the closest I can compare the feeling of the 380 is to that of my old Shiver. The fork tracks the ground incredibly, even with the hard spring, it's unbelievable just how good this fork reacts to small bumps. You will initially think it's too soft but when you start dropping and hitting some decent sized rocks the fork ramps up towards the end of it's travel yet feels really controlled, preventing harsh bottom outs. It's sublime coming from a Boxxer WC which was admittedly in need of a service.

The rear shock has similar traits to the fork but the low leverage ratio means that the bike doesn't feel quite as sensitive in the rear as compared to the Demo. The dead feeling in the rear might come from the soft spring though.

The X0 trail brakes have bedded in nicely and seem to have bags of power, not on the level of my Formulas but they have a less grabby feel to them.

Will know more about the bike after this coming weekend. Smile

Posted: Apr 16, 2014 at 0:31 Quote
Like the previous post im definatly bigging up the tues 2.0 LTD also. Brilliant piece of kit. Yet to put it through its proper paces, so far so very good! I wont bore you all with any facts as id be copying Jimferno. The ride is surpreme!

I am 5'11" (180cm) and got myself a medium. as i like more of a flickable bike and personally it fits me really well. I do have it on the longer wheel base with a 30mm rise on the bars. Straight out the suspense was pretty much set up to where i want it. Bonus!

However i did have a slight panic the other day, the nickle coating on the marzocchi 380s, get horrible dirt/grease/grime stains. Due to the panic i initially thougth corrosion (nickle designed not to corrode however) as suspension cleaner didnt shift it. Get some autosol or another non-abrasive metal polish/cleaner and itll do the job.

Inivisiframe was fitted in the week too! Awesome kit! Fits really well and very simple to do so, i have no previous experience in doing it other than putting a screen on my phone which i usually screw up! But this i didnt.
If you want your forks covered and some extra sheeting for the inside of the chain stay and seat stay, best buy a blank sheet set. as these arnt included in the YT set. Still worth while!

Right, think ive bored you enough, best get back to work =[ Bring on easter weekend full of riding!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018609
Mobile Version of Website