car isnurance?!?!?! help

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
car isnurance?!?!?! help
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 6, 2010 at 14:15 Quote
hey i just wanna hear from the experienced and a rough estimate on how much will car insurance cost me as im soon 17 and iwant a honda civic 1.4 on my mums policy... but i tried online it still comes up at like 4k WTF? what am i doing wrong? anyone had previous experience?

thanks

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 14:23 Quote
Have your mom call up her insurance company or send her insurance agent an email directly and get a quote to include that vehicle on her policy. In my experience that is a far more efficient way than using online calculators.

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 21:12 Quote
I heard its not cheap to beiong with over there. but 4g's!!

I pay less then $1700 with an accident and a ticket (im 19)

Posted: May 7, 2010 at 9:04 Quote
alrite cool... thanks but my dad says search online first.. and he says its possible and im like i cant fukin do it!!

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 17:53 Quote
4k is about what I would spend up here in Ontario at 17.

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 8:25 Quote
really? wow.. thats tons... im interested to get a 1.3 toyota starlet on my mums policy... its insurance group 4e surely it shouldunt go anything above 1k?

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 12:27 Quote
wow, its only 1400/year i alberta

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 14:21 Quote
yeah ontario's insurance for males under 20 is pretty ridiculous.

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 14:28 Quote
If it's your car then dont put it on a parent's policy, it's a criminal offence known as 'fronting' and insurance companies have ways of finding out. If you crash the car and the insurance find out that you are fronting then they will refuse to pay out and, if the crash involves another car, you could be prosecuted for driving without insurance. What you want to do is do pass plus, costs about £150 and takes 6 hours in total, and insure the car in your name with a parent as a named driver. Even then you are unlikely to get a quote of under 1k, so far the cheapest i've found was around 2k.

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 9:17 Quote
its not an offence? dude what im doing is adding my self on to my mums policy with my own 1.3 car... thats no offence...

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 11:06 Quote
i still think im doing something wrong.. can some one help me out ..

im 16 but ill put i jsut turned 17 with no experience... on a 1.3 toyota starlet..and i wanna go on my mums policy as a named driver and she has a 2l honda crv with 4 years no claim bonus... and i still got like 4k per year? wtf? do i get a qiuote on my mums and THEN add me as a named driver or what?

real help will be apreciated thanks

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 14:46 Quote
I may have misunderstood you. If you are insuring the car as yours on your mum's policy then that is fine although I recommend you do it the other way around because many insurance companies offer a small discount to younger drivers who take out their own policy and have their parents as named drivers. Also do pass plus, some insurance companies offer a 10-15% discount to young drivers with it.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 8:21 Quote
ok my mum drives a 2l honda crv now and pays like 300 a year...

so what i need to do is insure the 1.3 on my mums name and add me as an additional driver>?

will the total price be added ON TO the 300 or will be a sepperate ammount for the lil car?

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 14:42 Quote
DONT DO THAT WHATEVER YOU DO!!!

If the car is yours and you insure it in a parents name and add yourself as an additional driver you will be fronting and could potentially face charges for driving without insurance if you have a crash and the insurance refuse to pay out.

What you need to do is insure the car as yours on your own seperate policy and have your mum as an additional driver on your policy, and do pass plus.

Also I'd suggest rethinking your choice of car: car insurance costs are calculated on a lot of factors including repair costs and japanese cars are expensive to repair because spare parts are imported from outside the EU and have a lot of tax put on them, perhaps think about a vw polo or a fiesta, something cheap to repair. And dont expect to get a quote much below 2k, young male drivers are very risky to insure and prices reflect this.

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 15:53 Quote
the best way to figure this out is to call the insurance company`s for a quote, easy, takes you 5 minutes.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015294
Mobile Version of Website