Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Apr 13, 2024 at 5:42 Quote
You might be right. Found a guy who his willing to share his knowledge on how to train. I‘m planning on having a good go at the SSWC this year.

Good on you for caring for your mother!!

Posted: Apr 16, 2024 at 13:24 Quote
photo

Did a little loop trying to beat my friends Strava time in MV.

O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2024 at 13:54 Quote
photo
photo
photo

Finally got out for a ride on the Honzo. Currently set up with mullet since the other 29" rear wheel is out of commission. It's super slack, super low bb, lots of fun. Jane's favorite part is ending with a soak in the seasonal snow melt creek.

photo

Posted: Apr 17, 2024 at 14:32 Quote
I guess slack , wow. looks sick.

Posted: Apr 17, 2024 at 19:24 Quote
Been lucky enough to get rides and hikes in 3 to 5 days a week lately ,Its been prime riding

Over the weekend some friends insisted I take them on a guided tour of my trail for my 60th birthday celebration ride. Was mostly waiting for whipper snappers on carbon fully's all day.

photo

photo

Put together an awesome 3 1/2 hour single track ride with 4000 vert today steep climbs with a mix of janky downhill and flowey rolling single track , was pretty fun. solo riding is the shit sometimes.

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 19, 2024 at 10:04 Quote
chacou wrote:
photo
photo
photo

Finally got out for a ride on the Honzo. Currently set up with mullet since the other 29" rear wheel is out of commission. It's super slack, super low bb, lots of fun. Jane's favorite part is ending with a soak in the seasonal snow melt creek.

photo
Cleannn

Posted: Apr 21, 2024 at 20:58 Quote
Dirt church was heavenly today , I do not believe dirt conditions or weather could get any better that they were today.

Iron Mountain Trail , Red Rocks open space park and Section16 Trail made for a rad multi loop ride..

photo

Gen1 Stanton Switchback 631

Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 2:29 Quote
Enjoying lush greenery on my way to work.

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 16:27 Quote
Just got home from a quick neighborhood lap on the ESD. No photos, but did veer off the usual path to check out a new game trail that's revealed itself this spring. While it was a bit "bushwhacky" with good amount of rubble from forestry work the last few years at first, it led to some interesting steep, duffy, slabby stuff that came back onto the main trail! Gonna be a fun alt route after a bit of TLC.

Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 16:51 Quote
chacou wrote:
Just got home from a quick neighborhood lap on the ESD. No photos, but did veer off the usual path to check out a new game trail that's revealed itself this spring. While it was a bit "bushwhacky" with good amount of rubble from forestry work the last few years at first, it led to some interesting steep, duffy, slabby stuff that came back onto the main trail! Gonna be a fun alt route after a bit of TLC.

I love those sneaker routes , I usually find stuff like that when I'm hiking. I found an old abandoned trail or maybe once some kind of road that connects a higher trail to a completely different lower trail a couple weeks ago while on a run , The next day I rode to it with my silky saw and some pruners and made it rideable , Its about a mile and a half of rolling down hill with nice dirt...makes fro a great alternate route while riding home from rides.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2024 at 7:30 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
chacou wrote:

I love those sneaker routes , I usually find stuff like that when I'm hiking. I found an old abandoned trail or maybe once some kind of road that connects a higher trail to a completely different lower trail a couple weeks ago while on a run , The next day I rode to it with my silky saw and some pruners and made it rideable , Its about a mile and a half of rolling down hill with nice dirt...makes fro a great alternate route while riding home from rides.

Yeah, my problem right now is that when I do have time away from work, family, running kids around to activities, etc. there's that tough choice of "Do I hike and take a couple tools and make something to ride next time? Or do I go for a ride now while I have the opportunity?" I usually carry a small folding pruning saw, which can be very effective on anything ~6" or less. But I'm not carrying a Rogue hoe and/or hard rake out on the bike ...although I suppose I could use some ski straps to attach it along the top tube? Hmm...

Posted: Apr 25, 2024 at 9:06 Quote
chacou wrote:
Slackerdude wrote:
chacou wrote:

Yeah, my problem right now is that when I do have time away from work, family, running kids around to activities, etc. there's that tough choice of "Do I hike and take a couple tools and make something to ride next time? Or do I go for a ride now while I have the opportunity?" I usually carry a small folding pruning saw, which can be very effective on anything ~6" or less. But I'm not carrying a Rogue hoe and/or hard rake out on the bike ...although I suppose I could use some ski straps to attach it along the top tube? Hmm...

I understand , I have much less time for myself with my current situation..My main trail I take care of needs a full day of work , not sure if I will get to it anytime soon plus after the first big storms of late spring early summer it will need even more work , letting it fester for a while.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2024 at 13:57 Quote
neighborhood lunch ride before winter weather rolls back in for the weekend. brought the folding saw along to clean up a bit of winter blow down. really need to get out with the rake and rogue hoe though
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2024 at 19:59 Quote
Not today, but last summer in Darrington. Buddy finally sent me a link to the video he took. I was ahead of the camera, you can see the tree that was leaning across the trail. As I rode by it I had to duck and I still clipped it with my right bar end, just hard enough that it fell behind me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=QogQzmJGHdI&feature=youtu.be

Posted: Apr 25, 2024 at 20:38 Quote
Thats crazy... Cool looking forest and trail

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041327
Mobile Version of Website