Powered by Outside

Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: May 22, 2024 at 19:33 Quote
I’m bummed I didn’t hit predator ridge when we we up at the star a few years ago. That looks fun.

Posted: May 22, 2024 at 21:54 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
I’m bummed I didn’t hit predator ridge when we we up at the star a few years ago. That looks fun.

Come back anytime. There’s a lot up there now. However, they are short trails so you have to link a bunch together to get a good ride in.

Technically what I rode in the video is Mantle, Granite, Rift upper, Jungle Gym Jumps, Rock garden playground, Arches, and The Nest back up and over. Short runs so linking them all together is the key.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2024 at 22:20 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Cool video and that trail does look fun. Does anyone else have theirs derestricted? I ride with a group where we all have ours derestricted. It’s nice not to hit the limit wall especially when you need speed for a jumpline or on fast flat sections.
Interested, tell me more. I hate the limiter, it kicks in right when I want a couple more pedal strokes.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2024 at 9:00 Quote
Holy. I was I had time to ride looks good it there shred .
Soon. Hopefully get some park laps .
Monday as I was standing in my kitchen I hear a big smash coming from the backyard.
Look out window and see Nissan rouge smashed up in next door neighbours back yard . They were on the one way access road above us and came over the edge and down the hill through the fence and over some retaining wall.
I ran around to the front gate just as my neighbour was coming out his house . Ran around back and the old dude was unconscious bleeding from his face .
I smashed the back pass window so i could get in and shut car off and put it in park .
Dude was out of it for about 5 mins . By the time the ambulance got there he was coming around. It was nuts .

O+
Posted: May 23, 2024 at 10:39 Quote
YOU DA MAN JAMES! Salute

feel like 90% of society would have stood there recording with their cell phone, and then complained about how long it took first responders to arrive, rather than leaping to action and being a first responder.

Posted: May 23, 2024 at 11:26 Quote
Short laps are good laps!

Nice work hero Jamez!!!

O+
Posted: May 23, 2024 at 18:05 Quote
Hero! Ya right .
Honestly man there’s been some points
in the last couple years where emergency situation has called upon me and I didn’t do all that I could or should have done . Then I get the remorse and thinking about how I should have handled the situation .
Replaying those situations over and over in my mind and dwelling on them has made my action response better .
Like ok dumbass don’t f*ck this up… lol

Posted: May 24, 2024 at 9:16 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Only thing I wish was my Bullit had the little bit larger battery of the Heckler. Sometimes I just want a little more but I have to start heading back to the house.

With that said it has assist for the ups. I’ll take the longer 170/170mm of my Bullit over the Heckler for the downs. Every time.

that trail looks fun. i'm hoping to bring my bullit to your neck of the woods in july. i'll reach out so we can shoot our bullits together.
giggity.

but real talk i feel like the bike has resurrected the joy in a sport that i pretty much had walked away from 4 years ago- after spending so mcuch time in my life developing skills at.
just waiting for the rugby and football teams im coaching to end their seasons so that i can have a f*cking moment of free time to myself again.

Posted: May 24, 2024 at 14:03 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Holy. I was I had time to ride looks good it there shred .
Soon. Hopefully get some park laps .
Monday as I was standing in my kitchen I hear a big smash coming from the backyard.
Look out window and see Nissan rouge smashed up in next door neighbours back yard . They were on the one way access road above us and came over the edge and down the hill through the fence and over some retaining wall.
I ran around to the front gate just as my neighbour was coming out his house . Ran around back and the old dude was unconscious bleeding from his face .
I smashed the back pass window so i could get in and shut car off and put it in park .
Dude was out of it for about 5 mins . By the time the ambulance got there he was coming around. It was nuts .

That’s crazy. It’s a pretty serious hill coming down behind your place.

Posted: May 24, 2024 at 14:05 Quote
obee1 wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
Only thing I wish was my Bullit had the little bit larger battery of the Heckler. Sometimes I just want a little more but I have to start heading back to the house.

With that said it has assist for the ups. I’ll take the longer 170/170mm of my Bullit over the Heckler for the downs. Every time.

that trail looks fun. i'm hoping to bring my bullit to your neck of the woods in july. i'll reach out so we can shoot our bullits together.
giggity.

but real talk i feel like the bike has resurrected the joy in a sport that i pretty much had walked away from 4 years ago- after spending so mcuch time in my life developing skills at.
just waiting for the rugby and football teams im coaching to end their seasons so that i can have a f*cking moment of free time to myself again.

Absolutely, reach out when you’re coming. I’ll take you to the good stuff.

Posted: May 25, 2024 at 8:44 Quote
Hey Joe...Check your inbox.

O+
Posted: May 25, 2024 at 22:37 Quote
d-man wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Cool video and that trail does look fun. Does anyone else have theirs derestricted? I ride with a group where we all have ours derestricted. It’s nice not to hit the limit wall especially when you need speed for a jumpline or on fast flat sections.
Interested, tell me more. I hate the limiter, it kicks in right when I want a couple more pedal strokes.

The one I use, (Speedfun Furious Evo for the Bosch smart system) is pretty simple and it’s the most reasonably priced that I’ve found and I’ve got about 1,000 miles on it right now. My bike has the Bosch race motor and you basically just unplug the power wire that goes into the motor and plug it unto the unit and plug the unit into the motor jack and you’re good to go. It feels the same as stock, except that it doesn’t shut off at the limit. I can push it to about 28-30mph on flats, just like my Amish bike. I don’t use the Kiox display or the Bosch flow app so it can’t use gps to track my actual speed.

https://www.speedfun.bike/en/prodotto/speedfun-furious-evo-easy-for-bosch-smart-system/

O+
Posted: May 26, 2024 at 6:50 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
d-man wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

The one I use, (Speedfun Furious Evo for the Bosch smart system) is pretty simple and it’s the most reasonably priced that I’ve found and I’ve got about 1,000 miles on it right now. My bike has the Bosch race motor and you basically just unplug the power wire that goes into the motor and plug it unto the unit and plug the unit into the motor jack and you’re good to go. It feels the same as stock, except that it doesn’t shut off at the limit. I can push it to about 28-30mph on flats, just like my Amish bike. I don’t use the Kiox display or the Bosch flow app so it can’t use gps to track my actual speed.

https://www.speedfun.bike/en/prodotto/speedfun-furious-evo-easy-for-bosch-smart-system/

Sick, I will check it out thanks

O+
Posted: May 26, 2024 at 9:00 Quote
d-man wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
d-man wrote:

Sick, I will check it out thanks

Beer

Posted: May 26, 2024 at 14:16 Quote
Probably voids warranty?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.050982
Mobile Version of Website