Powered by Outside

Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
O+
Posted: May 17, 2024 at 18:44 Quote
1st ride of the year! AND it was new bike day! did a couple of local laps.

photo

photo

O+
Posted: May 17, 2024 at 19:56 Quote
Your bike looks like it might have been stung by one of the bees pollinating those trilliums.

(I kid!) Nice new whip!

O+
Posted: May 17, 2024 at 20:00 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Nice new whip!

Thanks Gnar! She a bit chunky, but she's a keeper! LOL

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 20:49 Quote
Nice ! looks like a capable E-bike ,

well , I had new tire and pedals day on a morning ride before a brutal friday afternoon of work ,

Has been perfect riding conditions for most of this spring season,

been getting out riding or hiking 5 or 6 days a week ,

With the care taking for my elderly mother I dont see getting any huge epic rides in for a while but getting to do frequent 1 1/2 to 2 hour put the hammer down rides has been pretty satisfying...

photo

photo

O+
Posted: May 17, 2024 at 21:17 Quote
Slackerdude wrote:
Nice ! looks like a capable E-bike ,

well , I had new tire and pedals day on a morning ride before a brutal friday afternoon of work ,

Has been perfect riding conditions for most of this spring season,

been getting out riding or hiking 5 or 6 days a week ,

With the care taking for my elderly mother I dont see getting any huge epic rides in for a while but getting to do frequent 1 1/2 to 2 hour put the hammer down rides has been pretty satisfying...

photo

photo

I always lust after your bikes! The last bike I NEED to complete my stable is a titanium hardtail! Big Grin

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 23:21 Quote
Wednesday was a good day.

On my way to work:

photo

photo

Found a fossil sea shell walking back to the bike.

photo

photo

And I tested out the new wheels for the Spur after work.

photo

Orchids are blooming

photo

photo

Did about 120km of riding up until yesterday and I'm off for a day of riding in the Harz mountains right now.

p.s. Got a new highscore with the cargo bike at 38.6mph yesterday. Some tailwind might have been involved Razz

O+
Posted: May 18, 2024 at 19:30 Quote
Blanchard zone; Oyster Dome, Lizard Lake, British Army Trail.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: May 18, 2024 at 19:36 Quote
Nice!! I always chuckle when people say Ebikes are for lazy people! I always end up blowing myself up every time I hop on one! Fat kid at a candy store!! lol

O+
Posted: May 18, 2024 at 20:01 Quote
For me, the e-bike has already become a game-changer. I plan to use it to get out exploring farther than I ever would otherwise.

Todays' ride breakdown:

boost - 5%
trail - 15%
eco - 15%
off - 65%

It's amazing how just a little bit of assistance will get me such a long ways. I'm coming up on 60 years old, this will prolong my adventuring by a considerable amount!

Posted: May 18, 2024 at 20:17 Quote
That is awesome! Last time I snagged one I did 18 miles in an hour and places I normally say screw it and get off and hike I was doing 9 mph up and giggling away. Enjoy!

Posted: May 19, 2024 at 13:08 Quote
Pretty cool! When did you start riding PAC?

Did about 50km and 1720m of climbing yesterday. That's about 30miles and 5600ft vert.

Beautiful trails. But the colossal loss of trees higher up due to bark beetles is had to fathom.

photo

photo

photo

My buddy crashed on this bit and almost went down the cliff. One of the first few rides on his new bike and first trail of the day. Things got better after this, though.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: May 19, 2024 at 13:23 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Pretty cool! When did you start riding PAC?

I rode a bunch and raced a little in my 20's. Still have my 1989 Cannondale Red Shred. Stopped riding while I was raising my family and just dove into riding again in 2021. I live in Bellingham, WA and grew up riding all the local spots before they were a thing. Now, Galbraith is world-renowned and it is literally in my back yard. I'm creeping up on 60 years old and my brain still wants epic rides, but my body says otherwise!

O+
Posted: May 23, 2024 at 16:48 Quote
Little jaunt to the top of the hill in my back yard!

Lake Whatcom and Sudden Valley from Lookout

Lookout

Lookout

Lookout

Lookout

Posted: May 23, 2024 at 21:39 Quote
Nice , that second from last photo looks like a painting.

Posted: May 24, 2024 at 2:52 Quote
Found a new trail. It's a diversion from an old one where the top soil is eroded and the clay and roots are exposed. Makes it pretty unpleasent to ride in wet conditions.
The diversion is super fresh, nicely built and longer than the original line. Awesome!

photo

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032157
Mobile Version of Website