Silverstar or Sunpeaks what one would you choose and why?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Silverstar or Sunpeaks what one would you choose and why?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 4, 2010 at 18:09 Quote
title says it all, trying to decide where i would rather go for the summer.

O+ FL
Posted: May 4, 2010 at 18:12 Quote
Personally I think Siverstar would be the way to go, some of the most fun trails around.

Posted: May 4, 2010 at 18:32 Quote
have you been to both?

Posted: May 4, 2010 at 19:13 Quote
oneill-kid123 wrote:
title says it all, trying to decide where i would rather go for the summer.

SS for fun fast smooth blue/black/double black jump trails with airtime, and a little DH rooty/rocky action and some freeride stunts

SP for gnarly steep sketchy natural singletrack DH lines that will really test you and a couple jump/stunt trails, even the blue trails are rad fun. The blacks are a little insane.

SP has the nicer village, more happening, nicer hotels, quieter vibe

2 cents

Posted: May 4, 2010 at 19:20 Quote
oneill-kid123 wrote:
hmmm

Spoiled for choice ? Hit up both resorts. 2 hrs drive away.

Posted: May 4, 2010 at 19:21 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
oneill-kid123 wrote:
hmmm

Spoiled for choice ? Hit up both resorts. 2 hrs drive away.

not a bad idea

Posted: May 4, 2010 at 19:39 Quote
silverstar is one of the best hills in north america. its sooooooooooooooo fun.

O+ FL
Posted: May 4, 2010 at 20:35 Quote
oneill-kid123 wrote:
have you been to both?

It's been a few years since I rode Sun Peaks, and it's only 2 hrs away, that is how much I like Silverstar. Next to Whistler I think Siverstar is the best bike park out there, lots of good intermediate terrain that is super fun, but easy for beginner riders, and two of the most fun jump runs on the planet with Rock-Star and Pipe Dream, but again thats just my opinion.

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 20:56 Quote
does silverstar have much super steep sketchy stuff? I think Im going there mid july and kind of prefer steep lines to jump trails... but ill take what i can get Smile

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 20:59 Quote
silverstar has it alllllllllllll. youll love it

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 21:01 Quote
bderricks wrote:
does silverstar have much super steep sketchy stuff? I think Im going there mid july and kind of prefer steep lines to jump trails... but ill take what i can get Smile

Not at all, you chose the wrong bike park for steeps and gnar.

At SS I suggest you ride Flow and Downtown, and Dags Downhill has a bit bit is mainly rougher gnar stuff, but it lacks the terrifying, insanely steep, loose, rocky, rooty sketch lines that SP has.

Posted: May 5, 2010 at 21:02 Quote
ktbo wrote:
silverstar has it alllllllllllll. youll love it

He said "super steep sketchy stuff". Keep it real.

Posted: May 21, 2010 at 20:14 Quote
my thoughts, Silverstar is new-school, Sun Peaks is old-school. I dont think Sun Peaks is fun on a bike with 7" or less. But Silverstar is always twice as crowded.

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 8:48 Quote
In my opinion, Sun Peaks is more enjoyable than Silver Star for a few reasons;

Sun Peaks does have it all. Most of the runs are more technical than the "wide" trails SS has to offer. At SP, you will not find runs that are 10 miles wide, like A-Line at Whistler. In this respect, SS is like Whistler.

Sun peaks has a better lift setup, as the village isn't up the mountain. This makes for a better last run Smile

Lots of people consider the fact that SP doesn't groom their trails a drawback. In some respects this is true. If you're running your 6" & 6" or 7" & 7" with 15% sag, a steep head-angle and 100psi in your tires, some of the runs will hang a lickin' on your ankles/hands/arms. Before dropping into a trail that is known to be full of stutter, dial in 35% sag, slow your rear end down, and air down the rear tire.

SP is great when it's dry and dusty, but also extremely fun when everything is soggy and soupy (those of you who have ridden Sugar to Sweetone in the rain know what I mean).

No matter what anyone posts here, you will have to ride both.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019723
Mobile Version of Website