Do you think scott voltage fr 30 is a good starter bike?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Do you think scott voltage fr 30 is a good starter bike?
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 1:19 Quote
im 16 nearl 17 and trying ot get into more downhill freeride. i noramyl just do dirt jump. i have the bidget of around 1500poundds and it looks like the scott is the best opinson. can you lot help tp tell me other whys ????

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 1:22 Quote
ok... first of all, SPELLCHECK!

second, yeah, thats a good bike

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 1:47 Quote
yep,i just got one and love it, ive had many bikes over the years but this one really satisfy me for the type of riding i do and i dont say that because i just got it. i started riding at around your age actually couple years younger,im 27 now and have owned various types of bikes , not a fan boy of any brand (this is my first scott and i never thought id own one til i test rode one)and i can give a honest unbiased opinion . seeing that you came from a dirt jump background , you will love this bike. the geometry is like a dirt jump bike but with 180mm of travel. rides well and light for this type of bike.

this is the first bike i own that i can honestly say that i am impressed with . i have zero regret buying it( after 10 hours on it in 2 days). but do try it out if you can. some bikes work for some, and not for others.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 2:04 Quote
Although its a great beginner bike, you could get a very good Second hand bike for 1500

FL
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 8:13 Quote
thanks guys Smile and i dont want a second hand bike... been there done that and i want a new one coz then i kno everything is fine. gettin it saturday Smile

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 1:29 Quote
Use the cycle to work scheme and get the 20 :p

FL
Posted: May 10, 2010 at 8:51 Quote
bobochobo wrote:

how can i do that if i still go to skl :L

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 8:53 Quote
samiytfc wrote:
bobochobo wrote:

how can i do that if i still go to skl :L

I use spell check with great effects,so please for the good of all users use spell check and don't use text speak.

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 11:07 Quote
Ask your parents nicely to say they will use it to cycle to work on, and you can pay them back later or something.

Should it not be: ''I use a spell checker with great results, so please, for the good of all users, use a spell checker'' ?

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 11:25 Quote
bobochobo wrote:
Ask your parents nicely to say they will use it to cycle to work on, and you can pay them back later or something.

Should it not be: ''I use a spell checker with great results, so please, for the good of all users, use a spell checker'' ?

Maybe and usually i don't pull people for it,but for text chat i do.

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 13:02 Quote
Fair enough, it is the internet afterall.

Ontopic... Samiytfc, you should talk to your LBS and try to edge the price down/get freebies or go with the cycle to work scheme.

FL
Posted: May 11, 2010 at 7:40 Quote
bobochobo wrote:

Ontopic... Samiytfc, you should talk to your LBS and try to edge the price down/get freebies or go with the cycle to work scheme.
ok thank mate i will try and do and do that mate Smile

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 7:43 Quote
samiytfc wrote:
bobochobo wrote:

Or shop around for the best deals/older model bikes i saved 500 quid by buying an 08 and there ain't any difference frame wise just the spec which hardly seems to have changed.

Back end of 07 i saved a grand on a stinky primo.

FL
Posted: May 12, 2010 at 3:51 Quote
marquis wrote:
samiytfc wrote:
bobochobo wrote:

Or shop around for the best deals/older model bikes i saved 500 quid by buying an 08 and there ain't any difference frame wise just the spec which hardly seems to have changed.

i will mate but one problem with the scott its new this year :L so you cant get an older verson... but what bike you got in mind ?

Posted: May 13, 2010 at 11:50 Quote
samiytfc wrote:
marquis wrote:
samiytfc wrote:

i will mate but one problem with the scott its new this year :L so you cant get an older verson... but what bike you got in mind ?

Any that take your fancy,most will hate on kona but it uses the same suspension design as the scott,then there is the bighit with fsr and devinci with fsr too.

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012219
Mobile Version of Website